Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UPDATE (green means lawsuit is over, red means things are still pending)

New York - Dems probably pick up 3-4 seats
    North Carolina - Rs pick up 3.5 seats
    Ohio - No changes
    New Mexico - No changes
    Utah - ruling has been pending forever, I expect this to be a 3-2 decision whichever way it goes. The justices in Utah are all conservative but it's a very moderate court because of how judges are selected in Utah.
    Georgia - Dems picked up no seats, they just ghettoized themselves with a new map that makes the red suburban Atlanta districts less likely to flip this decade. The whole lawsuit was dumb.
    Alabama - Dems pick up 1 seat.
    Louisiana - I'm really torn on how this one pans out. The 5th circuit has had opportunities to pillow smother this lawsuit so far but hasn't, at the same time it's allowed the defendants to stall.
    Florida - Same thing as LA. No idea how this one shakes out. It's a very conservative state supreme court but the FL GOP is basically asking the FL Supreme Court to rule that the VRA is uncons utional.

End result - New York and NC should roughly cancel each other out, the Dems picked up 1 seat in AL, and there's 3 additional Dem lawsuits left unresolved. My guess is that between LA, FL and UT, the Dems pick up 1 additional seat, so all of the lawsuits and map changes from 2022 to 2024 will result in a total of 2 net Dem pickups.
    Are you including or excluding the Santos/Suozzi seat? Because even GOP pundits had the Dems netting 3-4 seats from 2022 to 2024 with or without a changed map. That's assuming they don't go extreme and try to draw out people like Malliotakis again.

I still see the Senate as Tilt to Lean R and the House control will be in the 220s either way, very narrow control on either side, and will depend on who wins the Presidency. Open seats like MI-07 and MI-08 can absolutely flip if Trump does better in MI than 2020. OH-09 for instance is flippable with a well funded, socially moderate candidate. If Trump flips Nevada (I'm still not sold, but the right wing and even centrist podcasts and polls seem to think it can happen) then 1, 2, or even all 3 of the Democrat House seats in Nevada are in jeopardy. If NE PA flips red and SE PA continues zooming blue, does Cartwright lose, probably, and does Fitzpatrick lose? Probably not because he's an ultra popular in bent, but who knows. Out west, CO-03 was a major question mark and with Hoebert moving, it's not going to flip blue. I have OR-05 flipping back blue and WA-03 flipping back red. If Trump does at least as well as in 2020 or better in Arizona then Schweikert holds on one more cycle, even with legal abortion likely to pass on the same ticket. I'm not convinced that the Central Valley California GOP in bents (Duarte/Valadao) are necessarily doomed; I think that area has authentically trended red as it's majority hispanic rural/exurban working class, not hispanic urbanites like the west coast of Cali.

As per current presidential polling data, factoring in the Dems probably gain 1-2 net seats in redistricting, but also factoring in the Democrat retirements in swing state swing districts and also factoring in that the GOP seriously underperformed in 2022 when abortion is a much hotter topic than 2024 (not saying it'll be a non-issue, but it'll be towards the bottom since most states have already decided by this point)... the house is Lean R. 224 R or so would be about my best guess. But in a Biden re-election victory scenario I wouldn't be surprised if Jeffries gets a slim majority.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Are you including or excluding the Santos/Suozzi seat? Because even GOP pundits had the Dems netting 3-4 seats from 2022 to 2024 with or without a changed map. That's assuming they don't go extreme and try to draw out people like Malliotakis again.

I still see the Senate as Tilt to Lean R and the House control will be in the 220s either way, very narrow control on either side, and will depend on who wins the Presidency. Open seats like MI-07 and MI-08 can absolutely flip if Trump does better in MI than 2020. OH-09 for instance is flippable with a well funded, socially moderate candidate. If Trump flips Nevada (I'm still not sold, but the right wing and even centrist podcasts and polls seem to think it can happen) then 1, 2, or even all 3 of the Democrat House seats in Nevada are in jeopardy. If NE PA flips red and SE PA continues zooming blue, does Cartwright lose, probably, and does Fitzpatrick lose? Probably not because he's an ultra popular in bent, but who knows. Out west, CO-03 was a major question mark and with Hoebert moving, it's not going to flip blue. I have OR-05 flipping back blue and WA-03 flipping back red. If Trump does at least as well as in 2020 or better in Arizona then Schweikert holds on one more cycle, even with legal abortion likely to pass on the same ticket. I'm not convinced that the Central Valley California GOP in bents (Duarte/Valadao) are necessarily doomed; I think that area has authentically trended red as it's majority hispanic rural/exurban working class, not hispanic urbanites like the west coast of Cali.

As per current presidential polling data, factoring in the Dems probably gain 1-2 net seats in redistricting, but also factoring in the Democrat retirements in swing state swing districts and also factoring in that the GOP seriously underperformed in 2022 when abortion is a much hotter topic than 2024 (not saying it'll be a non-issue, but it'll be towards the bottom since most states have already decided by this point)... the house is Lean R. 224 R or so would be about my best guess. But in a Biden re-election victory scenario I wouldn't be surprised if Jeffries gets a slim majority.
    I’m not reading that whole paragraph but agree that the senate is lean R . As long as the Montana GOP nominates Sheehy over Rosendale that rating isn’t changing either since that’s literally the only race they need to flip the senate.

When I say gains 3-4 seats I mean that NY17, NY22, NY04 and potentially NY19 get redrawn in a way where partisanship can carry any Democrat regardless of candidate quality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not reading that whole paragraph but agree that the senate is lean R . As long as the Montana GOP nominates Sheehy over Rosendale that rating isn’t changing either since that’s literally the only race they need to flip the senate.

When I say gains 3-4 seats I mean that NY17, NY22, NY04 and potentially NY19
    get redrawn in a way where partisanship can carry any Democrat regardless of candidate quality.
    So you're essentially saying 4 or 5 pickups from 2022 to 2024, counting NY-03. Answered my question.

I'm going to stick to my prediction of, 224R-211D in a Trump victory scenario, or 219D-216R in a Biden victory scenario.

House is still inherently tilt R because the GOP underperformed in districts they should have won especially in the rust belt, but never count out Ronna and the GOP to underperform again

I actually think Larose over Brown in Ohio, not a particularly split ticket state on the federal level when Trump's going to win there by double digits, is more of a sure thing than Sheehy over Tester, in a state that's been forever red on the presidential level but voted for Max Buchus by dictator margins for decades at the senate level. Granted, Tester isn't Buchus, but both Sheehy and Rosendale are carpetbaggers and Tester like Buchus is MT born and bred.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Surprisingly, it looks like the Louisiana GOP is going to pass a new map with a 2nd majority black seat with no additional fighting or court battles.

Rumor is that Rep. Garrett Graves has pissed a lot of people in leadership off while there’s a black Dem who’s friendly with the new LA governor so they’re happy to use this as a way to give him a seat while drawing Graves out.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Surprisingly, it looks like the Louisiana GOP is going to pass a new map with a 2nd majority black seat with no additional fighting or court battles.

Rumor is that Rep. Garrett Graves has pissed a lot of people in leadership off while there’s a black Dem who’s friendly with the new LA governor so they’re happy to use this as a way to give him a seat while drawing Graves out.
    It's American Democracy, Will, like permitting, thus encouraging assassination attempts upon the life of President Trump, his wife and their only child.

Why, though? Simple; he made President.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TL;DR Landry if he supports Trump he's a dumbass to do that because not having a trifecta will seriously hamper Trump's "project 2025 / agenda 47". He'll be forced to nuke the all time record for most executive orders in a term, in his first year alone. SCOTUS may or may not uphold it.

I think the Dems are all in on that plan that I discussed with you months ago, absolutely barnstorm the House in 2024, punt away the presidency to Trump, flush out his last term, do enough damage control in the Senate to minimize the GOP to 52-53 senate seats, stonewall Trump's presidency with a slim House majority if they can, hope Sotomayor/Kagan/Jackson all make it 4 more years (they should), ride Trump's unpopularity to a blue wave 2026 and then get an actual competent two-term Presidential candidate nominated in 2028, someone like Shapiro and Whitmer who stands for the working middle American man/woman and not just being the party of coastal elites, s, and Free Palestine.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    TL;DR Landry if he supports Trump he's a dumbass to do that because not having a trifecta will seriously hamper Trump's "project 2025 / agenda 47". He'll be forced to nuke the all time record for most executive orders in a term, in his first year alone. SCOTUS may or may not uphold it.
    Landry is the one pushing it because he's one of the people Graves doesn't get along with.

What makes no sense to me is that they could screw Graves but make it so the 2nd district more purple. This map gives the Dems two safe blue, majority black seats for no reason.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Also there's now a lawsuit challenging the Wisconsin congressional map but I'd be very surprised if it does anything before 2024.

The new lib majority in Wisconsin is definitely hackish but they're not going to abandon any semblance of credibility which is what would be required to hear a case about a new congressional map on an expedited basis.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    who the did Graves piss off so much? They put him in the majority black seat and were blatant about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also there's now a lawsuit challenging the Wisconsin congressional map but I'd be very surprised if it does anything before 2024.

The new lib majority in Wisconsin is definitely hackish but they're not going to abandon any semblance of credibility which is what would be required to hear a case about a new congressional map on an expedited basis.
    It'd also require cracking Madison to make WI-03 anything bluer than purple.

Landry is the one pushing it because he's one of the people Graves doesn't get along with.

What makes no sense to me is that they could screw Graves but make it so the 2nd district more purple. This map gives the Dems two safe blue, majority black seats for no reason.

That's an ugly, Pritzkermander-esque map. It's also the first time I've seen one party intentionally draw a map that's in favor of the other party, not by court order but out of spite.

I can't even tell which two of those seats are going blue? Is is that ugly 6th district and the 1st or 2nd district? One of those is Scalise's seat which I'm sure they wouldn't touch. Also, Mike Johnson's seat is safe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No significant redistricting expected in NY:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...-york-00141458

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York Court of Appeals just greenlit a new congressional map.

RIP Mike Lawler, you fake moderate sanctimonious jackass!
    Didn't happen. If anything they solidified the GOP and Democrat in bents (Molinaro, Ryan, Lawler) aside from Brandon Williams whose seat got 3-4 points bluer, and of course Tony Desposito who was DOA anyway because it's a D+14 seat.

Aside from the Suozzi seat you're getting 2 pick-ups (NY-04 and NY-22) and that's it.

UPDATE (green means lawsuit is over, red means things are still pending)

New York - Dems probably pick up 3-4 seats
    North Carolina - Rs pick up 3.5 seats
    Ohio - No changes
    New Mexico - No changes
    Utah - ruling has been pending forever, I expect this to be a 3-2 decision whichever way it goes. The justices in Utah are all conservative but it's a very moderate court because of how judges are selected in Utah.
    Georgia - Dems picked up no seats, they just ghettoized themselves with a new map that makes the red suburban Atlanta districts less likely to flip this decade. The whole lawsuit was dumb.
    Alabama - Dems pick up 1 seat.
    Louisiana - I'm really torn on how this one pans out. The 5th circuit has had opportunities to pillow smother this lawsuit so far but hasn't, at the same time it's allowed the defendants to stall.
    Florida - Same thing as LA. No idea how this one shakes out. It's a very conservative state supreme court but the FL GOP is basically asking the FL Supreme Court to rule that the VRA is uncons utional.

End result - New York and NC should roughly cancel each other out, the Dems picked up 1 seat in AL, and there's 3 additional Dem lawsuits left unresolved. My guess is that between LA, FL and UT, the Dems pick up 1 additional seat, so all of the lawsuits and map changes from 2022 to 2024 will result in a total of 2 net Dem pickups.
    Too late on Utah and WI/FL.

It's either a net pickup of 1 or a wash depending on what you think of Don Davis's seat.

Thread Information