Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet it wasn’t long into his NBA career when Robertson’s temper and destructive side began to surface. In the '86-87 preseason, he and teammate Walter Berry, the streetball player from New York, got into a heated argument that was part frightening and part comical. Frank Brickowski, the Spurs’ center, recalls returning to the Red Lion hotel to find Robertson and Berry squaring off.

"Walter starts talking s--t to Alvin, who told him to shut up," Brickowski said. "Walter kept talking, and Alvin put him on his back. Alvin let him up, then Walter pops Alvin in the eye. Everyone broke it up, but Alvin had a mouse under his eye. I thought it was over, and so I go take a shower.

"I hear a crash in the next room, hurry over there and Alvin and Walter are going at it again. It spills into the hallway, and somehow Walter grabs a butter knife. I think he got it from the housecleaning cart. He starts going after Alvin. He’s chasing him. I go, 'Walter, wait, that’s a butter knife. What the you gonna do with that?' Walter looks at it, tosses it aside and gets a fork."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...forgotten-spur

As said before things have changed- for the better
    Man this is ing hilarious

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had to guess, there’s a lot of different perspectives. I’m guessing from a female perspective when he does this there’s the fear of getting assaulted. From the perspective of the organization there’s the fear of million dollar lawsuits. For Primo, hard to say. I don’t think he necessarily meets criteria for any mental health issue. He could just be young, dumb, en led, and whatever else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question actually is (look at the thread le), will he return to the Spurs, and the answer is never. They already paid a settlement to the psychologist, admitting legal liability. If he were to return and do it again, it could financially ruin the franchise.
    Agreed totally with the spurs. We shouldn’t get him back. Just way too dangerous. But for the other teams? If he’s good enough, some desperate team will do it. We had the jailblazers, the hornets don’t care now, some team can actually think it gives them street cred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question actually is (look at the thread le), will he return to the Spurs, and the answer is never. They already paid a settlement to the psychologist, admitting legal liability. If he were to return and do it again, it could financially ruin the franchise.
    they did no such thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disturbing how some of y'all think whipping your out repeatedly isn't that big of a deal... and it's funny how stupid you have to be to think the spurs didn't nip this before more details came out.

and the organization would be seen as not giving a about women's safety in the workplace on top of it all, he's never coming back
    No one is saying this, or that he should be back (I dont think he should) and don't intentionnaly mischaracterize other people takes to make yourself more intellgent or virtuous... you should know calling other stupids will only make YOU look stupid...

It's just about just trying to put things in perspective, comparatively to what all is mentioned in this thread (gun threats, wife beating...). As far as we now, it's just that, a 19 yo. kid showing his D., and I don't feel if the "doc" really felt threatened or in danger, she would have let him do it 9 ing times... How about that? How about not just telling Primo stop doing it and try to talk to him about it, since, you know, that's kind of her job as a 40 something shrink dealing with a 19 yo. kid... And she could always leave.

Let's not tag a 19 young guy as some kind of ultimate criminal who doesn't deserve any mercy and shoud be wrapped in shame and despise for the rest of his life because he showed his ...Because yeah, it's obviously a mental thing...
    Last edited by JPB; 01-13-2023 at 02:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See my message above yours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This discussion is idiotic. If Primo returns, there's a very real chance it happens again (he admitted the conduct is related to childhood trauma, and that's not something you shrug off easily), the cost of it happening again grows exponentially (both in the PR hit for the franchise and damages), and all for the relatively low chance he becomes an average NBA player. Furthermore, anyone related to bringing back Primo would immediately lose their jobs and their careers, while no one would blame them if Primo signs elsewhere and ends up with a successful career (extremely unlikely IMO). So such a decision would be so idiotic, that if a given FO figure proposes it, should be fired on the spot for lack of judgment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See my message above yours.
    doesnt address it, really

arenas was a known commodity, an all nba/all star caliber player. primo was at best an unknown commodity who may or may not have become a good nba player one day. not a comparable situation when comparing whether a team would risk taking the PR hit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesnt address it, really

arenas was a known commodity, an all nba/all star caliber player. primo was at best an unknown commodity who may or may not have become a good nba player one day. not a comparable situation when comparing whether a team would risk taking the PR hit
    I was saying that bringing back a player because he’s good and not bringing back another because he’s not as good is not moral. The player’s level shouldn’t have anything to do with that. If the guy is guilty he’s banned, no matter his talent. Still, I know it happens, but don’t tell me that’s normal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was saying that bringing back a player because he’s good and not bringing back another because he’s not as good is not moral. The player’s level shouldn’t have anything to do with that. If the guy is guilty he’s banned, no matter his talent. Still, I know it happens, but don’t tell me that’s normal.

you're right about that but moral stops where businees (and social peace) starts in the NBA like most environments

If some white journey man would have supported an antisemitic do entary on his Twitter before backing it down in press conference and mentioning the most classic antisemitic cliché (secrets jewish organisations running the world), he would have been forever ousted from the NBA the very next few hours (few minutes if that was racism towards black people who were curiously silent during this whole thing)...

But if you're a 47M dollar black superstar called Kyrie Irving... a couple weeks of suspension, a little chat with Silver (who didn't want the year long, bad publicity that a legal battle Irving ban would have necessarly implied) and you're still in...

I mean, think about that... Irving litterally supported a clearly antisemtic do entary before doubling down publicly and he's still in the NBA...
    Tooks months long investigations to (rightfully) oust two owners for private act of racism towards black people... A little chat with the commisioner and Irving was back...
    Last edited by JPB; 01-13-2023 at 03:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it happens all the time and therefore is normal. doesnt mean its moral.

the niners gave up on kaepernick in part because he was a declining player. meanwhile the packers will look past any dumb rodgers says or does because he's a hall of famer.

pro sports teams are basically trying to make money by being marketable. part of that is winning. part of that is maintaining a marketable image. some teams will pass on better talent for "culture". and some teams will look past a player's baggage because he's producing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you ever sit around and think of the the crazy exes you dated for a short period of time?

Me neither. Already forgot this guy was even on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather just play with 4 men every game than have him. No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying it's OK to show your around, but let's not make Primo some major criminal. It's more a mental health than a criminal issue.

And would that psychologist had done her job, she would have told him to pull the monster back in the very first time and try to see what was obviously wrong here... And nobody would have heard about it.
    It’s a sex crime. Were he to be convicted or take a plea deal, he would have to register as a sex offender wherever he lives for the rest of his life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a sex crime. Were he to be convicted or take a plea deal, he would have to register as a sex offender wherever he lives for the rest of his life.
    Not that I think it changes what I think the Spurs should have done (I think they played this correctly), but I doubt Primo ever gets charged with anything. My guess is that BCSO is already done with their investigation and we'll never hear anything about this again.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    definitely. and kawhi will return, and Luka will return, after, we get wemby. cia pop
    I just want Paul George back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that I think it changes what I think the Spurs should have done (I think they played this correctly), but I doubt Primo ever gets charged with anything. My guess is that BCSO is already done with their investigation and we'll never hear anything about this again.
    Hence, the ‘If’.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy y'all think he's ever coming back to this league, dudes done and he's not good enough for any team to take a risk on.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy y'all think he's ever coming back to this league, dudes done and he's not good enough for any team to take a risk on.
    He'll be on someone's summer league team but won't be gifted a roster position like he was here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10852538[/URL]]He'll be on someone's summer league team but won't be gifted a roster position like he was here.
    I agree. The only team that won’t sign him is San Antonio for the PR nightmare it would create. He could go overseas for a year and come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flashing is also a gateway crime where the illness starts small, exposing yourself at first. But it can escalate to bigger crimes from there and Primo is young, and states this is a childhood affliction both making it more likely to continue being an issue. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Bring Primo back and what if he graduates from flashing women to decaptiating hookers in the trunk of his car or something. It's not limited to the flashing necessarily and it would be a huge risk to bring him back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line is that either Pop or Wright, or perhaps both, thought they had a young nephew in Primo. Thus the forcing him into the Point Forward position when most ppl here saw the folly in it. He could have *potentially* been successful as a wing or 3 and D. He never would have developed into what they reached for though and is likely why they probably felt relieved that they have been able to cut ties with him over his offcourt behavior. Someone above said it, but the last team that will pull him in would be the Spurs. They know they reached for him at this point and will never be what they thought they were sneakily drafting. But he ain't that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the front office screwed up royally picking the untalented pervert as a lotto pick
    what a screw up and waste by PATFO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #rentfree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pervert scrotum licker

Thread Information