my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    I just started reading about this.

Good Lord what a mess of mistakes.
    There are times when one needs to shut up.
    So I will.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Reyna gonna look terrible after this. His son is a nepo baby and he wasn’t that great a player to begin with.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Reyna gonna look terrible after this. His son is a nepo baby and he wasn’t that great a player to begin with.
    Reyna’s mommy playing soccer mom on the international level.
    Crying for her baby boy. And helping her old best friend out by doing what?
    Mamma Reyna is a piece of work apparently.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    She looks like another Karen tbh

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    It was and still is a weird evolving story.
    And daddy Reyna running Austin FC which is very successful from an MLS standpoint.
    Is his job in danger because of his family stupidity? I’m sure all the Austin FC fans will chime in. *cue crickets*

Its a little league soccer tale on an international level.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    They need to update the AFA Logo to have 3 stars... I just noticed.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    It was and still is a weird evolving story.
    And daddy Reyna running Austin FC which is very successful from an MLS standpoint.
    Is his job in danger because of his family stupidity? I’m sure all the Austin FC fans will chime in. *cue crickets*

Its a little league soccer tale on an international level.
    Embarrassing for lots of folks obviously. Danielle Reyna largely the culprit here. Gio's career will go down the drain now.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Definately, as US soccer is all about nepotism. But let's be real, Gio is pretty good when thinking about the level of US Soccer tbh.

Berhalter was an idiot for his handling of Gio (especially snitching after the WC), but the Karen Reyna just embarrassed the entire federation and exposed the nepotism problem with everyone in USSF.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Definately, as US soccer is all about nepotism. But let's be real, Gio is pretty good when thinking about the level of US Soccer tbh.

Berhalter was an idiot for his handling of Gio (especially snitching after the WC), but the Karen Reyna just embarrassed the entire federation and exposed the nepotism problem with everyone in USSF.
    Have never seen Gio play, but the fact that he apologized to his teammates means he owned up to it, so that’s exactly why mommy Karen looks like a . Daddy Reyna is the real victim here, having to defend his wife, tbh

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Have never seen Gio play, but the fact that he apologized to his teammates means he owned up to it, so that’s exactly why mommy Karen looks like a . Daddy Reyna is the real victim here, having to defend his wife, tbh
    Apparently there was already animosity at the WC. Daddy and mommy road to the games in a separate bus than the Berkhalter family (the families "were" good friends). Daddy and Mommy complained to US officials at the WC. Gio had been injured so his status was not completely clear. Berkhalter was one of Gio's biggest backers early in his career saying one day he would be on the US team.
    Last edited by pgardn; 01-07-2023 at 08:21 PM.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

The snitching was giving some speech about leadership at a leadership conference and Gio's name was never mentioned. Berkhalter should have let somebody look at his talk BEFORE Berkhalter gave it as apparently it was pretty clear to some at the talk that Gio was used as an example but never named.

But the over all handling of what appears to be a very good young player is up for question. The kid was injured and coming back and then threw some sort of fit.

Its a very confusing situation. But what is clear is Mommy Reyna was way, way out of line. Which is why Berkhalter went public with kicking his wife (and supposedly Mommy Reyna's friend) way back in college when they were both young players. To head off mommy Reyna because she had already told US officials. Berkhalter has 4 kids and has been with his wife ever since. Mommy Reyna claims she was "helping an old friend"? Thats BS. Sounds like possible blackmail. Like "I will tell about your husband and you from way back unless you play my kid or... here is how I am going to help you out for not playing Gio"

In any event. They need to separate these people who know each other too well, the old buddies from way back, and get more professional
    people. I have some friends who live in Austin and go to the games (Austin FC) and they told me to read about all the crap as it kept evolving as still is. Timelines are fuzzy and we got some vindictive people who need to have nothing to do with US soccer it appears.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

Thread Information