Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop said back around all star break all along anyway so Dev is on his time frame still

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another guy who doesn't like Pop's methods

We don't need this dude coming back and messing up our lottery odds. He needs to sit on that bench until next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another guy who doesn't like Pop's methods

hahah he is probs just down on being injured. He’s getting a nice extension offer this summer regardless
    but I’m sure his camp wants him on the floor asap to stat pad for a bigger deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahah he is probs just down on being injured. He’s getting a nice extension offer this summer regardless
    but I’m sure his camp wants him on the floor asap to stat pad for a bigger deal.
    nah man he's the next Dejounte. He will ask for a trade soon and doesn't like Spurs "culture"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento Kings are closing in on a deal with Brooklyn to acquire Nets forward Kessler Edwards, sources tell
    shams
    According to Hoopshype the deal is done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah man he's the next Dejounte. He will ask for a trade soon and doesn't like Spurs "culture"
    Devin Anthony Vassell is a member of the next big 3; Keldon/Vassell/Wemby! Book it!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Be prepared for the attention Craptors to take it, if not up to, within' a few hours of the deadline so their unprofessional media buddies can resume attempting to publicly negotiate the value of their overrated role players on their behalf once the incoming flood of Irving trade analysis dies down in the next day or so.

Also be prepared for said unprofessional media buddies to resume trying to will the Nets to trade Durant to them for a collection of role players and picks . . . because superstars signed long term always go for packages like that, within' conference no less.
    Like clockwork.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massai is my Daddy but I kinda like it
    Dammmmmm…. insert yellow M&M ROFL

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dammmmmm…. insert yellow M&M ROFL
    As I said, like clockwork.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alright... NOW I am interested in Wiseman, not because of Wiseman, but because it's worth $131M to GS to trade him. How many unprotected FRPs is $131M worth to the Warriors (maybe none... they might not give a ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs receive: James Wiseman, Johnathan Kuminga, 2025 unprotected FRP swap, 2026 unprotected FRP, 2027 unprotected FRP swap, 2028 unprotected FRP
    Warriors receive: $110k

Let's do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs receive: James Wiseman, Johnathan Kuminga, 2025 unprotected FRP swap, 2026 unprotected FRP, 2027 unprotected FRP swap, 2028 unprotected FRP

Let's do it.

I’m in.

The Warriors owe Memphis a 1st round pick that could settle in ‘24, ‘25 or ‘26, otherwise they are all clear. That ‘24 protection is only top 4, so it will probably settle then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alright... NOW I am interested in Wiseman, not because of Wiseman, but because it's worth $131M to GS to trade him. How many unprotected FRPs is $131M worth to the Warriors (maybe none... they might not give a ).
    This is why we shouldn't 'pay' for Wiseman and why we should get paid to take him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let's do it.
    It’s been said that the Spurs want no part of Kuminga.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id definitley explore eating wiseman's contract tbh. 2023 offseason cap space is not really a concern imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let's do it.
    If you're going to dream, dream big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been said that the Spurs want no part of Kuminga.
    Yes, we know. We all read if the first time LJ wrote it and the 10,000 times you've posted it since. They also don't want any part of Wiseman and the Warriors probably want no part in this trade. But this is my Spurs GM fan-fic, so I don't actually GAF.

TRE TO KUMINGA FOR THE ALLY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're going to dream, dream big.
    This guy gets it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why we shouldn't 'pay' for Wiseman and why we should get paid to take him..
    Exactly, some people still don't seem to get it. Wiseman is a burden, not an asset. Any trade proposal that has us giving up anything for Wiseman beyond $110k or a top-55 protected SRP should be immediately disregarded. Likewise, any proposal that doesn't also have FRPs coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m in.

The Warriors owe Memphis a 1st round pick that could settle in ‘24, ‘25 or ‘26, otherwise they are all clear. That ‘24 protection is only top 4, so it will probably settle then.
    Right, but until it’s settled, you can’t further trade or swap any of those picks. It won’t be settled by the trade deadline. ‘Probably’ doesn’t count. An example is Chicagos pick this year. It’s top four protected, and was expected to convey, as Chicago made the playoffs last year easily, and was expected to do the same this year. Fast forward 8 months, and Chicago has a decent chance to jump into the top 4 and keep the pick. It’s 8% now, but was 20% days ago, and could be again in a few days with the way the standings are bubbling up and down.
    Last edited by exstatic; 02-07-2023 at 07:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my view, I think we simultaneously overstate JRich's value and underrate 12M/1yr of Wiesman around here. I see some upside in turning a future 45th pick and an expiring into a raw project for 1 year.

But yeah, if they take Dedmon, awesome.
    Why do you think Wiseman would have less value to GS than the Spurs? They need a good center as well, and they'd really like him to be a good investment. A player who's good versus a player who's bad on the same money should have dramatically different values. That's even more true given that Wiseman isn't on a $12M/1 deal. He's on a two-year deal. He has guaranteed money well beyond what he's shown to be worth. Dedmon's a lot better with option value. I don't really see a good argument for preferring Wiseman over Dewayne unless you believe in Wiseman. Like you can't just want to take a flyer. You have to think he's going to be a really good player. Otherwise it should be pretty easy to get a project big. The Spurs have a couple already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think Wiseman would have less value to GS than the Spurs? They need a good center as well, and they'd really like him to be a good investment. A player who's good versus a player who's bad on the same money should have dramatically different values. That's even more true given that Wiseman isn't on a $12M/1 deal. He's on a two-year deal. He has guaranteed money well beyond what he's shown to be worth. Dedmon's a lot better with option value. I don't really see a good argument for preferring Wiseman over Dewayne unless you believe in Wiseman. Like you can't just want to take a flyer. You have to think he's going to be a really good player. Otherwise it should be pretty easy to get a project big. The Spurs have a couple already.
    the tax bill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy... It's pretty tasty that the GSW owner is paying through the nose for his failson's desire to pick Wiseman. Light years ahead, truly. Too bad they got a cheapo le out of everything last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, but until it’s settled, you can’t further trade or swap any of those picks. It won’t be settled by the trade deadline. ‘Probably’ doesn’t count. An example is Chicagos pick this year. It’s top four protected, and was expected to convey, as Chicago made the playoffs last year easily, and was expected to do the same this year. Fast forward 8 months, and Chicago has a decent chance to jump into the top 4 and keep the pick. It’s 8% now, but was 20% days ago, and could be again in a few days with the way the standings are bubbling up and down.

Yes, very true. The Warriors do have their 1st round pick this year, currently at #17. I wonder what they think that’s worth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with his option next year, I don’t assume the spurs made the Dedmon trade with the idea of keeping him unless Jakob is moved. Maybe that’s wrong, but I think he becomes a buyout guy the day after the deadline. We’ll see.

I disagree on the flier piece, especially if the cost is (projected) sub-MLE money; I absolutely think that’s what the small market spurs should be doing at this stage of their rebuild cycle, which is why I applauded the Zach Collins deal at the time it was made (and I still like it).

On “value,” it feels like GSW for first time in a while have different considerations to grapple with, which I think is reflected in the Meyers contract impasse (say nothing of the new Curry injury). That tax savings may be a real “value” in what’s looking like a down year.

Last, unless I’m missing something, if Wiseman flops next year the spurs arent obligated to make him RFA the season after next, no? And if he does flop he become the next 12M expiring to be leveraged this time next year. I support having different sized expiring contracts (5M Romeo; 9M Jakob; 12M Richardson) at any given time to help cobble trades together.

Thread Information