Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • Feb. 9: NBA Trade Deadline (3 p.m. ET)

The Wizards have started trade talks centered on forward Rui Hachimura ahead of the Feb. 9 deadline to make a deal, per Shams Charania and Josh Robbins of The Athletic.
    Hachimura, who is set to become a free agent after the season, is drawing interest from several Western Conference teams, Charania and Robbins reported.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright is about to make it rain unprotected FRPs, hopefully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright is about to make it rain unprotected FRPs, hopefully.
    In b4 he trades our '23 pick unprotected for Bryn Forbs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes much more sense for GSW than Jakob tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix sounds off that they're willing to take on long-term salary and use a first round pick. They're in dire straits with their window closing and wallowing in mediocrity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix sounds off that they're willing to take on long-term salary and use a first round pick. They're in dire straits with their window closing and wallowing in mediocrity.
    That’s interesting. I had written them off because of their complicated management situation. If they are motivated there is a lot to be done there, like dumping Saric onto us for a few distant SRPs or dumping Saric and Crowder (lost cause for them) to us for a future FRP. Lots of tax savings for a team over the line.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s interesting. I had written them off because of their complicated management situation. If they are motivated there is a lot to be done there, like dumping Saric onto us for a few distant SRPs or dumping Saric and Crowder (lost cause for them) to us for a future FRP. Lots of tax savings for a team over the line.
    I think they're looking to add talent for this season more than trying to generate tax savings....but either way, reports that they are willing to offer up their first is encouraging for us...the more buyers out there the better..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, PHX is definitely making a push right now. They need to save their window, although tbh their team chemistry looks pretty bad. At least their ownership isn't a useless . Just don't know what they can do to save things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm Phoenix, I'd do everything possible to get the most out of Ayton right now, and dumping Saric & getting Poeltl would be a perfect follow up of that. There's not such a large difference in performance as suggested by their perceived trade value. IMO that's their ONE card to play to get back into contention in the short term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm Phoenix, I'd do everything possible to get the most out of Ayton right now, and dumping Saric & getting Poeltl would be a perfect follow up of that. There's not such a large difference in performance as suggested by their perceived trade value. IMO that's their ONE card to play to get back into contention in the short term.
    Wonder if Indy still wants Ayton, and if so, how badly.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of trying to get Phoenix's first this year. Even if they make a strong run at the end of the season, it could easily be a #21-24 pick instead of the #27-30 you'd expect from a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHO isn't even in the PO picture as of today. It's not Poetl who would make them a contender. Their window has probably already closed and with the change of ownership (even though Sarver still has some power) not sure they'd really be wiling to go all in, but rather already prepare the future, then keeping their picks.

I don't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHO isn't even in the PO picture as of today. It's not Poetl who would make them a contender. Their window has probably already closed and with the change of ownership (even though Sarver still has some power) not sure they'd really be wiling to go all in, but rather already preapre the future, then keeping their picks.

I don't know.
    It's if Phoenix uses Ayton in a larger deal that could see Poeltl rise as a replacement. I doubt they throw in the towel with most their core (basically everyone other than Chris Paul) in their mid 20s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Indy still wants Ayton, and if so, how badly.
    I suspect the fate of Ayton, Myles Turner and Poeltl could be intertwined, in that a chip moving opens one path for the others, and closes another. We may see all of them moving, or none at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHO isn't even in the PO picture as of today. It's not Poetl who would make them a contender. Their window has probably already closed and with the change of ownership (even though Sarver still has some power) not sure they'd really be wiling to go all in, but rather already prepare the future, then keeping their picks.

I don't know.
    They're in the playoff picture. Almost the entire league is hovering around .500.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's if Phoenix uses Ayton in a larger deal that could see Poeltl rise as a replacement. I doubt they throw in the towel with most their core (basically everyone other than Chris Paul) in their mid 20s.
    Who out there would want Ayton?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who out there would want Ayton?
    I read rumors about Toronto, Indiana wanted him last offseason, and you never know. There's not a huge market for centers at that price tag, but say Toronto wants to make the most out of VanVleet and/or Gary Trent Jr before losing them in free agency, that could be a viable pathway to Ayton moving. But Poeltl is sort of a middle fish out there, and as such it may take other bigger fish moving first (Ayton, Myles Turner -according to the perception of the market, as it seems-) or smaller ones for those looking for a patch (Ibaka). We may have to wait until the last minute to find out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, PHX is definitely making a push right now. They need to save their window, although tbh their team chemistry looks pretty bad. At least their ownership isn't a useless . Just don't know what they can do to save things.
    If they suddenly talk themselves into a Crowder-Collins swap, I'm sure we can be a dumping ground for whatever filler (Saric, Shatmat etc.) ATL doesn't want to take back for a price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read rumors about Toronto, Indiana wanted him last offseason, and you never know. There's not a huge market for centers at that price tag, but say Toronto wants to make the most out of VanVleet and/or Gary Trent Jr before losing them in free agency, that could be a viable pathway to Ayton moving. But Poeltl is sort of a middle fish out there, and as such it may take other bigger fish moving first (Ayton, Myles Turner -according to the perception of the market, as it seems-) or smaller ones for those looking for a patch (Ibaka). We may have to wait until the last minute to find out.
    I could see Toronto...not seeing Indy really... I could also see a contender (or quasi contender) in the east doing something for him but I haven't really given it to much thought.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they suddenly talk themselves into a Crowder-Collins swap, I'm sure we can be a dumping ground for whatever filler (Saric, Shatmat etc.) ATL doesn't want to take back for a price.
    That's probably more likely than moving Jak there..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania@ShamsCharania

The Milwaukee Bucks and center Serge Ibaka have mutually agreed to find the 14-year NBA veteran a new home via trade as he remains away from the team, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

10:14am · 20 Jan 2023 · TweetDeck

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Milwaukee Bucks and center Serge Ibaka have mutually agreed to find the 14-year NBA veteran a new home via trade as he remains away from the team, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

They can address their shooting needs with Dougie, we buy out Serge. They also send us over Marchon and Ted Cruz’s doppelgänger.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why is he away from the team? What has happened?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns fans did not know what was in store when they were up 2 - 0 against Milwaukee. Lost that series. Then the following year choke a game 7 and losing by 40. Oh well, they can still about 2007.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant Williams injured again in Boston. Jak’s value appreciating.

Thread Information