Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    No they don't pretty sure teams like the Colts, Falcons and others would beg to dream and differ, but I'll let you have your five minutes of fun.

I'd arrange to collect from you but probably you'll just welsh.

This was after only 6 games:

4 Quarters — Ravens - Giants What Learned in Week 6 - Sports Illustrated Baltimore Ravens News, Analysis and More

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Daboll says Giants won't be resting starters. tbh may not be a bad idea to play the game out even if they are locked in at the 6 seed if they want to really get on a roll. They're obviously going to be a Wild Card team who will be playing all road games. And beating the current #1 seed on the road, in somewhat of a tune up game, will give them lots of momentum as opposed to just backpedaling in
    Plus, other than Barkley, pretty much the entire team is replaceable in case of injury. It’s truly a remarkable coaching job despite the lack of talent

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Daboll says Giants won't be resting starters. tbh may not be a bad idea to play the game out even if they are locked in at the 6 seed if they want to really get on a roll. They're obviously going to be a Wild Card team who will be playing all road games. And beating the current #1 seed on the road, in somewhat of a tune up game, will give them lots of momentum as opposed to just backpedaling in
    Unless GB gets on a big roll and takes out some top contenders... wouldn't be impossible, tbh, especially if one of those is at South Lambeau, also known as Jerryworld...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Daboll says Giants won't be resting starters. tbh may not be a bad idea to play the game out even if they are locked in at the 6 seed if they want to really get on a roll. will give them lots of momentum as opposed to just backpedaling in
    Yeah agreed, that's my theory as well, and the Giants did that in the last game of the season vs the Patriots in 2007 just before the NFL went to mandatory intra-division scheduling I believe the next year. The Giants had nothing to play for, nothing to gain or lose by winning or losing as they were locked into the #5 seed, but just barely lost that game and it would propel them to that unlikely championship.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Niners have won 9 in a row tbh.
    right, and making it 13 in a row would be nice. Losing at home against AZ would be a stink pot heading into the playoffs and guys would lose their confidence.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Yeah agreed, that's my theory as well, and the Giants did that in the last game of the season vs the Patriots in 2007 just before the NFL went to mandatory intra-division scheduling I believe the next year. The Giants had nothing to play for, nothing to gain or lose by winning or losing as they were locked into the #5 seed, but just barely lost that game and it would propel them to that unlikely championship.
    They also ruined he Redskins playoff chances in Week 17 of 2016 when they were locked into the 5th seed there as well.

Buffalo can get much closer to the clinch tonight. Would not rely at Harbaugh - Romaine at all in final week 18 Cinci vs Baltimore:

"On Sunday, Baltimore scored only three second-half points off a 51-yard Justin Tucker field goal with 9:31 left in the third quarter. Its final four drives went for a combined 44 yards."

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Unless GB gets on a big roll and takes out some top contenders... wouldn't be impossible, tbh, especially if one of those is at South Lambeau, also known as Jerryworld...
    The consensus among Cowboy fans this season has been interesting. There are plenty that think it will just be the same old, same old in the playoffs and on the other hand, you have the other half that think things will be different and that Dak has taken the 'next step'. It's practically 50/50 between the blind homers (I'm not worried about Philadelphia!) and suicidal ones like myself (first round exit here we come!)

Basically the fanbase is split down the middle with each side believing one extreme....just like pussyface described in the original "Viability of Suicide" thread imo

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    The funny thing is that Dallas is going to either be the 5 seed and play Tom Brady ( who has never lost to them) or likely get the 2 seed and have to face Aaron Rodgers again

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Scheduling the Hawks before the Lions-Packers seems... interesting.

A Hawks W against the Rams will mean the Lions have exactly nothing riding on the game. And a Packers W would actually knock the Hawks outta the final spot.

Wasn't avoiding a scenario like this the entire reason behind not setting week 18 kickoff times until the final week?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

A Hawks W against the Rams will mean the Lions have exactly nothing riding on the game. And a Packers W would actually knock the Hawks outta the final spot.

Wasn't avoiding a scenario like this the entire reason behind not setting week 18 kickoff times until the final week?
    This is the Dan Campbell Hard Knocks Lions who started 1-6 and will play their hearts out to finish with a winning record and a chance to eliminate/sweep GB, imo.

They’ve only had 2 real stinkers on the year (@NE and @Car), and 5 of the other 6 losses were by four points or less

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

This is the Dan Campbell Hard Knocks Lions who started 1-6 and will play their hearts out to finish with a winning record and a chance to eliminate/sweep GB, imo.

They’ve only had 2 real stinkers on the year (@NE and @Car), and 5 of the other 6 losses were by four points or less
    Also, Lambeau being the last game of the regular season (on SNF to boot) with national audience and Aaron Godgers win and in to make the playoffs is too big of a media draw for them to pass up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They also ruined he Redskins playoff chances in Week 17 of 2016 when they were locked into the 5th seed there as well.
    Yup I remember that one as well. OBJ finally getting his "revenge" on Josh Norman.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    It’s 03:04 here and I’ve tried but can’t stay awake. Hope I don’t wake up to a debacle

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Oh , did Hamlin actually die on the field?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It’s 03:04 here and I’ve tried but can’t stay awake. Hope I don’t wake up to a debacle
    Welp

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    all the dumbasses that say that the NFL has gotten soft. It hasn't got soft enough. Everything other than arm tackles should be banned from the sport. No shoulder hits, no wrestling type body slams to the ground. Leave that barbaric for prehistoric civilization. You wanna know why the NFL isn't as popular as you think it should be? Because of this dumb ass .

Sorry for the emotional rant, but I can't deal with stupidity no more.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Oh , did Hamlin actually die on the field?
    looked like a Shazier type of fluke injury

Hopefully he can walk again like Shazier did after a year or so

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    all the dumbasses that say that the NFL has gotten soft. It hasn't got soft enough. Everything other than arm tackles should be banned from the sport. No shoulder hits, no wrestling type body slams to the ground. Leave that barbaric for prehistoric civilization. You wanna know why the NFL isn't as popular as you think it should be? Because of this dumb ass .

Sorry for the emotional rant, but I can't deal with stupidity no more.
    Did your sister just ask you if she could borrow your last tampon? Tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Doesn't look like a spinal injury, dude might've literally torn his aorta.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Did your sister just ask you if she could borrow your last tampon? Tbh.
    If you watch the NFL for the "hits" instead of a great throw and catch, you are a dumb neanderthal. Simple as that.
    Last edited by DAF86; 01-02-2023 at 09:38 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Doesn’t seem like a spine injury, seems like it was a really bad concussion that potentially caused cardiac arrest (which I didn’t even know was possible)

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    They should postpone the game

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    They should postpone the game
    Yep

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers