Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Give it to me SpursTalk.

Current draft position vs ____

1 Texans at 5 Colts. Texans can lock up #1 with a loss, but do they have a player they absolutely want. Colts can move up in the draft

2 Bears at Vikings (can they move up in Winning seeding?). Bears have plenty of reason to tank to secure #1. Do the Vikings have anything to play for?

3. Cardinals at 49ers. Should we go huge on 9ers? Do they want to / can they move up in the event the Eagles lose? Or are they resting?

4. Broncos hosting Chargers. With new coach they certainly looked better vs KC last week and actually led for a while. Do Bolts need to win?

CBS used to do that Every Possibility for Every Team but I'm not seeing it.
    If one of you guys sees a page, please post it.

Found a partial list for NFC scenarios.
    NFC playoff-clinching scenarios for Week 18 of 2022 NFL season

49's and Eagles game starts at the same time. Eagles win = #1 seed. Eagles loss / 9ers win = 49ers #1 seed.
    If Eagles are cruising to win, might SF back off and rest in the 2nd half?

I'm leaning towards bet large on 49ers 1st half only.
    Reaction?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Found a partial list for NFC scenarios.
    NFC playoff-clinching scenarios for Week 18 of 2022 NFL season

49's and Eagles game starts at the same time. Eagles win = #1 seed. Eagles loss / 9ers win = 49ers #1 seed.
    If Eagles are cruising to win, might SF back off and rest in the 2nd half?

I'm leaning towards bet large on 49ers 1st half only.
    Reaction?
    Depends on what happens in the Vikings game imo.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Any news on when Bills-Bengals will be resumed?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Any news on when Bills-Bengals will be resumed?
    Prolly won't be imo. They'll just have a 16 week schedule.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah don't see how they could, and I am sure both teams are cool not resuming.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    How does that work with the seedings though?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How does that work with the seedings though?
    They'll use winning percentage iirc. Chiefs get the #1 seed as long as they win Sunday bruv, you can breath easy.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    They'll use winning percentage iirc.
    I figured, but kind of sucks sporting wise, tbh. I know sports come second in these cases, but still kind of unfair to have the #1 seed getting decided by this.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I figured, but kind of sucks sporting wise, tbh. I know sports come second in these cases, but still kind of unfair to have the #1 seed getting decided by this.
    If the Chiefs/Bills meet in the AFCCG they might play it at a neutral site so there's that.

If the Chiefs/Bills meet in the AFCCG they might play it at a neutral site so there's that.
    Somewhat of a concession but man, the Bills earned the chance to potentially host.
    For that matter even Joey Burrow had a chance to be #1 or #2 seed. Now they most likely be stuck at 4.

Chiefs definitely benefit.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Somewhat of a concession but man, the Bills earned the chance to potentially host.
    For that matter even Joey Burrow had a chance to be #1 or #2 seed. Now they most likely be stuck at 4.

Chiefs definitely benefit.
    Then the teams could agree to play the game next week, but they might not be willing to/able to if they can't go this week either.

Then the teams could agree to play the game next week, but they might not be willing to/able to if they can't go this week either.
    Not that i GAF about all the millionaires and billionaires.....but for some of the average Joe and Suzy Sixpacks who made travel plans, reserved work days off etc...
    All the restraunts, taxis etc who have plans for playoff game on X date in TheirTown.

Changing the dates to play the full schedule is going to be a huge domino effect.

No perfect solution to this one for sure. And if the Chiefs get #1 by default well then the Bills or Joey Burrow or any other AFC team will just have to nutt up and beat them at Arrowhead or at Nuetralville.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    The best solution possible to salvage the integrity of the compe ion is to push everything back for a week while the Bills and Bengals finish week 17 next sunday.

I know that the business side of things makes this pretty much impossible, so the best next thing, imho, would be:

-Play week 18 as planned.

-Postpone the playoffs one week while the Bengals and Bills finish off the season.

-The lost week is regained during the off week before the SB, so as to mantain the original date of the SB.

Depends on what happens in the Vikings game imo.
    Eagles win, Vikings win....
    Means 49ers have to win or lose 2 seed to MN?

Massive rain in Bay Area....

San Francisco 49ers | Latest News On San Francisco 49ers - SFGATE

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    NFL talking about adding an 8th seed to the AFC this year to make up for the Bills/Bengals game

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    NFL talking about adding an 8th seed to the AFC this year to make up for the Bills/Bengals game
    better than making them play it tbh imo

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Game has been officially canceled.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Bengals are biggest loser in all this

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bengals are biggest loser in all this
    if KC wins they are #1 and get the bye. Buffalo does pretty bad too. Raiders are in draft pick mode now that they're eliminated so expect Mahomes to deliver a comfortable W

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Buffalo got sucked by the league. Disgusting. Cincinnati fans should be pissed. Chiefs fans, too, because now if they play either Cincinnati or Buffalo in the playoffs it will be at a "neutral site" and likely some indoor rust belt area stadium near Buffalo to give their beloved BillyGoats the best possible chance.

Cincinnati was driving, up 7-3, likely to make it 14-3. At home. No way Cinci was losing that game. Buffalo should be the 3 seed and that's that.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Act like somebody today, Vegas. Make these playoffs interesting.

Same for Jax, it’d be nice to see some new blood in the playoffs with Lawrence and Herbert. Tennessee would be a waste of a playoff spot

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Act like somebody today, Vegas. Make these playoffs interesting.

Same for Jax, it’d be nice to see some new blood in the playoffs with Lawrence and Herbert. Tennessee would be a waste of a playoff spot
    Lions over Packers?

Thread Information