Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell’s knee surgery was on January 6th iirc. Recovery roughly estimated at 6 to 8 weeks. I guess he may be more than halfway through the recovery.

Pop not play him?? Pop CAN’T play him, he’s recovering from knee surgery.

The tweet only says he’s itching to play again.
    That’s what I said yes ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what I said yes ��

Yes you did, and I support you 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know they aren't parting with both picks, that's why I suggested the trade.

Giving the Lakers an easy way out from Westbrook would be horrible from every hater's perspective.
    I was a Laker hater before I was a Spurs' fan, but if something is to our benefit, it needs to get done even if it also works for the Lakers. Besides, if anyone thinks McDermott + Richardson get them to true contender status, they're smoking crack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers aren't going to win . My interest is more to ensure the Pelicans don't get Wembanyama.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was a Laker hater before I was a Spurs' fan, but if something is to our benefit, it needs to get done even if it also works for the Lakers. Besides, if anyone thinks McDermott + Richardson get them to true contender status, they're smoking crack.
    Nah, they'll be awful regardless. I just love seeing their entire fanbase meltdown game after game, as if it's all Westbrook's fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers aren't going to win . My interest is more to ensure the Pelicans don't get Wembanyama.
    If we don't get him, that's where I want him to go. It would be fantastic to watch the Lakers bite their pillow for 20 years like the Celtics did with Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It appears that Lakers might be getting D'Angelo Russell back, sending Westbrook and a pick to Utah, with Conley going to Minnesota. Love it for Utah and Minnesota.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless they intend to give Russell an extension, it feels rough for the Lakers. I like it well enough for Minny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely idiotic trade for the Timberwolves. D-Lo's contract is expiring, Conley is 35 and has another year of 24 million on his contract. Makes 0 sense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge is going to fleece both Lakers and Timberwolves in one trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait! Westbrook going to Utah where he had that nasty interaction with a fan that is now banned? That will be entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely idiotic trade for the Timberwolves. D-Lo's contract is expiring, Conley is 35 and has another year of 24 million on his contract. Makes 0 sense
    Conley is like the Rancor Keeper and Gobert is the Rancor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/s...-utah-fan.html

Who is this worse for? Westbook gets traded as basically a throw away contract that needs an unprotected first round pick to for the Lakers to get rid of him or the Jazz fans that have hated on Westbrook for years being forced to watch him chuck without abandon and play their overachieving team out of the playoff picture.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who is this worse for? Westbook gets traded as basically a throw away contract that needs an unprotected first round pick to for the Lakers to get rid of him or the Jazz fans that have hated on Westbrook for years being forced to watch him chuck without abandon and play their overachieving team out of the playoff picture.
    Jazz can just DNP or waive him, they don't care, they just want the pick.

TWolves are getting into bad enough to get relocated territory. Just disgusting.

Lakers being incompetent is expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He won't play a minute for the Jazz. Probably won't even need to fly there. It's not Westbrook they're trading for, it's his contract and the draft compensation that comes with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minny has wanted to get off DLo for a while now. Conley would be a steadying influence on the court, but he's so old and what's the plan thereafter?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when Westbrick becomes a free agent, lets see who picks him up. Whoever does, will be by far the most re ed team in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when Westbrick becomes a free agent, lets see who picks him up. Whoever does, will be by far the most re ed team in the NBA.
    I don't even know who he'd be good for. Theoretically a charge of energy off the bench somewhere? Phoenix?

Honestly, as long as you don't have him closing out games -- him with the ball in last possessions is amazing to see -- he's not been utterly terrible for a while off the bench. The Lakers' problem is a crap supporting cast and an awful, fragile, lazy Anthony Davis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense for all three teams . . .

Lakers gets youngish veterans, two of whom can shoot, one of which can also create and a versatile front court defender/rebounder.

They won't sniff championship contention, but this threads the needle about as well as possible and gives them pseudo puncher's chance to "go on a run".

Timberwolves get steady veteran hand to "run" the team and get out from having to either extend Russell or have a gaping hole at PG (no cap space or assets).

Jazz get more draft capital.

The only "loser" is Westbrook, who's career is probably on the verge of being over.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even know who he'd be good for. Theoretically a charge of energy off the bench somewhere? Phoenix?

Honestly, as long as you don't have him closing out games -- him with the ball in last possessions is amazing to see -- he's not been utterly terrible for a while off the bench. The Lakers' problem is a crap supporting cast and an awful, fragile, lazy Anthony Davis.
    well, that would be a problem, as he would wanna be in the game. The guy has too big of an ego, to realize he's not that guy anymore (if he even ever was). So i don't think a playoff team would even want to risk it. Perhaps someone like Chicago, as they don't have a pg now, that Lonzo is injured, but idk... He's just not worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, that would be a problem, as he would wanna be in the game. The guy has too big of an ego, to realize he's not that guy anymore (if he even ever was). So i don't think a playoff team would even want to risk it. Perhaps someone like Chicago, as they don't have a pg now, that Lonzo is injured, but idk... He's just not worth it.
    LAC tried John Wall, whose ego was too big and he sucked. Why not try Westbrook?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the trade for the Lakers or Minnesota if they give up assets. But maybe it's me being pi$$ed,

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get that at all for Minnesota. Conley is so washed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's incredible that Tim Connelly is the same guy who built Denver around Jokic, MPJ, Gordon and Murray, who drafted Bones Hyland, is now DESTROYING the T-Wolves in this way.
    If this goes through and they give up further assets, it'd be difficult to find a worse series of moves in such a short time frame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would prob do Danilo Gallinari and Peyton Prichard + pick considerations for Poeltl

I think we decided that Nilo returning to the Spurs was trade legal, right?

Thread Information