Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's is Kyrie's constant kooky behavior Adam Silver's fault?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's is Kyrie's constant kooky behavior Adam Silver's fault?
    its not kyrie's cookiness, its just this new age trend of incessant trade demands being placated

but again, im not exactly sure how thats silver's fault necessarily, though he's kinda done nothing to slow it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you're right, forgot to factor in the shorter schedule. Morant's rookie year they were five games better than the previous year prorated to 82 games. I think Wemby's body ain't gonna be ready for 82 games as a rookie though, he's not like LeBron who entered the league built like a tank already. I wouldn't hold it against Wemby if he's in the lottery next year. Do you think less of Durant for leading the Sonics to the lottery his rookie year when he wasn't yet physically built for the NBA yet?
    This is a good thought exercise. I could be misremembering how hyped up Durant was coming into the league, but I don't recall him being touted as much as Wemby. I certainly don't recall him being hyped as this generational/can't miss talent the way LeBron, Timmy were. The Sonics regressed big time Durant's rookie year (going from Bob Hill lol to PJ), but man their roster was really bleak. However... was it any more bleak than this Spurs roster? That's a good question that might require some hard to swallow pills. They were also on the Sam Presti plan, so one must question how much will to improve that franchise had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wild. Hope it's not the Lakers

LOL That team is such a show. Poor patty tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't in disagreement here... and the "like Mathurin or Ivey" is a hypothetical around the type of player we should want along side our alpha. If you land Wemby, I think the Spurs should immediately transition from multi-year tank mode to immediately building around your newly drafted Superstar, much like we did in 1989. Devin and Keldon are really the only assets we'll have (assuming Sochan is untouchable) along side the bevvy of draft picks we'll have ac ulated (and perhaps even more if we do some deals around the deadline).

I'd hope we'd be able to do SOMETHING with those trade pieces, but maybe we don't need to move Devin or Keldon at all and could just use the draft picks for the kind of deal that ATL did for DJM or CLE did for Mitc . But I don't want to see us land Wemby and then have two more years of top-5 picks... that's just going to result in Wemby being developed in a losing atmosphere that could lead him to want out. The 1989 model is the way to go. If Wemby is our DRob, Sochan can be our Sean and another one of our young guys can be our Willie. Bring in vets to surround that young core, don't just amass a team of young, talented but clueless prospects.
    I really don't undersatnd y'alls valuation of our current players. Right now none is a star, that much is abundantly clear. I think Sochan possibly has start potential, but its a long shot. I think between he Vassel and Keldon, we have multiple future all star appearances in the cards. It's not a sure thing ,but I think its more likely than not. Perhaps they would lack a true second star, but if you add Wemby (if he's truly a Drob, Shaq, Duncan etc caliber player) then we're immediately on the edge of the lottery and an acquisition away from being a true contender with those very players. I don't think you guys realize how much a difference maker a true number one would be. We would need to add depth, but with a true number one and some time to develop our young dudes, there's no way they're picking in the top 5 again. Just no ing way. Barring a huge lottery move that is. But finishing with a bottom 5 record? Nope.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good thought exercise. I could be misremembering how hyped up Durant was coming into the league, but I don't recall him being touted as much as Wemby. I certainly don't recall him being hyped as this generational/can't miss talent the way LeBron, Timmy were. The Sonics regressed big time Durant's rookie year (going from Bob Hill lol to PJ), but man their roster was really bleak. However... was it any more bleak than this Spurs roster? That's a good question that might require some hard to swallow pills. They were also on the Sam Presti plan, so one must question how much will to improve that franchise had.
    I mean no one has been as hyped as LeBron but Durant was pretty universally regarded as a franchise talent who only went #2 because Oden was the most hyped prospect since LeBron and the most hyped bigman since Kareem or Sampson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if Spurs have a deal in place but the other team requests to wait for a deadline transaction to limit their own compe ion from responding to the late move?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean no one has been as hyped as LeBron but Durant was pretty universally regarded as a franchise talent who only went #2 because Oden was the most hyped prospect since LeBron and the most hyped bigman since Kareem or Sampson.
    yeah if you looked up #1 overall picks around that time, other than his own draft, you're looking at the lebron and probably Yao drafts where he would NOT have gone #1 overall. but he was easily a better prospect than like, K-mart, Kwame, Dwight, Bogut, Bargnani, Rose, Griffin, Wall... would have been the consensus #1 any until what, maybe Anthony Davis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake Trade:

Lakers Get: Kyrie + Josh Richardson

BKY Gets: Doug + Tre + Zach + 1 Lakers unprotected 1st

SA Gets: Westbrook (whom they waive so he can sign with a contender) + 1 Lakers unprotected 1st

My thoughts: If LA is really trying to win, and willing to give up 2 firsts this gets them more than just Kyrie in Josh Richardson to help with depth. BKY doesn’t lose Kyrie for a nothing player, gets 3 solid rotation pieces to help now and shaves their 100M tax bill in half while still getting a great pick as well.

SA loses only Tre from the “young” core, keeps rest of core including Jak for another deal/to re-sign and while they maybe should get more than one first for giving up Doug/Zach/Tre/Saving BKY a ton of money, they get the best possible one pick so quality over quan y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't undersatnd y'alls valuation of our current players. Right now none is a star, that much is abundantly clear. I think Sochan possibly has start potential, but its a long shot. I think between he Vassel and Keldon, we have multiple future all star appearances in the cards. It's not a sure thing ,but I think its more likely than not. Perhaps they would lack a true second star, but if you add Wemby (if he's truly a Drob, Shaq, Duncan etc caliber player) then we're immediately on the edge of the lottery and an acquisition away from being a true contender with those very players. I don't think you guys realize how much a difference maker a true number one would be. We would need to add depth, but with a true number one and some time to develop our young dudes, there's no way they're picking in the top 5 again. Just no ing way. Barring a huge lottery move that is. But finishing with a bottom 5 record? Nope.
    You're on record on saying you believe will be an all-star, and my opinion is that there is close to a zero chance of that ever happening. He's a good 3rd or 4th player on a team, not even a legit #2 on a good team, and you have to be a really good team to send multiple all-stars. There is still hope for Devin, but Keldon ain't gonna be an all-star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if Spurs have a deal in place but the other team requests to wait for a deadline transaction to limit their own compe ion from responding to the late move?
    Oh, I think that happens WAY more than people know. It’s just a good business practice, don’t give your compe ion a chance to react.

Kyrie may be throwing a wrench into that, though. I think if BKN gets a good offer, they’ll pull the trigger immediately. They’re in a horrible position, and can’t afford to around. That domino falling could start an avalanche.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake Trade:

SA Gets: Westbrook (whom they waive so he can sign with a contender) + 1 Lakers unprotected 1st

My thoughts: If LA is really trying to win, and willing to give up 2 firsts this gets them more than just Kyrie in Josh Richardson to help with depth. BKY doesn’t lose Kyrie for a nothing player, gets 3 solid rotation pieces to help now and shaves their 100M tax bill in half while still getting a great pick as well.

SA loses only Tre from the “young” core, keeps rest of core including Jak for another deal/to re-sign and while they maybe should get more than one first for giving up Doug/Zach/Tre/Saving BKY a ton of money, they get the best possible one pick so quality over quan y.
    At the very least, this would put us in the running for the worst overall record! No one to bring the ball up, no big man depth. All in for 14%!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hmmmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake Trade:

Spurs give up two good young players for a single draft pick? Do you work for ESPN?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the very least, this would put us in the running for the worst overall record! No one to bring the ball up, no big man depth. All in for 14%!
    I mean we are in that running anyways right lol? Losing Doug/Josh/Zach no big deal IMO. Tre would hurt but could maybe sign a vet PG or give keys to Blake rest of the way. But it keeps core together and lands SA another massive 1st round pick potentially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs give up two good young players for a single draft pick? Do you work for ESPN?
    Doug and Josh combined likely at best net you a lottery protected first value wise. Tre on his own MAYBE a lottery protected first. Collins? A 2nd. Yes I would trade 2 lottery protected firsts and a 2nd round pick while clearing 15M off the books for an unprotected first with an aging LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the very least, this would put us in the running for the worst overall record!
    On the other hand, since the new lottery format, the team with the worst overall record has never once got the No. 1 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . man, I hope that’s a joke. Doug is 30, and Josh is 28. NOT young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hmmmmm
    DPG > Shams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand, since the new lottery format, the team with the worst overall record has never once got the No. 1 pick.
    But being the worst record means you can only fall to pick 5 at worst, instead of having 3rd worst record where you can fall to 7 for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . man, I hope that’s a joke. Doug is 30, and Josh is 28. NOT young.
    Tre Jones. Zach Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones. Zach Collins.
    Yes - but they aren’t true parts of the core IMO. They are replaceable players IMO that are able to be had via FA or draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But being the worst record means you can only fall to pick 5 at worst, instead of having 3rd worst record where you can fall to 7 for example.
    There’s no difference in the talent available at 5 or at 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point.

But the way the Spurs FO evaluates talent, the guy they would take after Wemby might be the consensus No. 2 pick or might be the No. 10 pick.

The difference between 5 and 7 might (but likely won't) make a difference.

Thread Information