Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forum pretend sheriff
    I got his ass banned when he was Bonnerific and I can do it again if necessary.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep it up if you want to get ISP banned this time, head.
    sure pal, truth hurts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure pal, truth hurts?
    No, just tired of your fantasy .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, just tired of your fantasy .
    go yourself asshole -

keep lying that you did NOT defend the piece of cult daddy traitor of yours

FOR YEARS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    go yourself asshole -

keep lying that you did NOT defend the piece of cult daddy traitor of yours

FOR YEARS!
    I get that you are confused. I'm ready to agree to disagree and let it go at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got his ass banned when he was Bonnerific and I can do it again if necessary.
    Just like a true conservative. Free speech for all until your ass starts to get hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like a true conservative. Free speech for all until your ass starts to get hurt.
    off loser. It's ankle biters like you and Bonnerific that are too ing stupid to do anything but snipe at other posters. Every now and then why don't you actually try to bring a well thought out political post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we have already passed the point of no return. No amount of tax increases or "bipartisan" token budget cuts are going to stop the eventual economic train wreck. There are trillions of unfunded state and local unfunded pension obligations that the federal government will eventually cover. Unfunded social security obligations are the third rail of politics that no one is brave enough to touch. We now have no choice but to run trillions of annual deficits as far as the eye can see. It will reach a point where the only options to sell government debt will be either to offer astronomical interest or let the fed monetize it, eventually crashing the dollar. I honestly don't think there is a feasible solution at this point.
    We could probably postpone the inevitable by raising taxes massively from top to bottom, raising the social security age to 70, and telling the states and local governments that have underfunded their pension plans for years to suck it up and figure how to either fund them or default on their defined pension obligations. That would still just postpone the inevitable because the combination would crush GDP and make it impossible to "grow" out of it.
    What economic factors make you think the situation is dire like that? It's not like the government is having trouble selling debt. Also, raising taxes isn't the only solution to that.

I have a much bigger concern with the immediate recklessness of not raising the debt limit tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    off loser. It's ankle biters like you and Bonnerific that are too ing stupid to do anything but snipe at other posters. Every now and then why don't you actually try to bring a well thought out political post?
    It's just as fun to completely blow up what you think are well thought out posts and then watch you cry like you're doing now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just as fun to completely blow up what you think are well thought out posts and then watch you cry like you're doing now
    LOL @ Blake the faux intellectual that flatters himself that he can blow up anything besides his fat ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What economic factors make you think the situation is dire like that? It's not like the government is having trouble selling debt. Also, raising taxes isn't the only solution to that.

I have a much bigger concern with the immediate recklessness of not raising the debt limit tho.
    I'm not really concerned about the debt ceiling being raised. This happens over and over. Its the usual bull posturing by both sides and nothing substantial ever happens. Both parties are big spenders. Fix social security? What a joke. All politician one has to say is " my opponent wants to cut your social security" and politician 2 immediately responds "I pledge to never touch your social security". The issue is debt is growing faster than the economy. That is an unsustainable path and there will eventually be a tipping point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ Blake the faux intellectual that flatters himself that he can blow up anything besides his fat ass.
    you get blown up by many different posters in almost every faux intellectual thread you start. Then you cry. I'll give you the threads if you need them. : lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, Blake has nothing of substance to say about the topic. Just more butthurt ankle biting. "crying" LOL maybe tears of laughter at the forum cuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "There's nothing we can do about any of it, we're doomed"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "There's nothing we can do about any of it, we're doomed"

The big money has always been in personal income tax revenue. As for corporate taxes at any rate, it will just end up acting like a regressive personal tax. It becomes a cost of doing business that get passed directly down to the consumer of whatever product or service they produce, driving inflation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only big corporations/ultra rich people paid their fair share and we stopped spending 700+ billion dollars on the defense budget every year, problem solved. But too many dolts are duped into voting for politicians who support corporate interests over their own and are convinced that if the US didnt spend 10x more than the next 10 counties combined in defense spending we would become Poland overnight or something

Sadly this will never change, considering almost half the country thinks some fat orange trust fund nepo baby that craps in a golden toilet somehow represents working class interests

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big money has always been in personal income tax revenue. As for corporate taxes at any rate, it will just end up acting like a regressive personal tax. It becomes a cost of doing business that get passed directly down to the consumer of whatever product or service they produce, driving inflation.
    Back in US good old days, revenue was raised primarily from import taxes and tariffs (until like you said federal income tax began after 1913). Sure, consumer paid in the end but they made the choice of buying foreign made goods, if there was an option to buy similar US made goods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only big corporations/ultra rich people paid their fair share and we stopped spending 700+ billion dollars on the defense budget every year, problem solved. But too many dolts are duped into voting for politicians who support corporate interests over their own and are convinced that if the US didnt spend 10x more than the next 10 counties combined in defense spending we would become Poland overnight or something

Sadly this will never change, considering almost half the country thinks some fat orange trust fund nepo baby that craps in a golden toilet somehow represents working class interests
    Do you really believe that if General Mills taxes/cost of business went up 15% that the cost of your cheerios wouldn't go up 15%?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really believe that if General Mills taxes/cost of business went up 15% that the cost of your cheerios wouldn't go up 15%?
    It shouldnt. That's the problem. People like you are so against taxing corporations because of the fear of prices being raised yet the CEOs are still making billions of dollars and are completely unaffected by it. I also don't give a if Cheerios go up by 15% if the taxes taken from it actually serve a purpose. I guess your solution is just do nothing and let the big corps do what they want while they continue to outsource a lot of their labor regardless?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It shouldnt. That's the problem. People like you are so against taxing corporations because of the fear of prices being raised yet the CEOs are still making billions of dollars and are completely unaffected by it. I also don't give a if Cheerios go up by 15% if the taxes taken from it actually serve a purpose. I guess your solution is just do nothing and let the big corps do what they want while they continue to outsource a lot of their labor regardless?
    It has nothing to do with fear. I'm just pointing out the reality that corporate taxes end up being regressive personal tax because the cost of goods and services rises proportionally and hurts those least able to afford it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has nothing to do with fear. I'm just pointing out the reality that corporate taxes end up being regressive personal tax because the cost of goods and services rises proportionally and hurts those least able to afford it.
    Yeah except in your capitalist theory world there would still be breaking point where the Cheerios cost too much and nobody buys them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah except in your capitalist theory world there would still be breaking point where the Cheerios cost too much and nobody buys them.
    Yeah, but the cost of your lucky charms went up 15% too.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So prices went down when corporate rates were cut?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So prices went down when corporate rates were cut?
    More likely didn't rise as fast as they would have. Inflation is automatically baked in to our economy.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More likely didn't rise as fast as they would have. Inflation is automatically baked in to our economy.
    "most likely"?

Sounds like retro wishcasting.

Thread Information