Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang I was hoping we could package JR and McD and our Miami 2nd for a top 24 protected FRP.
    Most of us always knew JR was not going to fetch a first. His trade value at mist was always that of Thad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of us always knew JR was not going to fetch a first. His trade value at mist was always that of Thad.
    Unfortunately due to cir stances it appears it's less than Thad's. Thad fetched an early 20's worth of a pick, considering that Grizzlies traded picks 22 and 29 for pick 19. Spurs essentially traded Thad and pick 33 for pick 20 (plus some cash from Holts' pockets).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should really try to get the Suns or Raptors 2023 pick. I think that are the only picks available for this draft, besides the Heat pick whom we just made a deal with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad polished up an early 2RP into a late-mid FRP and maybe with this MIA 2028 2RP + JR Spurs can secure a late first somehow?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I'm gonna catch heat from mo7877, but I dont see why we dont get a look at Wiseman for a year. Richardson and SRP for Wiseman. It's 11M next year for a look. if he sucks move on.
    Why do you think the Spurs should give assets for a negative contract? If you want the Spurs to be the Wiseman dumping ground, fine. But they shouldn't pay for it. Wiseman for Dedmon works straight up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should really try to get the Suns or Raptors 2023 pick. I think that are the only picks available for this draft, besides the Heat pick whom we just made a deal with
    Yeah, but how?

Raptors seem to be stuck and unable to decide if they're buyers or sellers, so if we want their pick, we'll have to wait until they figure out which direction they want to take.

Suns? Only if it's some three way deal for Ayton or if we take CP3's contract, which doesn't seem to be likely. They're not giving up their first to get rid of Saric.

I'll consider Brian Wright a miracle worker if he manages to get another first in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but how?

Raptors seem to be stuck and unable to decide if they're buyers or sellers, so if we want their pick, we'll have to wait until they figure out which direction they want to take.

Suns? Only if it's some three way deal for Ayton or if we take CP3's contract, which doesn't seem to be likely. They're not giving up their first to get rid of Saric.

I'll consider Brian Wright a miracle worker if he manages to get another first in this draft.
    yes, seems almost impossible. But the Spurs 2nd round pick should be between 32nd and 34th, so packaging that one with a player to move up in the late first round might work with somebody like Phoenix. That would save them even more salary since they can sign the 2nd round pick to a two-way contract next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang I was hoping we could package JR and McD and our Miami 2nd for a top 24 protected FRP.
    Has anything outside of Dedmon and the SRP gone down?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I'm gonna catch heat from mo7877, but I dont see why we dont get a look at Wiseman for a year. Richardson and SRP for Wiseman. It's 11M next year for a look. if he sucks move on.
    No heat from me.... I just wouldn't pay for the privilege of finding out if there's anything there, especially since you need to spend $12M on him next year to really evaluate him. I'd be willing to trade Jrich or McD for him straight up but that's about it..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really see where this changes the expectation for what we can get for Jrich. To get a first out of him we were always going to have to take back future money....that's still the case.... this just says we'll take a 2nd if we don't have ongoing salary...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This trade deadline is going to fizzle out. I don't think we move Jak or Doug. We'll get a 2nd for JRich as a favor to him and to open up more minutes for Bran.

Still hoping (but not optimistic) that we move Jak or Zollins and it opens up minutes for Bassey (assuming he isn't done for the year. Still no news about his injury, which is very weird)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This trade deadline is going to fizzle out. I don't think we move Jak or Doug. We'll get a 2nd for JRich as a favor to him and to open up more minutes for Bran.

Still hoping (but not optimistic) that we move Jak or Zollins and it opens up minutes for Bassey (assuming he isn't done for the year. Still no news about his injury, which is very weird)
    Could be, but there's no compelling reason to conclude that right now... everybody always thinks the deadline is going to be a dud...then Thursday happens...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do like the idea of Josh getting a shot to play for a better team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are literally two days and two minutes before deadline left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the optics of SA willing to help JR get somewhere good to play meaningful games despite no return is almost worth some value not unlike the draft capital itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bassey (assuming he isn't done for the year. Still no news about his injury, which is very weird)
    Yeah, I did see a tweet earlier congratulating him for being selected to the Rising Stars G-League version of the all star game?

edited to add: Here it is:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    always thought a first contemplated us taking on some future salary. like when we traded RJ and a first for sjax, so 2nd + expiring makes sense, but id rather go with the former. its not like our cap space this summer is very important

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think the Spurs should give assets for a negative contract? If you want the Spurs to be the Wiseman dumping ground, fine. But they shouldn't pay for it. Wiseman for Dedmon works straight up.
    In my view, I think we simultaneously overstate JRich's value and underrate 12M/1yr of Wiesman around here. I see some upside in turning a future 45th pick and an expiring into a raw project for 1 year.

But yeah, if they take Dedmon, awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t give up a thing for Wiseman. Dude legit doesn’t know how to play basketball. Much rather throw money at someone like Naz Reid in the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento Kings are closing in on a deal with Brooklyn to acquire Nets forward Kessler Edwards, sources tell
    shams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh what's the point? Second rounders aren't worth . Only half decent player the Spurs have gotten in the second round the last ten years was Tre Jones, and he's just putting up empty stats on a loser.

That is absolutely not true. Right in front of our face the Heat just used a 2nd round pick to gain cap space, to make other deals possible.

It always depends on how picks are used.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is absolutely not true. Right in front of our face the Heat just used a 2nd round pick to gain cap space, to make other deals possible.

It always depends on how picks are used.
    Exactly. We used a SRP and the corpse of Thad Young to get Malaki.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are literally two days and two minutes before deadline left.
    I just got wet. Draft capital is paramount but I’d love to see us take a flier on a younger talent who has fallen out of the rotation on another team. I don’t think this current squad should get a bonus at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBACentral pops up in my Twitter feed pretty regularly, and they’re not really plugged into anything. Kind of a trash account. Take anything they say with a bowling ball sized grain of salt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another guy who doesn't like Pop's methods

Thread Information