Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Getting this puppy started up now

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Our first 3 picks need to be offensive line. G/C, G/C, and Swing LT. Then safety, then receiver

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I wanna know if the Texans wanted the #2 all along or if Louvie went rogue.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I think the Bears trade down. They aren't taking a QB and they can pick up assets from a team that has a hard on for Young. Ive seen a lot of rage posting from Houston fans about the Texans ing themselves out of the number one pick, but the gap between Young and Will Levis isn't wide. He's just as pro ready and might even wind up being a better pro than Young.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    But it really doesn't matter which QB Houston takes. Neither will save that team from the dumpster fire that is the front office and ownership.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think the Bears trade down. They aren't taking a QB and they can pick up assets from a team that has a hard on for Young. Ive seen a lot of rage posting from Houston fans about the Texans ing themselves out of the number one pick, but the gap between Young and Will Levis isn't wide. He's just as pro ready and might even wind up being a better pro than Young.
    You're not a little worried about the O KY runs? Jones definitely has processing issues despite having a great arm and speed.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    You're not a little worried about the O KY runs? Jones definitely has processing issues despite having a great arm and speed.
    Honestly, I don't feel like any of the QB's in this draft are home run hitters. I think Levis, Young and Stroud have flashed potential to be really good but as top five picks all are a bit of gamble. I like Levis for his size, quick release, pocket awareness and intelligence. He feels like Josh Allen lite. But I think for QB needy teams like the Texans, Colts, etc. any of the three are worth taking a chance on.

You guys think GA QB is toast in the pros?
    I see Drew Brees similarities, like the timing routes and throws.
    He's fast too.

But some linebacker is gonna cruch his ass. Until players like Tua, Young etc learn to give up on plays this injury stuff is going to continue.

To the point, can GA QB make it?

As good as GA was in the le game, I'm not among the masses blowing them after that lucky escape job by Ohio State kickers shank.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Honestly, I don't feel like any of the QB's in this draft are home run hitters. I think Levis, Young and Stroud have flashed potential to be really good but as top five picks all are a bit of gamble. I like Levis for his size, quick release, pocket awareness and intelligence. He feels like Josh Allen lite. But I think for QB needy teams like the Texans, Colts, etc. any of the three are worth taking a chance on.
    Not high on any of them myself tbh, but I agree Levis has the best chance. Honestly wouldn't shock me if all of them end up as career back-ups/journeymen or out of the league entirely by the end of their rookie contracts.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's fast too.

But some linebacker is gonna cruch his ass. Until players like Tua, Young etc learn to give up on plays this injury stuff is going to continue.

As good as GA was in the le game, I'm not among the masses blowing them after that lucky escape job by Ohio State kickers shank.
    He's too small. He would make a great slot receiver though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not high on any of them myself tbh, but I agree Levis has the best chance. Honestly wouldn't shock me if all of them end up as career back-ups/journeymen or out of the league entirely by the end of their rookie contracts.
    100 percent agreed. Young / Stroud seem like backup types, but you never know someone could pop up and have a Jalen Hurts type arc and get lucky. But I think Hurts goes the way of Lamar Jackson, RG3, Vince Young at some point too. 2022 is the high point for Hurts.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Or they can stand pat and pick BPA which is not quarterback this year just like last year.

Will Anderson is the next Myles Garrett / Von Miller / Micah Parsons imo.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's too small. He would make a great slot receiver though.
    Your mom is a great slot receiver.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Or they can stand pat and pick BPA which is not quarterback this year just like last year.

Will Anderson is the next Myles Garrett / Von Miller / Micah Parsons imo.
    Nah, trading to Colts makes too much sense.

Colts get to choose their guy and Bears get one of Anderson/Carter at the #4 spot plus additional picks to fill out our roster.

Poles would deserve to get fired for not trading this pick, imo.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    He's fast too.

I’m assuming your talking about Stetson Bennett….he will be a really good backup for some team. And I don’t mean that as a slight, having a quality backup that can cover for a game or two if your starter goes down is very important

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Nah, trading to Colts makes too much sense.

Colts get to choose their guy and Bears get one of Anderson/Carter at the #4 spot plus additional picks to fill out our roster.

Poles would deserve to get fired for not trading this pick, imo.
    Colts are the perfect trade back. Still will get one of Carter or Anderson and the extra cap. Good situation for the bears

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Your mom is a great slot receiver.
    She hasn’t been a good tight end for years tbh. That things pretty loose these days is the word on the street

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    She hasn’t been a good tight end for years tbh. That things pretty loose these days is the word on the street
    Ya think she's more like a right guard?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’m assuming your talking about Stetson Bennett….he will be a really good backup for some team. And I don’t mean that as a slight, having a quality backup that can cover for a game or two if your starter goes down is very important
    Best case scenario : Baker Mayfield
    Worst case scenario : Johnny Football

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    unless anybody trades ahead of the raiders, they should be able to take whoever is left between Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, and Will Levis. only houston/indy look like teams ahead of them slated to pick a QB. would take something like carolina/atlanta jumping ahead of 7 to throw that off

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I could see Carolina jumping up. Atlanta seems content to ride with ridder for another year. For whatever reason

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    well before the combine, i started noticing a lot of film guys on twitter saying richardson's tape is much better than his stats led on. combine performance was icing on the cake. he's going top 10. think this is a super interesting QB class at the top, which each guy being pretty darn unique.

i dont really watch college ball during the year, but i do go back and look at game cutups during draft season in years where i care enough to. will probably do more, but ive watched enough for some general thoughts

Young - checks literally every box... except size

Pros: Honestly... he does just about everything well. Pretty accurate (maybe not Stroud levels, but definitely a plus). S-tier anticipation and decision making. His elusiveness and improvisation is otherworldly. He doesnt pile up the rushing yards, but he looks like prime Russell Wilson as far as that ability goes. For a short qb, he has no problem attacking the middle of the field (something Wilson/Murray have struggled with). Solid arm strength too, maybe just below Wilson in that regard. Played in a pro style offense and didnt have weapons like Ruggs/Jeudy/Smith/Waddle the way Tua/Mac had.

Cons: He's small. That's the con. If he was 6'2, 208, he'd be the slam dunk #1 pick and probably would be just below the Luck/Lawrence tier of elite prospects. But he is not only short, but pretty thin, unlike Russell Wilson. Teams have to worry about whether all the traits above will show up given his stature, since he's not as dynamic a runner as a guy like Kyler.

Comp: Russell Wilson is an obvious one. Bryce doesn't have quite the same rushing volume, so you could say he's a smaller/weaker Mahomes

Stroud - is probably the easiest to project as a plug and play starter and hit the ground running

Pros: Very high level accuracy, mechanics, decision making, and prototypical size. While he didnt show much ability to improvise with his feet during his college career, he absolutely went off in his last game against Georgia, a borderline NFL caliber defense, and made play after play with his feet. If that's a part of his game... watch out. His decisiveness is also something that stands out. You basically never see him double hitch a throw. When he decides where he's going, its crisp, clean, and gets out.

Cons: Average arm strength. Played on a pretty loaded team with some insane weapons like Harrison Jr. Generally didnt show he was capable of making any kind of plays with his feet, and plain pocket passers without big arms aren't very sought after. From the sample games I've watched, I also don't know that he shows high end anticipation on his throws. He sorts waits for a guy to make his break and show open before releasing. Think that needs to speed up some in the pros.

Conclusion: Feels like the "safe" pick, and teams will determine how much his performance in the Georgia game matters to them vs the rest of his college career when it comes to his athletic upside. Best fit is probably something like the Raiders where he can step right in and take command of an offense that is "ready to go." Not sure if he's the guy that can elevate an offense from the ashes.

Comp: Depending on whether you buy the mobility upside, you are looking at either Carr/Cousins/Brady sytle of play, or potentially skewing more into Burrow territory as far as accuracy + mobility combo.

Levis - is the new "prototype" athlete at the position

Pros: Size. Absolute cannon arm. Very good mobility/running ability. Showed pretty well despite having to overcome a borderline dysfunctional offense around him. Played in a pro style offense and his last 2 offensive coordinators both previously coordinated NFL offenses, so there aren't concerns about his ability to pick up a complex offense and operate it. Checks the modern boxes of wanting the Josh Allen/Justin Herbert like size/athletic ability. For a guy with a cannon, he also shows the ability to throw with touch, which is kinda rare at the college level.

Cons: Inconsistent accuracy, poor "feel" in the pocket despite his athletic traits. He'll be 24 at the start of the season, so he's had the time/years to clean up his mechanics by now. Also was a low ADOT guy in college (which was also true of Herbert, to be fair).

Conclusion: Weird blend of a guy who is pro-ready in that he should know how to run an NFL offense, but also has that "project" feel because of his accuracy issues and lack of pocket awareness.

Comp: Carson Wentz. Remains to be seen if we are getting MVP caliber Wentz, or Colts/Commanders Wentz

Richardson - this is the fun one

Pros: Arguably the greatest athlete at the QB position we've ever seen. Look at the combine numbers for yourself. Absolute fire-hose of an arm. Some of the impressions I got were watching JaMarcus if he were actually a great athlete too. By all accounts a high character guy and hard worker. He basically had to carry Florida who did not have any good players on offense outside of Etienne. His pre-snap reads are quite good. Despite his insane mobility, he shows the willingness to stay in a collapsing pocket and deliver throws while getting hit. Had to also overcome a pretty rough/predictable scheme with a ton of heavy play action sets where his only reads were deep shots.

Cons: Woof. Obviously very raw/inexperienced. Only started 13 college games. Brutal accuracy numbers. Part of that is Florida had a ton of drops, part of that was an offensive scheme that didn't give him many "gimme" completions to pad his numbers. But part of it was just awful playground footwork. While he can escape/scramble plenty, when he tried to maneuver within the pocket, it was usually pretty ugly with sloppy footwork or trying to just "arm" the ball to the location, leading to most of his ugly throws and interceptions. Most concerning part is that on some of his throws where he misses or air-mailed it, there wasn't even necessarily anything wrong mechanically, so you cant pinpoint how to fix it. Have to hope those are flukes or just something that experience will correct. Generally, just maddeningly inconsistent. He'll have a play where he senses pressure, slides left, steps up, gets his feet planted correctly, and delivers an absolute dime 30 yards down the field, followed by a play where he moves around unnecessarily, has his feet pointing in different directions, and air-mails a wide open receiver on 3rd down.

Conclusion: Far and away the least "pro ready" QB in the group, but he also has some jaw-dropping reps (not including highlight reel athletic runs) where he puts it altogether, makes reads, makes efficient movement in the pocket, and throws perfect passes. He simply needs reps, having played very few games and thrown very few passes (less than Trubisky, even). Decision to take him will come down to a team that believes they can coach him up, and those who believe that teaching him to correct is awful footwork and mechanics (getting shoulders squared, etc), will alleviate most of his accuracy woes. A team that wants to play him early will really have to transform their offense. Basically look at rookie Lamar Jackson, rookie Jalen Hurts, sop re Justin Fields offenses.

Comp: Everybody will say Josh Allen (as a reason to believe his accuracy can improve with coaching). I think what you want to emulate is Jalen Hurts with a cannon. Daunte Culpepper is another strong comp. But if he is lazy, doesnt take well to coaching, you could just be looking at a faster JaMarcus Russell. His accuracy/inconsistency really looks that scary.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-08-2023 at 04:09 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    wowza. what a ing haul for a bears team that wasnt taking a qb anyway.

lol carolina. they get their qb of choice (im guessing Stroud even though i have Bryce QB1), but he's going to be surrounded by complete trash and now picks to help him out. basically what bears were doing with fields up until now

Thread Information