Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    married with 3 kids = incel
    a Trump supporter being critical of someone else for mooching off his parents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he got skewered by tulsi who was guest hosting for tucker

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    he got skewered by tulsi who was guest hosting for tucker
    Logged on to post the same thing.

he went on Fox expecting for Tulsi to lob him a few softballs and she decided to tear him a new asshole. That was brutal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Santos even his real last name?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he first ran for Congress in 2020, Santos, who appears to have suffered from financial trouble for much of his adult life, filed disclosures listing no assets and a salary of $55,000, which he earned as a vice president at LinkBridge Investors, a business development firm. But the filings from his most recent run suggest he came into sudden riches, making between $3.5 million and $11.5 million from a company he founded called the Devolder Organization in 2021. He loaned his campaign more than $700,000.

In a phone conversation with Semafor, Santos offered a short tick-tock of how he made his money that left certain key details unanswered.

At LinkBridge, he said, he worked in the so-called “capital introduction” industry, which typically brings together investors and hedge funds. He eventually left that job for Harbor City Capital, a Florida firm the Securities and Exchange Commission accused in April 2021 of running a $17 million Ponzi scheme. Santos was not charged in the fraud, and he says he departed in March, shortly before the company ran into legal trouble, in order to strike out on his own. He incorporated Devolder in May, a few weeks after the S.E.C. filed suit against Harbor City.
    Santos said that Devolder was also in the capital introduction business, including “deal building” and “specialty consulting” for “high net worth individuals.”

As an example of his work, he said a client might want to sell a plane or a boat. “I'm not going to go list it and broker it,” he said. “What I will do is I will go look out there within my Rolodex and be like: ‘Hey, are you looking for a plane?’ ‘Are you looking for a boat?’ I just put that feeler out there.” He said he had a network of wealthy investors, family offices, “ins utions” and endowments that included about 15,000 people. Within the first six months of starting Devolder, he said he “landed a couple of million-dollar contracts.”

“If you’re looking at a $20 million yacht, my referral fee there can be anywhere between $200,000 and $400,000,” he said.

Santos did not respond to follow-up questions asking what the million-dollar contracts entailed, or if he could share the names of previous clients from his business.

Devolder was dissolved in September 2022 after failing to file an annual report. Given that timing, Rep.-elect Dan Goldman, D-N.Y., has raised the question of whether it was created merely to funnel illegal campaign donations.
    https://www.semafor.com/article/12/2...ain-his-wealth

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And yet we all know he’s going to serve his term, because Republicans are feckless cowards who won’t hold their own accountable. They’ll fake skewer him in the media, give him a public spanking, and then say “no need to remove him, he learned his lesson” etc

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    His explanations make no sense at all.

When rich people go to sell their plane/boat, they'll hire a broker. They won't give 1-2% of the sale price to some fat uneducated fudge packing be@ner for not doing any work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incredible

in fairness to him, it can be tricky to thread that needle... some of the hardcore christian conservatives like qrissy will love israel but hate jewish people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jew-ish holy that's hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its getting worse

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yes

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    "I'm the son of a black man"

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...holy , he actually posted that?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ...holy , he actually posted that?
    Yes.

Then he claimed to half black when someone called him out for it

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    this clown played every card he could find, even ones from other hands he didn't own. Gay, biracial, probably handicapped and war hero who protested the same war. He's everything the US needs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nassau County DA Anne Donnelly, a fellow Republican, is also looking into the matter and said Wednesday:

"The numerous fabrications and inconsistencies associated with Congressman-Elect Santos are nothing short of stunning. The residents of Nassau County and other parts of the 3rd District must have an honest and accountable representative in Congress. No one is above the law and if a crime was committed in this county, we will prosecute it."

But Congressional experts say if Santos does not resign, very little stands in the way of him being sworn in as scheduled on Jan. 3. "Once someone is sworn in as a member, really, the only standard that the Cons ution has set is that two-thirds of the House must agree in the case of an expulsion," said Michael Thorning, director of structural democracy for the Bipartisan Policy Center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh is his name legit? Next up he stole somebody’s iden y

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well hopefully he’s voted out in 2024, as he won’t face any other real consequences for any of this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nassau County DA Anne Donnelly, a fellow Republican, is also looking into the matter and said Wednesday:

"The numerous fabrications and inconsistencies associated with Congressman-Elect Santos are nothing short of stunning. The residents of Nassau County and other parts of the 3rd District must have an honest and accountable representative in Congress. No one is above the law and if a crime was committed in this county, we will prosecute it."

But Congressional experts say if Santos does not resign, very little stands in the way of him being sworn in as scheduled on Jan. 3. "Once someone is sworn in as a member, really, the only standard that the Cons ution has set is that two-thirds of the House must agree in the case of an expulsion," said Michael Thorning, director of structural democracy for the Bipartisan Policy Center.
    Dishonesty is a scandal for Democrats when revealed, but for Republicans it's little more than a background assumption.

Looks like Santos will brazen it out. Republicans will need every vote in the House, so they'll keep him in the fold. Having a token gay could come in handy too.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yes he'll be in congress long enough to vote for McCarthy as speaker, but probably not very long after that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/28/n...6da227bfe59efe

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Well hopefully he’s voted out in 2024, as he won’t face any other real consequences for any of this
    He'll get primaried out if he makes it that long, the 3 other Long Island GOP house reps don't want to be sharing headlines with him during election season in 2024 and NY GOP will back a challenger.

Suozzi and Kathleen Rice were two of the biggest piece of house Dems in the 117th Congress, but at this point I'd like them to run again since other Dems apparently have no way of winning Long Island.
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 12-29-2022 at 08:10 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In fairness, I think he just wanted to check all the boxes of iden y politics which seems to work in this era.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Logged on to post the same thing.

he went on Fox expecting for Tulsi to lob him a few softballs and she decided to tear him a new asshole. That was brutal.
    He went on there and dug an even bigger hole for himself, if that were possible

He can't really explain to the American people why him making the Goldman Sachs claim is not a really a lie because it would just go over our heads. So add condescending to the list of character flaws.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He went on there and dug an even bigger hole for himself, if that were possible

He can't really explain to the American people why him making the Goldman Sachs claim is not a really a lie because it would just go over our heads. So add condescending to the list of character flaws.
    Especially because his bio clearly said that he STARTED his career at Citi/Goldman, e.g., he claimed to have worked for Goldman/Citi in an investment banking role right after he graduated from the college that he didn't go to. It's just more dishonesty for him to try and claim "I indirectly worked for Goldman and Citi because of the work my actual employer did with them" is what he meant all along. He clearly wanted people to think that he was previously a W-2 employee of Citi and Goldman.

Even beyond that, knowing what I know about Goldman, it definitely wasn't working with some chop shop that had George Santos in a client facing role, so it's doubtful that he even "indirectly" worked for Goldman or Citi the way he's now claiming he did

Can't believe he went on TV and seriously claimed "I lied because the little people would be too stupid to understand a full explanation if I tried to give it"

Thread Information