Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns are about to change ownership. I could see them making a splash by giving up Ayton and Gobert type of draft capital for Durant in the off-season

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does Irving traded to Dallas effect the Spurs ability to make a trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One chance less

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't changed it much from where it was before Kyrie's demand. One positive though is that the demand generated alot of dialog between several teams and the Spurs. Hopefully a couple wrinkles will come out of that over and above the conversations we were already having.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of s it up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or confirms that the Lakers were willing to son LeBron. They weren’t messing around when they said they aren’t mortgaging their entire future for his old ass.

Means best play still Toronto on Jak and salary dumping grounds for small assets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Be prepared for the attention Craptors to take it, if not up to, within' a few hours of the deadline so their unprofessional media buddies can resume attempting to publicly negotiate the value of their overrated role players on their behalf once the incoming flood of Irving trade analysis dies down in the next day or so.

Also be prepared for said unprofessional media buddies to resume trying to will the Nets to trade Durant to them for a collection of role players and picks . . . because superstars signed long term always go for packages like that, within' conference no less.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if the intel about BKN interest in our young guys had nothing to do with Irving but Nets trying to dump Simmons…

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs might price themselves right out with too high an asking price on any trade.
    Don't be surprised if there are no trades by the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any reports yet of LeBron blowing the up over the Lakers inability to pull off that trade for Kyrie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs might price themselves right out with too high an asking price on any trade.
    Don't be surprised if there are no trades by the Spurs.
    If they have the same expectations as ST, yeah surely

That's where you see our guys might not be as beautiful in strangers eyes. Your kid is always the most beautiful kid...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs wouldn’t put all of their eggs in one basket, the 3 way with LA and BK. I’m guessing they also had a number of other smaller trades lined up for their cap room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People may not agree but if the spurs land Scoot in the draft we should obviously keep Jakob but if we land Wemby I don’t think we should keep Jakob

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest piece of news we need now is on KD: will he renew trade demand and if so do they try to force it now or the summer? The two big players for the deadline, PHX and TOR, aren’t dealing without that information.

That said I don’t think that has to impact the Jakob trade market is Dallas and Celtics are in pursuit. Im intrigued by Dallas’ new aggressiveness in particular and what they’d give up picks wise in a Bert for Jak/Doug deal.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People may not agree but if the spurs land Scoot in the draft we should obviously keep Jakob but if we land Wemby I don’t think we should keep Jakob
    They should trade Poeltl regardless if they can get an unprotected first. If they don't get Wemby the timeline for turning things around will take longer so another couple of seasons in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembys not a center, more of a 7’4” SF. We’d still need a center.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembys not a center, more of a 7’4” SF. We’d still need a center.
    Need to play him near the basket even if he can hit some occasional perimeter shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any reports yet of LeBron blowing the up over the Lakers inability to pull off that trade for Kyrie?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest piece of news we need now is on KD: will he renew trade demand and if so do they try to force it now or the summer? The two big players for the deadline, PHX and TOR, aren’t dealing without that information.

That said I don’t think that has to impact the Jakob trade market is Dallas and Celtics are in pursuit. Im intrigued by Dallas’ new aggressiveness in particular and what they’d give up picks wise in a Bert for Jak/Doug deal.

KD too big of a piece to move in a mid season deal. By all accounts, Nets plan to reload around him now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to play him near the basket even if he can hit some occasional perimeter shots.
    He’s a perimeter player. If you want buckets near the basket, he can cut. He’s not a ing center, and if you play him there, his career will last 3-4 years. When Kevin Garnet was drafted, most centers were 6’11” or 7’0”. Do you think anyone considered playing him close to the basket?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a ton. Some fans thought the Spurs could absorb a lot of salary for a pick. There just aren't that many picks to go around for contenders, so Kyrie for players plus a pick was the most likely thing to happen. I don't know if the Spurs could have really been involved.

However, there might be a number of smaller trades that are beefier versions of the recent Noah Vonleh trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a ton. Some fans thought the Spurs could absorb a lot of salary for a pick. There just aren't that many picks to go around for contenders, so Kyrie for players plus a pick was the most likely thing to happen. I don't know if the Spurs could have really been involved.
    Actually there were. According to the Athletic: "The Lakers offered the Nets a package of Westbrook and two first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 for Irving in the last two days, sources with knowledge of the discussions said — to which the Nets informed the Lakers that in order to make an offer to get in the Irving sweepstakes they would require all of their young players such as Austin Reaves and and pick swaps in addition to Westbrook and the two first-round picks. The Nets ultimately moved on from a possible Lakers framework to choose Dallas."
    So basically Dallas' offer was a better fit to what Brooklyn was looking for (more veteran players over picks). But if that offer hadn't been on the table, going by what they ended up accepting I'd say a three way trade with our players in exchange for a pick had significant chances of working out. Too bad Dallas overpaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually there were. According to the Athletic: "The Lakers offered the Nets a package of Westbrook and two first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 for Irving in the last two days, sources with knowledge of the discussions said — to which the Nets informed the Lakers that in order to make an offer to get in the Irving sweepstakes they would require all of their young players such as Austin Reaves and and pick swaps in addition to Westbrook and the two first-round picks. The Nets ultimately moved on from a possible Lakers framework to choose Dallas."
    So basically Dallas' offer was a better fit to what Brooklyn was looking for (more veteran players over picks). But if that offer hadn't been on the table, going by what they ended up accepting I'd say a three way trade with our players in exchange for a pick had significant chances of working out. Too bad Dallas overpaid.
    Brooklyn owner said No to lakers out of spite. He didn't want to let Kyrie be happy. He sent him to the least likely place he would win as well. All types of spite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn owner said No to lakers out of spite. He didn't want to let Kyrie be happy. He sent him to the least likely place he would win as well. All types of spite.
    Love to see it. Kyrie almost single handedly tanked the Nets chances the last three years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs put themselves in a position to get assets through either trading their players or being part of a salary dump for draft picks. But it just depends on if the opportunity arises. They did the smart thing for their situation, but it is kind of the luck of timing. In theory, the race is wide open so it favors the bold for teams that have championship aspirations. But not many le contenders have assets to make trades. Spurs have priced their players high in the trade market. But I think Toronto opening for business will diminish the Spurs's assets and I think there is probably not a big deal out there that will require the Spurs to use their salary cap. At least, not right now with no other superstars likely to demand trades between now and Thursday.

Thread Information