Caption this

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    "I have to poop"

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I haven’t done enough research for a full one round mock without just copying other mock drafts. Spent almost all my time looking into the QBs despite having every sense the raiders won’t take one

my top 12 mock draft, with no trades

1 - Panthers: Bryce Young. Best qb in the draft. Day 1 player. In the Wilson/mahomes style of play, just less physically gifted than frankly either

2 - Texans: Will Anderson. I had them going qb most of the way, but all the big media guys saying it’s very unlikely. They have another pick at 12 and can either take a qb there or move back up for another one. They take the sure thing edge player first.

3 - Cardinals: Paris Johnson. I think they really wanted to trade out of this pick but the league isn’t valuing the qbs as highly as once thought. Cards finally get OL help to support Kyler. Clean tackle prospect

4 - Colts: Will Levis. Most have stroud as qb2 but reason to believe colts brass are big believers in athletic profile at qb. Levis also fits their iden y of being run and play action heavy. He’s also more pro ready than Stroud imo having played for two separate NFL offensive coordinators in pro style offenses. Day 1 starter over minshew

5 - Seahawks: Jalen Carter - Arguably the best player in the draft. Seattle seems like a great environment to manage his off field issues. Carroll loves these kinds of opportunities and they get a young monster to help restore their defense

6 - Lions: Devon Witherspoon. Gonzalez has better measurable a but Witherspoon is the better prospect. Very skilled, versatile, loves to play with fire and physicality. Fits the lions need and iden y under Campbell

7 - Raiders: Pete Skoronski. While I would be pounding the table for Richardson, i don’t get the sense the raiders will do that. Skoronski is the best lineman in the draft but not the cleanest tackle. Think Brandon Scherff. A pretty safe, ground rule double type pick. The raiders do need interior OL help and he can wind up being the RT after a year or two as well

8 - Falcons - Tyree Wilson. I think QB is tempting but they are signaling confidence in Ridder and probably don’t rate these guys high enough to convince them otherwise. They’ve been completely retooling their defense but they need a good young edge across recently signed Calais Campbell

9 - Bears - Broderick Jones. They traded out of number 1 because they believe in Fields. They have acquired DJ Moore to be his #1, and they draft the best remaining LT prospect to keep him upright.

10 - Eagles: Nolan Smith. A lot of people are assuming they take Bijan, but their front office is pretty sharp. They know they will likely continue to hemorrhage defensive players year after year in free agency so they continue to stockpile at the edge. They don’t have a pressing need anywhere really.

11 - ans: Anthony Richardson. I think the timing sucks here, because Richardson being groomed to take over a role on an offense with AJB and Henry seems amazing. Buy Brown is gone, and it looks like Henry won’t be around long. But Tannehill is a of a role model for Richardson to try to model his game after to reign in some of his bad impulses. My favorite player in the draft finds a home.

12 - Texans: CJ Stroud. They thread the needle here. They get Anderson at #2 and still get the QB they probably like the most. I don’t think he starts day 1 and they probably want to ensure they have legit receiving talent before throwing him out there. But you are hoping he becomes more Joe Burrow and less Derek Carr as far as his ability to deal with pressure.
    no mock is perfect, but this wasnt too bad

hit Panthers getting Bryce
    hit Texans getting Anderson and Stroud (in different spots)
    hit Cardinals taking Paris Johnson
    hit Eagles taking Nolan Smith (at different spot)

had Colts taking a QB, just wrong one. same with bears going OL

i didnt think Carter would fall that far. kudos to the eagles man, their GM is the best in the business when it comes to trading and drafting. while i wanted the raiders to swing at qb, Richardson wasnt available. im glad they didnt reach for Christian Gonzalez. i expected them to go OL, but Wilson is a fine pick too. i would have preferred Carter at that spot, though

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    so many awful moves in this draft
    texans trade-up was egregious, and lions picks were just trash

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I like Levis but I always had the feeling he would fall. He will be a value pick for some team willing to develop him. Not a bad idea for Seattle here
    i was lukewarm on him as a top 10 pick. wouldnt have been mad due to positional value. but id love for the raiders to be able to snag him in the 2nd round. taking Tyree Wilson and Levis in the first has same vibes as getting Mack and Carr in 2014.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Most these teams that drafted QBs early will be drafting at the Top again. Over/Under 1 of them is still starting on his team in 5 years.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd like Roschon in the 4th or 5th if he is available. Can contribute immediately on special teams and take over rb2

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Most these teams that drafted QBs early will be drafting at the Top again. Over/Under 1 of them is still starting on his team in 5 years.
    i mean hit rates on QB is generally low. but better to take swings than not to take swings.

cardinals drafted josh rosen. didnt work out. 1 year later took kyler, who had been a big improvement (looks like he has personality issues that are stunting his development tbh)

you dont want to be the jaguars passing on mahomes/watson because you feel content with bortles. if qb has a 25% hit rate and you only draft 1 qb every 3-4 years, could be a loong time until you find the guy. if you draft one every 1-2 years, you'll probably find yours sooner

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dang it, pretty much everyone I wanted for the Cowboys on day 2 has already been picked and we're only 5 picks into day two.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    NFL with the most non woke moment in probably a decade at least playing the Trump anthem between the 2nd and 3rd round in KC. I guess catering to a more midwest / Missouri audience.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Eh. B- draft by the raiders.

I just fundamentally disagree with them not being aggressive with the top qbs. Would have loved a move up to take Richardson. But Texans gave such an absurd haul to AZ for freaking will anderson that it probably wasn’t feasible. Not moving up to grab Levis… they just seem oddly confident in Jimmy G and i don’t buy that vision

as far as actual picks, Tyree Wilson is fine (preferred Carter, but Raiders probably highly sensitive to a guy with a driving incident after Ruggs). Made sense to grab Mayer in a loaded TE class after dealing Waller.

But they had a stretch where 2 of their 3 picks (third rounder + two 4ths) went to a speed/gadget receiver and a backup qb in O’Connell. Just seemed like bizarre priorities given the state of the team. We should have left this draft with more than 1 corner and at least one interior OL so those seemed bizarre.

The player quality was mostly fine, just an overall approach i can’t get behind

Thread Information