Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not sure I could handle them choking in the SB again, especially with the SB loser curse.

Hurts is coming off injury

Spread is 14
    Can't imagine Philly rushing Hurts back over a seeding issue but....

This is where i wish coaching staffs and ultimately Head Coaches would have the backup warmed up and ready to go.
    This archaic NFL (and most big NCAA) that the starting QB just has to stay in the whole game or until it's wayy too late to make a comeback....
    Many a game blown by this.

If Hurts is hampered enough to be a net negative, get the backup in ASAP.
    However......
    I did not watch it, did Minshew blow balls in the 4th qtr vs New Orleans?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not sure I could handle them choking in the SB again, especially with the SB loser curse.
    Interesting point about the loser curse. Wouldn't winning with a 3rd string Mr.Irrevelant be too good to be true?

The Defense is better than 2019 with better offensive weapons though. And I think the AFC is weaker.

I'm expecting a 3rd heartbreak but just enjoying the ride. Tbh I cried after Ravens and no 49er loss will ever hurt as much.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Can't imagine Philly rushing Hurts back over a seeding issue but....

This is where i wish coaching staffs and ultimately Head Coaches would have the backup warmed up and ready to go.
    This archaic NFL (and most big NCAA) that the starting QB just has to stay in the whole game or until it's wayy too late to make a comeback....
    Many a game blown by this.

If Hurts is hampered enough to be a net negative, get the backup in ASAP.
    However......
    I did not watch it, did Minshew blow balls in the 4th qtr vs New Orleans?
    You probably know them better than I do. In my experience when a team dominates the top seed for an entire season and loses it late (especially now with the BYE or nothing setup) they are toast in the Playoffs.

Eagles badly need that #1 seed and Bye

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Interesting point about the loser curse. Wouldn't winning with a 3rd string Mr.Irrevelant be too good to be true?

The Defense is better than 2019 with better offensive weapons though. And I think the AFC is weaker.

I'm expecting a 3rd heartbreak but just enjoying the ride. Tbh I cried after Ravens and no 49er loss will ever hurt as much.
    If the GOAT can be drafted in the 6th round I don't see why the last pick can't be a SB-winning QB tbh. Besides, Purdy > Jimmy Crap imo.

MoneyLine
    Eagles 1st half
    49ers 1st half
    Georgia game

Won't know who the f is playing hard or not after halftime, thus the 1/2 game bets.

Today propped Mahomes over 14 rushing. Easy.
    Lost the Over after the Chiefs and the Raiders were tanking re s for the entire last 8 minutes. Find it hard to believe Stidwel is that bad. Couple throws looked very tanky. Even Mahomes took what looked like a tank sack.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    You probably know them better than I do. In my experience when a team dominates the top seed for an entire season and loses it late (especially now with the BYE or nothing setup) they are toast in the Playoffs.

Eagles badly need that #1 seed and Bye
    Yep. One of the teams I remember the most who fit that mold was the 2008 Giants. Coming off a SB win, they had the most impressive stretch to start the season, going something like 11-1 against a brutal schedule. Then Plaxico shot himself and Steve Smith tore his knee. They finished 12-4 and floundered in the playoffs vs. the Eagles.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    2007 Cowboys too were similar to the 08 Giants. Started out 11-1 blowing out many teams and only loss to the 18-1 Patriots. They just beat GB to pretty much ensure a #1 seed, and afterwards the typical "We Dem Boyz!" Cowboys en lement set in and I'm sure they spent every night thereafter ooga boogaing in Deep Ellum/Uptown knowing that a Super Bowl appearance was virtually a lock. After starting 11-1, they went 2-2 with the two wins being close games against bad teams. And then of course, lose at home to the Giants their first playoff game. That was the first year after Parcells left along with all the grittiness and discipline he had built up. IMO this was the first of the many late season Cowboys' collapses to come after ...

The whole idea of the Cowboys franchise being a circus and choking in the playoffs was never really a thing until after this season tbh there was still some mystique left over from the 90s and everybody was confident they were 'back' after getting the 1 seed

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    rofl Giants resting starters after all...Tampa just got a first round bye tbh imho

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    rofl Giants resting starters after all...Tampa just got a first round bye tbh imho

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Good chance we get Bills-Pats and Bengals-Ravens on the first round of the PO, too. I don't know if that's good or bad, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Bills Kick Off return TD in tight 2nd Half

Pats kickoff coverage.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Bengals right now

vs Ravens
    @ Bills
    @ Chiefs

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Got that #1 pick.

Time to start fielding calls and secure that big haul from a qb desperate team.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dem Girls ready for the postseason tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Eagles up Double-Digits on Giants now early

#2 Seed for 49ers it is

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Eagles up Double-Digits on Giants now early

#2 Seed for 49ers it is
    Could see them losing today and being #3 tbh. Might be the easier path too; Giants are an easier opponent than the Packers, Seacucks, or Lions imo.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Just run up tempo you morons.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Could see them losing today and being #3 tbh. Might be the easier path too; Giants are an easier opponent than the Packers, Seacucks, or Lions imo.
    Yes it's interesting trade off but I don't want to go into Minnesota. Hosting them is significant change in odds IMO

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yes it's interesting trade off but I don't want to go into Minnesota. Hosting them is significant change in odds IMO
    Minnesota is ripe to lose in the first round tbh. Niners will host at least two postseason games regardless of being the 2 or 3 seed imo.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dak is ready!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Moore is so dumb sometimes. Your line sucks, run hurry up more.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Minnesota is ripe to lose in the first round tbh. Niners will host at least two postseason games regardless of being the 2 or 3 seed imo.
    Yall losing to Lucky Tom in the PO's either way, tbh.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Da Bears out tank the Texans!

Thread Information