Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Anyone else see a HUGE car insurance e between the last 6 month term and the upcoming one?

Seems like Texas hiked the state minimum liability big time.

After the discount I'm going from around $700 to over $1100 (for only 6 months, not the whole year) and that's with no new accidents, incidents, or changes in coverage. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    It’s based on your posting history.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    It’s based on your posting history.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Anyone else see a HUGE car insurance e between the last 6 month term and the upcoming one?

After the discount I'm going from around $700 to over $1100 (for only 6 months, not the whole year) and that's with no new accidents, incidents, or changes in coverage. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Yep, I got hit with a huge increase too with no explanation .

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Mine only went up $120 over 6 months with USAA but it still sucks

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

keep voting republican…

you get what you pay for…

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    In DC?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    keep voting republican…

you get what you pay for…
    Lol, inflation is largely a democrat keynesian spending problem... yes 10-15 GOP grifted onto the dems spending bill, but all dems except for maybe 102 voted for it

The car insurance rate hikes seem to be a direct relation to the Texas legislature increasing the state minimums for liability by around 30-35%. Which is due to car values going up by about that much and that is due to inflation which is due to keynesian spending which is more of a Democrat federal problem than GOP.

Not that Trump isn't immune from some blame for spending in April 2020 but the Dems deserve most of it.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Mine only went up $120 over 6 months with USAA but it still sucks
    And most of us can't access USAA. USAA is the cheapest in the market I believe by a good margin but it's not available to most people.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If USAA is the cheapest, I'd hate to see everyone else's bills. With four vehicles and homeowners insurance, USAA gets a hefty sum from me.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Lol, inflation is largely a democrat keynesian spending problem... yes 10-15 GOP grifted onto the dems spending bill, but all dems except for maybe 102 voted for it
    What a load. Our inflation right now is corporate profiteering; corporate profits are at a 70 year high.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And most of us can't access USAA. USAA is the cheapest in the market I believe by a good margin but it's not available to most people.
    Man...I'm glad USAA was mentioned. I used to have this when I was younger through my parents. If I understand their new policy, I can get back on it even after they're deceased.
    I totaled a car two months after buying it and they just about covered the full price.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Man...I'm glad USAA was mentioned. I used to have this when I was younger through my parents. If I understand their new policy, I can get back on it even after they're deceased.
    I totaled a car two months after buying it and they just about covered the full price.
    not everyone is lucky enough to have daddy be a veteran.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    not everyone is lucky enough to have daddy be a veteran.
    What the does that even mean.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What the does that even mean.
    Yeah it's based on posting history not sure what he is on about.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I thought you were making 200K/yr. Why are you ing about 1% of that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Yep, largest increase I've ever had.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As far as I know, once you're a USAA member, you're a member for life. So yes you should be able to go back.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As far as I know, once you're a USAA member, you're a member for life. So yes you should be able to go back.
    Yeah...I think they changed this at some point. Or maybe when my parents died, it was dropped and I couldn't pick it up again. But now, I think they broadened the qualifications.
    That being said, I've heard from some family members that they've been disappointed in USAA over the last few years. Which I suppose you could say about any insurance company.

We have Farmer's for almost everything and I called in to check what our insurance coverage was for our house (due to a lot of fires in our area) and we were under insured by 50% due to house prices and replacement costs.
    I'd think this is something that the agent would have called me about.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yep, largest increase I've ever had.
    Ouch.

One thing I do know is that drivers have gotten worse in pretty much all high populated parts in the USA in general. Maybe it's the increase in drug use, including recreational weed?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I thought you were making 200K/yr. Why are you ing about 1% of that?
    Every dollar matters especially when your career is a Jenga block tower like mine is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Every dollar matters especially when your career is a Jenga block tower like mine is.
    So you're making $200,000 and your insurance went up $240 per year and you can't figure out how to offset that by reducing some other expenses?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    So you're making $200,000 and your insurance went up $240 per year and you can't figure out how to offset that by reducing some other expenses?
    Went up by closer to $1000 per year (close to 500 every six months) but the point is is that "making 200k a year" is a misnomer and fool's gold like saying the 2022 Vikings were a good team because they won 13 games. My career is a jenga block tower and built on a foundation of quicksand. Once the IT world determines covid is officially "over" and everybody has to go back into the office full time, my income is zero or maybe a few thousand a year from bonds on 1099-INT. Maybe I'll get lucky and qualify for some money from the government... but in any case my W2 income goes to zero.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i use nationwide. for both my cars i pay about 960/year. hadnt experienced any jumps or anything like that, though im not due for a term renewal until june, so i'll check it out around then.

unless its something crazy i doubt i'll care much. living in charlottesville, from a pure cost of living perspective, is so freaking easy compared to what i grew up used to in LA . even on a single income. for reference, ive been paying just under 1k/year to insure 2 cars. back in LA, the cheaper of those 2 cars would cost me about 1k every 6 months. so yeah, given that, idgaf if my rate jumps by 50%

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    For cars and homes, the market value of each has risen significantly. Couple that with shortages in skilled labor for repairs, auto part availabilities and turn around times (and rental car prices), I can see why the price increases. Haven't noticed it yet though.

Thread Information