Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should just take the L on this one and move on. I've been right on Sengun, Vassell, and most recently in my support for Romeo, and I'll be right on Ousmane Dieng being a stud, but I had to take the L on Samanic.

It's OK. And PATFO misused him too which likely screwed him over some too. But it's a bad look to keep up the militant stance that he was the right pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. The only team that won’t sign him is San Antonio for the PR nightmare it would create. He could go overseas for a year and come back.
    Agree with this, although who knows how welcoming other leagues would be to him at the moment - he may just need to lay low for a while but no way he ends up back in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this, although who knows how welcoming other leagues would be to him at the moment - he may just need to lay low for a while but no way he ends up back in SA.
    Another Scola thread if he pans out with another team. And it keeps haunting me how the PATFO was so high on him, drafting him against all pundits like the second coming of Kawhi. I don’t care about ST posters’ expertise of evaluating talent/skills vs PATFO. None of you have won 5 rings against prime Kobe/Shaq, LeBron and banana boat, and in a small market budget. So off about Sengun or whoever Spurs could’ve picked. Primo was the big swing that PATFO decided to make. I didn’t support it then like everybody else, but at least I’ve realized the reason behind. It was unfortunate what happened after, but it had nothing to do with the pick. I’m not here to pass judgement. It’s wrong but I’m rooting for Primo to get his things together, as a human being. He is 19 and has a whole future ahead of him. It would be nice if he could still find himself in Spurs uniform, but in any team would be great too.
    Last edited by John B; 01-15-2023 at 02:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol how mad are you that Noah Vonleh was cut before you could proclaim him a future star and another young core piece?!?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol how mad are you that Noah Vonleh was cut before you could proclaim him a future star and another young core piece?!?
    You miss me? You’re doing that one thing again……. Happy New Year��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You miss me? You’re doing that one thing again……. Happy New Year��
    I know calling a spade a spade my bad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know calling a spade a spade my bad
    Oh……ok The board is a better place because of your insight. Thanks KK the spade whisperer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is saying this, or that he should be back (I dont think he should) and don't intentionnaly mischaracterize other people takes to make yourself more intellgent or virtuous... you should know calling other stupids will only make YOU look stupid...

It's just about just trying to put things in perspective, comparatively to what all is mentioned in this thread (gun threats, wife beating...). As far as we now, it's just that, a 19 yo. kid showing his D., and I don't feel if the "doc" really felt threatened or in danger, she would have let him do it 9 ing times... How about that? How about not just telling Primo stop doing it and try to talk to him about it, since, you know, that's kind of her job as a 40 something shrink dealing with a 19 yo. kid... And she could always leave.

Let's not tag a 19 young guy as some kind of ultimate criminal who doesn't deserve any mercy and shoud be wrapped in shame and despise for the rest of his life because he showed his ...Because yeah, it's obviously a mental thing...
    don't give a about anything in that first sentence you typed

none of the crimes that the other mentioned people did is cool either, and they're not comparable. they're all past an obvious threshold of tolerance. pulling his out multiple times to multiple people comes with consequences, it's not like he's getting put on death row, jfc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't give a about anything in that first sentence you typed

none of the crimes that the other mentioned people did is cool either, and they're not comparable. they're all past an obvious threshold of tolerance. pulling his out multiple times to multiple people comes with consequences, it's not like he's getting put on death row, jfc
    Not multiple people, just one. No one else has shown up...

And I have no doubt you don't give a about being one of those few "tough" insulting, keyboard warriors in the forum. Guys like you was litterally why the ignore feature I'm gonna use right now was created. Thanks for it.
    Last edited by JPB; 01-19-2023 at 05:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not multiple people, just one. No one else has shown up...

And I have no doubt you don't give a about being one of those few "tough" insulting, keyboard warriors in the forum. Guys like you was litterally why the ignore feature I'm gonna use right now was created. Thanks for it.
    He was waived because of subsequent issues in Summer league and the coup de grace, in the hotel in Minneapolis the week he was waived. The Spurs investigated it, found it credible, and waived him at the end of the week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was waived because of subsequent issues in Summer league and the coup de grace, in the hotel in Minneapolis the week he was waived. The Spurs investigated it, found it credible, and waived him at the end of the week.
    Were those "issues" also related to flashing? I know the Minnesota thing was allegedly flashing related.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were those "issues" also related to flashing? I know the Minnesota thing was allegedly flashing related.
    Allegedly.

Flashing is never a one time thing. If you get away with it without consequence, you will continue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this ship has likely sailed, but getting Wembanyama does make me regret the Primo situation even more.

The front office was extremely high on Primo and even considered him to be a franchise player in the making. If he hadn’t done what he did and managed to live up to expectations, our starting lineup of the future would already be set:

PG - Primo
    SG - Vassell
    SF - Johnson
    PF - Sochan
    C - Wembanyama

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a way it definitely sucks that we couldn't see if Wright's gamble would've paid off - strictly talking about on the court here. But I'm also glad the Spurs don't have to try to teach a bad SG how to be a good PG while also developing a real franchise player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We saw plenty, and he wasn't anything special. Him turning out the way he did was a blessing in disguise, if not for that the FO might have tried to push him 4+ years before calling the quits. Find another project to invest time and resources in, plenty better than him to be had in the 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The front office was extremely high on Primo and even considered him to be a franchise player in the making. If he hadn’t done what he did and managed to live up to expectations, our starting lineup of the future would already be set
    In other news, if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. Only regret is not picking Trey Murphy or Sengun, but I'll consider Wemby a decent consolation prize

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this ship has likely sailed, but getting Wembanyama does make me regret the Primo situation even more.

The front office was extremely high on Primo and even considered him to be a franchise player in the making. If he hadn’t done what he did and managed to live up to expectations, our starting lineup of the future would already be set:

PG - Primo
    SG - Vassell
    SF - Johnson
    PF - Sochan
    C - Wembanyama
    womp womp

look, maybe with time primo would have become a good nba player. whether it was at PG/SG or a combo guard, who knows. maybe he still will be after he gets another shot. but he had no business being taken where he was, and in the limited time we saw him, i dont think he was above at any particular skill in the nba, whether it was agility, explosiveness, ball handling, passing, shooting, shot creation, penetration, finishing, man defense, or help defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PG - Primo
    SG - Vassell
    SF - Johnson
    PF - Sochan
    C - Wembanyama
    I really wonder what was meant by franchise player.
    PATFO have always been realistic in managing expectations. Did they think he'd be a good spokesperson and face as opposed to a transformative player on the court.
    A poor analogy, but like Sean, good player, but a great representative, or maybe more like Patty Mills
    Then again they where really high on DJ, pre knee injury. There was a lot of skepticism

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the GM wants to bring back a man who reportedly sexually harassed a woman 10 times, the GM was made aware of it, and he kept sending him back to his accuser over and over and over again.

In the national spotlight now, bring back the player, it brings back the story but what if it catches fire in the court of public opinion this time? Ccalls of “why didn’t they fire BW for enabling it? What else are they hiding?” Maybe public Pressure for email server scourings, the possibility of a Sean Payton email sitting in Pop or RC’s Inbox.
    No way SSE shoots themselves in the foot like that again.

Can’t just settle out of court with the sports media’s eye of Sauron or expect Scott Van Pelt not to try to rip the Spurs to shreds once it is profitable to report on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the GM wants to bring back a man who reportedly sexually harassed a woman 10 times, the GM was made aware of it, and he kept sending him back to his accuser over and over and over again.

In the national spotlight now, bring back the player, it brings back the story but what if it catches fire in the court of public opinion this time? Ccalls of “why didn’t they fire BW for enabling it? What else are they hiding?” Maybe public Pressure for email server scourings, the possibility of a Sean Payton email sitting in Pop or RC’s Inbox.
    No way SSE shoots themselves in the foot like that again.

Can’t just settle out of court with the sports media’s eye of Sauron or expect Scott Van Pelt not to try to rip the Spurs to shreds once it is profitable to report on.
    Agreed. I think it was to the Spurs' benefit that they were basically irrelevant when the story broke. If it was to blow up a second time, it would be career-ending to certain front office people. Josh Primo isn't good enough to take that risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man I'm glad we're done with the DeRozan/Forbes/Primo era. Those years were terrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is a perv and not good
    A huge mess and PATFO mistake

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to take the L on Samanic.
    Samanic clearly has NBA talent, but not chasing that turnover down doomed him. Nobody could reasonably have predicted that.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    womp womp

look, maybe with time primo would have become a good nba player. whether it was at PG/SG or a combo guard, who knows. maybe he still will be after he gets another shot. but he had no business being taken where he was, and in the limited time we saw him, i dont think he was above at any particular skill in the nba, whether it was agility, explosiveness, ball handling, passing, shooting, shot creation, penetration, finishing, man defense, or help defense
    What sucks is that Primo, had he developed into a good player, could have played in the backcourt with Sochan running point. It would have been a perfect fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do spursfans also think the GRIZ should run Morant out of town? because that's what you act like. just cuz slick lawyer accuses the GM of botching the scenario doesn't mean the spurs were at fault. Also being a flasher isn't some permanent stigma. Let the dude try therapy and work himself back into society. The primo we knew had to work hard to get to NBA speed and being out a year kills his momentum.

He won't be good when he comes back. So he won't come back. Primo stopped being a thing when we got wessley and weeslly wont be a thing when we get our next guard prospect either in FA, next draft or in a trade.

DREAM BIGGER WE ARE IN WEMBY LAND NOW

Thread Information