Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    just paid $1,060 for my renewal, so rate didnt go up by all that much
    Year? Aren't there only a couple companies that offer annual plans instead of ty 6-month coverage? Like obviously throwing out USAA because most people can't get it, which other major companies offer this? Only one I know of is Liberty Mutual.

For full coverage on my 2020 Camry it was going to be like $5k per year. that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Dude, you are a trip, man

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Mine went up about $70/month for each car with Progressive (took off two older cars for two new cars in the past few months to be fair).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    [QUOTE=Millennial_Messiah;10854002]Anyone else see a HUGE car insurance e between the last 6 month term and the upcoming one?

Seems like Texas hiked the state minimum liability big time.

After the discount I'm going from around $700 to over $1100 (for only 6 months, not the whole year) and that's with no new accidents, incidents, or changes in coverage. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/QUO

"texas" doesn't hike rates, companies do.

Insurance companies make a lot of their money on bond investments. With rising interest rates, those bonds are worth a lot less, so they have to make up rates somehow, and there is just the fact that when claim costs go up, they have to make THAT up as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Year? Aren't there only a couple companies that offer annual plans instead of ty 6-month coverage? Like obviously throwing out USAA because most people can't get it, which other major companies offer this? Only one I know of is Liberty Mutual.

Almost all auto polices are annual policies. They just let you pay monthly because most people like that and don't have the financial discipline to save up money and pay once per year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol, inflation is largely a democrat keynesian spending problem... yes 10-15 GOP grifted onto the dems spending bill, but all dems except for maybe 102 voted for it

The car insurance rate hikes seem to be a direct relation to the Texas legislature increasing the state minimums for liability by around 30-35%. Which is due to car values going up by about that much and that is due to inflation which is due to keynesian spending which is more of a Democrat federal problem than GOP.

Not that Trump isn't immune from some blame for spending in April 2020 but the Dems deserve most of it.
    "democrat keynesian" :LOL

Inflation is due to a lot of reshoring industrial capacity. Get used to it, because China's demographics are imploding at the same time their government proves itself a bad faith, unstable partner.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

DUIs will do that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DUIs will do that.
    His driving history is as bad as his browsing history!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    5 grand for a 2020 camry.. .yeah. I am guessing there are several tickets on his record.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    DUIs will do that.
    No

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Nope

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Failed attempts at picking on me

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    "democrat keynesian" :LOL

Inflation is due to a lot of reshoring industrial capacity. Get used to it, because China's demographics are imploding at the same time their government proves itself a bad faith, unstable partner.
    Quan ative easing, government spending, Trump Tariffs

but for some reason the prices didn't go up in 2019 in spite of the tariffs

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    5 grand for a 2020 camry.. .yeah. I am guessing there are several tickets on his record.
    ZERO tickets, zero criminal offenses.

Just hitting a deer 6 total times in the past 6 years, in 6 different states (actually 5 and 1 month at this point, and 1 is going to fall off after next month) &, therefore, 6 insurance claims. Though NOT MY FAULT. Just rotten luck.

But none of them at-fault to me and yet that stupid C.L.U.E. just generically labels them as "accidents" and allows them to more than double my rate. Even for ing liability. What the . I've never been in a crash with another car and never gotten a ticket.

Instead of focusing on forgiving ing student loan debt to plebs that signed contracts, how about abolishing the C.L.U.E. system?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ZERO tickets, zero criminal offenses.

Just hitting a deer 6 total times in the past 6 years, in 6 different states (actually 5 and 1 month at this point, and 1 is going to fall off after next month) &, therefore, 6 insurance claims. Though NOT MY FAULT. Just rotten luck.

But none of them at-fault to me and yet that stupid C.L.U.E. just generically labels them as "accidents" and allows them to more than double my rate. Even for ing liability. What the . I've never been in a crash with another car and never gotten a ticket.

Instead of focusing on forgiving ing student loan debt to plebs that signed contracts, how about abolishing the C.L.U.E. system?
    Just hitting a deer 6 total times in the past 6 years
    That is not "bad luck" that is driving in places with deer, and likely faster than you should, if I were to guess. Both of which absolutely means it is more than fair to add to your risk profile.

That said, you should talk to an underwriter for your company, not just an insurance agent. UW does sometimes have SOME leeway, especially if you are with a company for a while.

Shop around a bit, you may find some company whose UW guidelines allow them to score you a bit lower. I have rarely seen UW guidelines (my work has me reviewing these on a regular basis, usually for car insurance) that would allow for that leeway, but the longer you have a streak without similar incidents, the more likely you are to be granted whatever leeway they have.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

For some reason.

Think hard.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    That is not "bad luck" that is driving in places with deer, and likely faster than you should, if I were to guess. Both of which absolutely means it is more than fair to add to your risk profile.

That said, you should talk to an underwriter for your company, not just an insurance agent. UW does sometimes have SOME leeway, especially if you are with a company for a while.

Shop around a bit, you may find some company whose UW guidelines allow them to score you a bit lower. I have rarely seen UW guidelines (my work has me reviewing these on a regular basis, usually for car insurance) that would allow for that leeway, but the longer you have a streak without similar incidents, the more likely you are to be granted whatever leeway they have.
    Not faster than I should. I don't speed. I barely cruise 2-3 MPH over the speed limit and in-car speedometers are always a couple MPH bullish anyway.

If i'm behind a truck instead of passing if they're going a few under especially on rural roads or if it's not broad daylight, i'll tailgate them. Gets good MPG and pretty much guarantees I won't hit the deer.

Driving in places with deer? Everywhere rural that's not desert has deer. Rural people pay LESS for car insurance vs. city people.

Talking to an agent/UW might be an option - though all 6 "incidents" are exactly pretty much the same, deer claims though one was obviously worse than the other 5, which were all lower four-figure claims, while the Illinois Halloween 2021 midnight deer driving 72MPH on a 70MPH on I-57 northbound just thirteen miles north of Missouri, all but totaled my car and was a ~$25K claim that Progressive pretty much had to eat apart from my $250 deductible.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    For some reason.

Think hard.
    Because we had 1.3% inflation that year in spite of the tariffs. Because government spending was low and we didn't have that stimulus crap that McConnell forced through in early spring 2020 which was re ed and unfair.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    another issue is, you get a huge "discount" (though still ungodly expensive) when buying car insurance online vs. calling a live agent, so you lose that "discount" and pay more when you have to talk to an agent vs. shopping online

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It would be much cheaper to get a hunting license and a hunting lease!

One, sure, an accident, two, god hates you, but 6, that is poaching and game warden is obviously on to you with insurance company.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    MM opined:

----
    RG was amused:
    For some reason.

Think hard.

Because we had 1.3% inflation that year in spite of the tariffs. Because government spending was low and we didn't have that stimulus crap that McConnell forced through in early spring 2020 which was re ed and unfair.
    Sooo you can't think of any other reason inflation might have been mitigated in 2019? none at all?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Sooo you can't think of any other reason inflation might have been mitigated in 2019? none at all?
    Well, it definitely wasn't Covid, in spite of the slightly misleading nickname "COVID-19", which did not spread globally until February 2020 and did not achieve epidemic/pandemic level status until March.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    It would be much cheaper to get a hunting license and a hunting lease!

One, sure, an accident, two, god hates you, but 6, that is poaching and game warden is obviously on to you with insurance company.
    It needs to be federal law that all major routes (interstate, US-routes, and state highways) have guard fences on the road side of trees on both sides to prevent animals especially deer from jumping into the road. That is human territory. The woods are animals' territory.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    MM opined:

----
    RG was amused:
    For some reason.

Think hard.

Well then?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It needs to be federal law that all major routes (interstate, US-routes, and state highways) have guard fences on the road side of trees on both sides to prevent animals especially deer from jumping into the road. That is human territory. The woods are animals' territory.
    So now you are in favor of big government, higher taxes to build/maintain fences, and big government overreach?

Thread Information