Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jelly Belly's are miniature Mike and Ike's. And unless you're specifically ordering online, you're going to get a bunch of crappy flavors. I don't know of any normal store where I can get Jelly Bellys. Much less, get only flavors that I want. It's exactly why Starburst and Hairbo are the goats. Here's you ing four or five flavors. Even though I don't really like pineapple for Hairbo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Sorry...I finally got back to this. You're right...they don't have chocolate.
    I guess I should have been more specific in my OP. But to me, that's in the candy bar category even though it's not a candy bar.
    For me, the most underrated in the candy bar category is PayDay or Take5
    Take 5

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Jelly Belly's are miniature Mike and Ike's. And unless you're specifically ordering online, you're going to get a bunch of crappy flavors. I don't know of any normal store where I can get Jelly Bellys. Much less, get only flavors that I want. It's exactly why Starburst and Hairbo are the goats. Here's you ing four or five flavors. Even though I don't really like pineapple for Hairbo.
    The variety is exactly why I prefer Jelly Bellys. It's a different candy every time, and it's fun to guess as well as mix and match.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The variety is exactly why I prefer Jelly Bellys. It's a different candy every time, and it's fun to guess as well as mix and match.
    You're more adventurous than me. I know I like all flavors of Mike and Ike's and Starburst. And all of the Hairbo gummy bears except pineapple. But I'm usually eating more than one so it blends in.
    Jelly Belly throws some weird in there. I don't want to be eating a mixture of orange, lemon, and cotton candy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Until yesterday, I'd never bought any Haribo products besides the original gummy bears and the sour version (which I didn't think were great. Yesterday, they were out of original gummy bears so I bought something called, "Starmix". It's a combination of "All your favorites". There were a bunch of snakes in the package which were awesome...had more flavor than the regular gummy bears. Also, some kind of gummy cherries which were also good. The only downside was some random cola flavored gummies. They also had some of the regular bears stuck in there. I have to say that the superior worms and cherry things were enough to make this better than a pack of standard gummies. The worms and cherry things were tarter than anything in the regular gummy bears. I will continue to investigate the various Hairbo products.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Until yesterday, I'd never bought any Haribo products besides the original gummy bears and the sour version (which I didn't think were great. Yesterday, they were out of original gummy bears so I bought something called, "Starmix". It's a combination of "All your favorites". There were a bunch of snakes in the package which were awesome...had more flavor than the regular gummy bears. Also, some kind of gummy cherries which were also good. The only downside was some random cola flavored gummies. They also had some of the regular bears stuck in there. I have to say that the superior worms and cherry things were enough to make this better than a pack of standard gummies. The worms and cherry things were tarter than anything in the regular gummy bears. I will continue to investigate the various Hairbo products.
    You can get the worms and cherries separate. The worms are called Twin Snakes, and come with two stuck together: one sweet, one sour.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...y-5-oz/1930951

Here's the cherries

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...dy-5-oz/134262

I like the Happy Colas too, but the Fizzy Cola with the same sour coating the Sour Gummy Bears have is far superior. I don't see them that often though in stores.

https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-.../dp/B000EVT06K

I used to also really like the Haribo Colorado packs.

https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Color-.../dp/B000MBZGBA

Those were variety packs like Starmix but would come with some of their licorice candy too, and would have a few of the German flavor gummy bears you can't get in the US packs. I used to get them at World Market but no idea if they still carry them since now just use Amazon whenever I want German Haribo candy. The German gummy bears are less sweet so the fruit flavor is more pronounced and they have some flavors like black currant not in the US ones.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-31-2023 at 01:57 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Happy cherries are pretty ing good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You can get the worms and cherries separate. The worms are called Twin Snakes, and come with two stuck together: one sweet, one sour.

Here's the cherries

I like the Happy Colas too, but the Fizzy Cola with the same sour coating the Sour Gummy Bears have is far superior. I don't see them that often though in stores.

Those were variety packs like Starmix but would come with some of their licorice candy too, and would have a few of the German flavor gummy bears you can't get in the US packs. I used to get them at World Market but no idea if they still carry them since now just use Amazon whenever I want German Haribo candy. The German gummy bears are less sweet so the fruit flavor is more pronounced and they have some flavors like black currant not in the US ones.
    yeah...I was sure I could get it all separately. But at the Dollar General I go do, it's usually just the original, the sour, and this variety pack. I mean, it's not like I eat them all the time. But damn...you know a load about their products.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Here's the cherries

Happy cherries are pretty ing good.
    What they have down pat is the consistency. They're not to mushy and not too sticky. TBH, I think I'd rather have them less sweet and more tart. But not by virtue of coating them with citric acid powder. Plus please get rid of the pineapple ones. My favorites of the original pack are lemon and orange.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah...I was sure I could get it all separately. But at the Dollar General I go do, it's usually just the original, the sour, and this variety pack. I mean, it's not like I eat them all the time. But damn...you know a load about their products.
    Haribo has been my favorite candy since I was a little kid. Pretty much like everything they make other than the Sour Kicks, those suck.

What they have down pat is the consistency. They're not to mushy and not too sticky. TBH, I think I'd rather have them less sweet and more tart.
    Speaking of less sweet and more tart I finally tried some strawberry Kit Kat from the Japanese market and they taste so different from typical strawberry candy I'm used to from the US. It's got some sourness in it as opposed to just tasting like a sugar bomb. Pretty good, wish they made these in the US too since then they'd cost 1/3 the price. Though when I tried Pocky's strawberry (another Japanese candy brand) it tasted like typical strawberry candy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Haribo has been my favorite candy since I was a little kid. Pretty much like everything they make other than the Sour Kicks, those suck.

Speaking of less sweet and more tart I finally tried some strawberry Kit Kat from the Japanese market and they taste so different from typical strawberry candy I'm used to from the US. It's got some sourness in it as opposed to just tasting like a sugar bomb. Pretty good, wish they made these in the US too since then they'd cost 1/3 the price. Though when I tried Pocky's strawberry (another Japanese candy brand) it tasted like typical strawberry candy.
    Same...before they were widely available, my aunt would always bring me packs of them (she was a stewardess). Now they're all over the place. For a few weeks, the Dollar General near me seemed to have ed up they're pricing. They'd have the large Hairbo Goldbears priced for a dollar next to a bunch of other stuff that was about 1/4 of the net weight. Eventually, the replaced them with the smaller single pack and moved the large ones to where they should have been.

x2. There's a World Market next to a Half Priced books I sometimes go to. They have a bunch of imported stuff like the Japanese strawberry Kit Kats. They're great. Also, the Matcha Tea Kit Kats were surprisingly good. Sometimes, we'll buy the box of assorted Japanese candy but it's hit or miss. Half will be good and half will be just a little off.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Same...before they were widely available, my aunt would always bring me packs of them (she was a stewardess). Now they're all over the place. For a few weeks, the Dollar General near me seemed to have ed up they're pricing. They'd have the large Hairbo Goldbears priced for a dollar next to a bunch of other stuff that was about 1/4 of the net weight. Eventually, the replaced them with the smaller single pack and moved the large ones to where they should have been.

x2. There's a World Market next to a Half Priced books I sometimes go to. They have a bunch of imported stuff like the Japanese strawberry Kit Kats. They're great. Also, the Matcha Tea Kit Kats were surprisingly good. Sometimes, we'll buy the box of assorted Japanese candy but it's hit or miss. Half will be good and half will be just a little off.
    I lived in Frankfurt from 82-84 and got spoiled on Haribo

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don’t like that white stuff the put on the other side.

Thread Information