Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And don’t get overly fixated on every single thing lol - it’s just a general framework not exact obviously. Spurs may be able to get it done with keeping Collins out or whatever. Or maybe get a 2nd round pick too etc…

Just a general framework/thought process from me….and like a “worst case” in terms of what SA would have to send out to get it done if it’s even possible. I wouldn’t mind it since like I said, SA would be able to sign 2 new players in off season to replace say Zach and Josh for example so its net losing only Zach/Tre since we know we can replace Josh/Doug quite easily IMO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It adds no money to SA truly beyond what they are paying anyways. They are sending out Doug/Zach/Tre/Josh and are under the floor. Not only that, they actually get off of Dougs money too which while not “important” is a win.
    I get that, but this is about extracting as much as possible because we are NEEDED for this deal to work. With all that stuff going out, there needs to be more that a 27FRP and trash coming back.

I like my variant:

LAL: Irving
    BKN: Jak, Rich, Doug
    SAS: brick + 27 + 28swap + 29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, dont see the need to include Tre or Collins. I do this deal though:

BKN: Jak, Doug, Rich
    SAS: Brick 27FRP + 28SWAP + 29FRP

*I'd use that stupid CHA pick strategically to get this over the finish line if needed.
    Yup....that's the framework..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No - 29 other teams DO NOT have cap space.

That’s what he just wrote. You agreed with him in all caps.

The mistake you’re making is in thinking the Spurs would get involved in this situation to trade their own players. That isn’t it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup....that's the framework..
    If my math is right, this leaves enough cap space to absorb trash from the Suns for a FRP if they’re looking for tax help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that, but this is about extracting as much as possible because we are NEEDED for this deal to work. With all that stuff going out, there needs to be more that a 27FRP and trash coming back.

I like my variant:

BKN: Jak, Rich, Doug
    SAS: brick + 27 + 28swap + 29
    I’m not sure BKY does Jak for an unprotected first but I am totally fine with that deal. Not sure LA is…

We arent needed. They can easily send WB + 2 picks to BKY and cut us out if BKY values picks over getting some players now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what he just wrote. You agreed with him in all caps.

The mistake you’re making is in thinking the Spurs would get involved in this situation to trade their own players. That isn’t it.
    Ya - misread what he said on cap space. Don’t understand your point about SA getting involved with their players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If my math is right, this leaves enough cap space to absorb trash from the Suns for a FRP if they’re looking for tax help
    It does..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure BKY does Jak for an unprotected first but I am totally fine with that deal. Not sure LA is…

We arent needed. They can easily send WB + 2 picks to BKY and cut us out if BKY values picks over getting some players now.
    To clarify all the picks are coming from LAL. On your last point, that’s the issue, they can’t just value distant picks. They need players for their push. They’re still up their in the standings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To clarify all the picks are coming from LAL. On your last point, that’s the issue, they can’t just value distant picks. They need players for their push. They’re still up their in the standings
    We may think that but what if what they don’t value that? There may be a balance or tipping point where they go one way or other. Point is the absolutely don’t need Spurs and can use one of the picks to get players they like better than Doug/Richardson/Tre if they don’t care about saving money here..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We aren't needed if Brooklyn is willing to eat out Westbrook's salary. But that implies they're willing to add 10M more in salary, plus the tax implications of that, plus the fact that when Westbrook's deal expires they have nothing to show for that cap space. If Brooklyn is trying to contend now, they're better served sending Westbrook to a third team, and getting actual contributors instead. I don't think any of this will happen, however, mainly because the Lakers seem to be in an extremely speculative position, holding out for who knows what deal that meets their standards. That deal will eventually come, the question is whether that happens before LeBron finds himself in a retirement home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't needed if Brooklyn is willing to eat out Westbrook's salary. But that implies they're willing to add 10M more in salary, plus the tax implications of that, plus the fact that when Westbrook's deal expires they have nothing to show for that cap space. If Brooklyn is trying to contend now, they're better served sending Westbrook to a third team, and getting actual contributors instead. I don't think any of this will happen, however, mainly because the Lakers seem to be in an extremely speculative position, holding out for who knows what deal that meets their standards. That deal will eventually come, the question is it will be before LeBron in a retirement home.
    Sure - I agree which is why I threw this together lol. But BKY may realize they cannot contend no matter what with Simmons being trash and now Kyrie out. But I agree that the type of deal I put together seems like a logical way to go to hedge and get best of both worlds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't needed if Brooklyn is willing to eat out Westbrook's salary. But that implies they're willing to add 10M more in salary, plus the tax implications of that, plus the fact that when Westbrook's deal expires they have nothing to show for that cap space. If Brooklyn is trying to contend now, they're better served sending Westbrook to a third team, and getting actual contributors instead. I don't think any of this will happen, however, mainly because the Lakers seem to be in an extremely speculative position, holding out for who knows what deal that meets their standards. That deal will eventually come, the question is whether that happens before LeBron finds himself in a retirement home.
    Yeah, good luck being the guy trying to sell an aging KD on that plan. I agree they’d want a 3rd team and players over picks.

The team that is lurking and has better players than our trio is the Jazz. I think I like Connolly, Beasley, Vanderbilt and/or Clarkson over what we have. That’s why I think the CHA pick could be useful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure - I agree which is why I threw this together lol. But BKY may realize they cannot contend no matter what with Simmons being trash and now Kyrie out. But I agree that the type of deal I put together seems like a logical way to go to hedge and get best of both worlds.
    If the conclude that they can't compete the trade market goes nuclear because they'll move KD.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn is a mess, there are so many ifs and buts that it's hard to put together any plausible deals on the table. Harden & Irving destroyed Brooklyn. It should serve as a cautionary tale: "if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the conclude that they can't compete the trade market goes nuclear because they'll move KD.....
    They have until off season for that, but definitely a possibility for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn is a mess, there are so many ifs and buts that it's hard to put together any plausible deals on the table. Harden & Irving destroyed Brooklyn. It should serve as a cautionary tale: "if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas".
    Now that Simmons trade looks even more DISASTROUS. Wow that is a tough contract to have on the books

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't needed if Brooklyn is willing to eat out Westbrook's salary. But that implies they're willing to add 10M more in salary, plus the tax implications of that
    https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/sta...58488668655616
    A Russell Westbrook/Kyrie Irving straight swap (yes, it works because of the Irving trade bonus) would cost the Nets an additional $56M toward their already $109M luxury tax penalty.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're throwing out trades...let's get Brooklyn off Simmons..

LA- Kyrie

Brooklyn- WB, McD, and Josh + LA 2029 1st

Spurs- Simmons, LA 2027 1st, and LA 2028 swap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons has like 2 years 80M left on his contract, beyond this season. That's atrocious... plus, I wouldn't want Sochan anywhere Simmons, just in case he's contagious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're throwing out trades...let's get Brooklyn off Simmons..

LA- Kyrie

Brooklyn- WB, McD, and Josh + LA 2029 1st

Spurs- Simmons, LA 2027 1st, and LA 2028 swap
    Per usual that would be an extremely lopsided deal in favor of the Stern Lakers.

That's the best Brooklyn could do?

NO we do not want Simmons. And thru 2025? No F way!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons has like 2 years 80M left on his contract, beyond this season. That's atrocious... plus, I wouldn't want Sochan anywhere Simmons, just in case he's contagious.
    I don't want him either but I'd take him for those two LA assets...and we'd still have Jak to move elsewhere ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet that the spurs accountants would be having a stroke if they saw some these trades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet that the spurs accountants would be having a stroke if they saw some these trades.
    Hopefully they're busy evaluating several things on the table instead of the BS we're throwing around to pass the time until the deadline..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Kyrie just drop dead already, tbh?

Thread Information