Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Sacramento pursuing Thybulle from Philly for perimeter defensive help I wonder if they could be a potential landing spot for Richardson? He plays D and isn't a liability on the offensive end...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, it will be interesting to see what happens once one contender makes a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the Spurs going to get for Keldon that it makes sense to move him? Moving DJM made sense because he was giong to get overpaid and we needed to tank. That doesn't apply to Keldon and he's a very good player on a very reasonable contract with his best years ahead of him. Unless the Spurs are getting a noticeable upgrade talentwise whats the point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the Spurs going to get for Keldon that it makes sense to move him? Moving DJM made sense because he was giong to get overpaid and we needed to tank. That doesn't apply to Keldon and he's a very good player on a very reasonable contract with his best years ahead of him. Unless the Spurs are getting a noticeable upgrade talentwise whats the point?
    The point is over the bolded portion, which is debatable.

I actually like Keldon, but I think he's a modern Alvin Robertson for our team. Appears to be a good part of our young core, but in honesty can be moved for the right complementary piece once our true superstar arrives. I see the way we traded Alvin for Terry mings as a good example of what we could potentially do.

With that said, we certainly don't HAVE to trade him. I like the idea of packaging Keldon and Devin for an upgraded wing scorer like Mathurin or Ivey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they do that BOS trade for Jakob I kinda like the idea of getting Pritchard back. Tre’s injury reminds me how fragile we are at pg.

Gallo, Pritchard + clean 28FRP

Cut the deal, let’s go

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC seems to be in a position to sign him with cap space this summer if they really want him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without exchange, Poeltl will stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs can trade for Lauri Markkanen. An all star player on a really good contract that really fits the modern NBA. I don’t think they would even have to trade much to get him tbh… oh wait. Wrong year I guess. You’d think there would be a thread made about him in the past. But I guess some people only focus their attention seeking ways on bumping the rare threads they actually got right…

Still would’ve been nice to have gotten him on the cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without exchange, Poeltl will stay.
    Enforce the price. It will help down the road (unfortunately, the help they most need is a matter of mindless luck).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is over the bolded portion, which is debatable.

I actually like Keldon, but I think he's a modern Alvin Robertson for our team. Appears to be a good part of our young core, but in honesty can be moved for the right complementary piece once our true superstar arrives. I see the way we traded Alvin for Terry mings as a good example of what we could potentially do.

With that said, we certainly don't HAVE to trade him. I like the idea of packaging Keldon and Devin for an upgraded wing scorer like Mathurin or Ivey.
    Bad comparison. Alvin would have been almost untouchable if he wasn't having off the court drama. Great trade in retrospect but man people forget how nasty a player Alvin was and god what I would have given to see a defense anchored by him and David if he could have kept his life together at that time. And Sean Elliott too, damn would that have been a tough team to score on in the 90s. You're not getting a guy like Terry mings for Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs can trade for Lauri Markkanen. An all star player on a really good contract that really fits the modern NBA. I don’t think they would even have to trade much to get him tbh… oh wait. Wrong year I guess. You’d think there would be a thread made about him in the past. But I guess some people only focus their attention seeking ways on bumping the rare threads they actually got right…

Still would’ve been nice to have gotten him on the cheap.
    Didn't the Spurs try and obtain him in the DDR trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope - Spurs turned getting him down from what was reported. I didn’t want him either at the time. He’s been great - a massive leap I didn’t see coming personally.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted him in that deal but I understand why we passed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would have cost them the FRP, and at the time, he was considered a fail, so they passed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad comparison. Alvin would have been almost untouchable if he wasn't having off the court drama. Great trade in retrospect but man people forget how nasty a player Alvin was and god what I would have given to see a defense anchored by him and David if he could have kept his life together at that time. And Sean Elliott too, damn would that have been a tough team to score on in the 90s. You're not getting a guy like Terry mings for Keldon.
    If you'll recall, it wasn't Alvin for Terry straight up, we also sent Cadillac Anderson in the package.

I'd agree, Keldon isn't Alvin and we aren't getting a TC for Keldon... but my point is that just like Alvin and Cadillac once seemed like our future core, so do Keldon and Devin... none of the aforementioned guys were franchise players though and thus can be chess pieces to move around when we do land our Franchise Guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only four teams truly out of play-off/play-in contention at this point. Even Orlando (5th worst record) is only 4 games out of play-in contention. This adds a lot of extra trade deadline drama, IMO. But it is also countered against the backdrop of the Wemby sweepstakes where even the 10th best odds might be worth it. Who will be buyers and who will be sellers? Very interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean I by no means see Keldon as untradable but in today's NBA how often do you see players traded for other players where both teams are trying to get better? That's essentially the type of trade you're talking about. Most trades today are salary cap moves or players essentially being sold for draft picks. I think we're so far from thinking about selling our youth for a final piece because we don't even have a franchise player so I certainly don't see anything like that happening for years. In years well have a much better idea of what Keldon and Devin will be but I really doubt either gets moved in either of the next two seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you, Manny, that it is unlikely they'll get moved. But in my fantasy land scenario where we land a true alpha in this draft, I'm looking to package Devin and Keldon for someone like Mathurin or Ivey. With that said, I doubt DET or IND make that deal, and you are definitely correct about how trades happen these days.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is about to be making 20 million a year on a team trying to win less than 20 games a year for the next 3 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you, Manny, that it is unlikely they'll get moved. But in my fantasy land scenario where we land a true alpha in this draft, I'm looking to package Devin and Keldon for someone like Mathurin or Ivey. With that said, I doubt DET or IND make that deal, and you are definitely correct about how trades happen these days.
    You're not getting Mathurin or Ivey.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quan y does not equal Quality. I see these type of 2 for 1 offers all the time in fantasy sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on man those are pipe dreams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you'll recall, it wasn't Alvin for Terry straight up, we also sent Cadillac Anderson in the package.

I'd agree, Keldon isn't Alvin and we aren't getting a TC for Keldon... but my point is that just like Alvin and Cadillac once seemed like our future core, so do Keldon and Devin... none of the aforementioned guys were franchise players though and thus can be chess pieces to move around when we do land our Franchise Guy.
    Hate to say it because Cadillac was a really nice guy I got to talk to a lot when he was on the team, but he was more like a throw in, Alvin was the meat of that deal. Keldon isn't going to land you much as a centerpiece in trade, he's an average starting SF with maybe above average starting SF potential in a couple of years. He's more like the kind of guy you trade for to get something of value if your star forces his way out, not the kind of guy GM's are going to be ringing you up for dangling stars or real building blocks.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m wondering if they’ll be no trades. I mean, it’s possible the FO wants to see how the lottery shakes out. If they’re hedging to see if they get Victor, they might put all trade talks on hold until the Summer so they can have the options of having veterans here…unless they get a steal, but the trades last Summer seem to have put a stall on trade activity. Everyone is already mortgaged. Inflated trades recently make it hard to make something happen, arguably.

Just trying to see it from the FO perspective.

Thread Information