Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    If Niner continues to choke this away....
    Can Cowgirl become #1 seed next weekend?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    In b4 Gould chokes again

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Crap... lame ending, tbh

Stidham with the bads but the left tackle needs to be shot or at least cut tomorrow... what a soft ass marshmallow slug.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    In b4 Gould chokes again
    not from 28, tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Epic game. I hope Stidham saves some of this magic for next week so it can help Buffalo
    No, they'll be tanking now that they lost, because they're officially eliminated.

So Raider Fan,
    Should Stidham have been in all year?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If Niner continues to choke this away....
    Can Cowgirl become #1 seed next weekend?
    Right, the Niners would need to lose at home to a horrible, no-QB, 4-12 Arizona for the Cowboys to get the #1 seed (along with Philly losing at home to the Giants who have nothing to play for). Very unlikely.

Also almost certain that either the Niners or Cowboys will be hosting Green Bay in the first round. Bet you can't guess which one Rodgers and the Packers organization are hoping for?
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 01-01-2023 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Bq

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Minnesota essentially locked into the three seed even though they'll beat the tanking Bears next weekend. All 4 of Minnesota's losses have come within the NFC, and they lose the tiebreaker with every other possible team. As it should be, because they're a mediocre team that has been lucky but not good this season.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Niners/Raiders game is fire tbh
    Jared THE HOWITZER Stidham played really well

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Too bad the NFL will prolly have the Eagles, Niners, Vikings, and Cowgirls all play at the same time. Would be nice to have the option to sit everyone if the Niners got locked into the second seed.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Too bad the NFL will prolly have the Eagles, Niners, Vikings, and Cowgirls all play at the same time. Would be nice to have the option to sit everyone if the Niners got locked into the second seed.
    That's the way it should be.

Meaningless games for both teams go first

Then the games that are meaningful for at least one side

Then you pick a game for sunday night if there's one that's equally or at least close to equally meaningful for both sides. Can't have a one sided show like the horrible SNF flex in 2020 where one side was playing to win and get in and the other side was clearly and obviously tanking for a draft pick. Better off doing it like 2017 and having no SNF game in that case if there's literally no choices.

In some years like 2016 there are mediocre choices and there are years like 2017 and 2020 where there are no good choices

I think everyone thinks that Detroit at Lambeau vs GB will be the SNF game next week but you've got to factor in that if the Seahawks win then Detroit is out and thus playing for nothing and it will be one sided. The only true win and in is ans/Jaguars which obviously are two low profile low ceiling teams from the worst division in football but at least it's a win and in.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jared THE HOWITZER Stidham played really well
    I don't get that reference

Stidham was good for a first outing, but they need to invest in better pass protection. He practically got killed every time he dropped back to throw. Their left tackle in particular was atrocious today.

Davante Adams was a big time hit for sure in 2022-23 and the Raiders would be stupid to ship him back off. The reason their ship sunk this year was poor coaching, poor defense and poor pass protection. Derek Carr was just fine and he was not part of the problem, but I suppose they'll scapegoat him.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That's the way it should be.

Meaningless games for both teams go first

Then the games that are meaningful for at least one side

Then you pick a game for sunday night if there's one that's equally or at least close to equally meaningful for both sides. Can't have a one sided show like the horrible SNF flex in 2020 where one side was playing to win and get in and the other side was clearly and obviously tanking for a draft pick. Better off doing it like 2017 and having no SNF game in that case if there's literally no choices.

In some years like 2016 there are mediocre choices and there are years like 2017 and 2020 where there are no good choices

I think everyone thinks that Detroit at Lambeau vs GB will be the SNF game next week but you've got to factor in that if the Seahawks win then Detroit is out and thus playing for nothing and it will be one sided. The only true win and in is ans/Jaguars which obviously are two low profile low ceiling teams from the worst division in football but at least it's a win and in.
    I'm not disagreeing from a neutral standpoint. Just would be nice as a Niner fan to get the starters some rest.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I don't get that reference

Stidham was good for a first outing, but they need to invest in better pass protection. He practically got killed every time he dropped back to throw. Their left tackle in particular was atrocious today.

Davante Adams was a big time hit for sure in 2022-23 and the Raiders would be stupid to ship him back off. The reason their ship sunk this year was poor coaching, poor defense and poor pass protection. Derek Carr was just fine and he was not part of the problem, but I suppose they'll scapegoat him.
    I’m referring to THE HOWITZER in between his legs

Harbaugh and OC Greg Roman are the most pathetic closers in a lonnng time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’m referring to THE HOWITZER in between his legs

I remember there was a similar pic from around 11-12 years ago that floated around ST with Serge Ibaka and it was roughly twice as big as that guy's though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm not disagreeing from a neutral standpoint. Just would be nice as a Niner fan to get the starters some rest.
    Go win your conference outright then. Don't lose to the worst team in the conference (the Bears). Don't lose to lowly Denver and Struggle Wilson. Don't lose to QB-less Atlanta. Don't give up 44 at home against Mahomes. If you want a late bye you've got to earn it early. Can't play down to inferior compe ion early.

Stinking up September matters.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Harbaugh and OC Greg Roman are the most pathetic closers in a lonnng time.
    Nah.

More like Mike Tomlin is like that late winter bronchitis that you can't seem to get rid of or kill no matter what you throw at it.

Mike. Tomlin. Always. Just. Keeps. Coming.

9-8 and keeping the above .500 streak alive with by far the worst team and worst cir stances he's had. He should be a COTY candidate even though he won't because 9-8 isn't good enough to win that award, playoffs or not.

Yah.
    Merely needing to eat clock at worst and score a FG or TD at best, their final drives before the desperation...

4 out
    3 out
    3 out

That was suck ass O and playcalling, not some Tomlin greatness or otherworldly D.

Ravens lead the NFL in choked off large 4th qtr deficits.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Go win your conference outright then. Don't lose to the worst team in the conference (the Bears). Don't lose to lowly Denver and Struggle Wilson. Don't lose to QB-less Atlanta. Don't give up 44 at home against Mahomes. If you want a late bye you've got to earn it early. Can't play down to inferior compe ion early.

Stinking up September matters.
    I get that. I'm saying if they know their seeding before the game they can opt to sit players.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I get that. I'm saying if they know their seeding before the game they can opt to sit players.
    Sitting guys is rarely a winning strategy long term... you need to be playing your best football going into the playoffs, not limp in.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ravens lead the NFL in choked off large 4th qtr deficits.
    No they don't pretty sure teams like the Colts, Falcons and others would beg to dream and differ, but I'll let you have your five minutes of fun.

But as for the bad offense, that's what happens I guess when you have a bad QB situation in which your QB1 is run-first and super injury prone and regularly misses time and you have to rely on your defense week in and week out.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sitting guys is rarely a winning strategy long term... you need to be playing your best football going into the playoffs, not limp in.
    Niners have won 9 in a row tbh.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Daboll says Giants won't be resting starters. tbh may not be a bad idea to play the game out even if they are locked in at the 6 seed if they want to really get on a roll. They're obviously going to be a Wild Card team who will be playing all road games. And beating the current #1 seed on the road, in somewhat of a tune up game, will give them lots of momentum as opposed to just backpedaling in

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Thread Information