Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Went up by closer to $1000 per year (close to 500 every six months) but the point is is that "making 200k a year" is a misnomer and fool's gold like saying the 2022 Vikings were a good team because they won 13 games. My career is a jenga block tower and built on a foundation of quicksand. Once the IT world determines covid is officially "over" and everybody has to go back into the office full time, my income is zero or maybe a few thousand a year from bonds on 1099-INT. Maybe I'll get lucky and qualify for some money from the government... but in any case my W2 income goes to zero.
    You're the one who misnomered it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    I can attest to the fact that my 109K 2018 income (living in Dallas) is NOT rich or upper-middle class by any standards. It's middle-middle-class at best.
    Annually...

Below 50K is impoverished
    50K-150K is lower middle class
    150K-250K is middle middle class
    250K-1M is upper middle class
    1M+ is just rich.
    Went up by closer to $1000 per year (close to 500 every six months) but the point is is that "making 200k a year" is a misnomer and fool's gold like saying the 2022 Vikings were a good team because they won 13 games. My career is a jenga block tower and built on a foundation of quicksand. Once the IT world determines covid is officially "over" and everybody has to go back into the office full time, my income is zero or maybe a few thousand a year from bonds on 1099-INT. Maybe I'll get lucky and qualify for some money from the government... but in any case my W2 income goes to zero.
    Did anyone else here know COVID started in 2018?

You tell so many lies you'll eventually meet yourself going in the other direction.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Did anyone else here know COVID started in 2018?

You tell so many lies you'll eventually meet yourself going in the other direction.
    right, but my income for 2020 and 2022 was north of 400k, and in 2021 it was just north of 500k. It peaked and it's now on a downward trend, and before covid as you could see I was in that mediocre 100k-200k bracket, but back then I was actually fine with going to an office because work from home being the norm was pretty much unheard-of pre covid, and now I've been completely WFH for almost 3 years I will not even consider going back to an office full time.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Per my insurance buddy, its across the board. Increased costs of materials in accidents, replacement vehicles, medical services in the event an injury, etc. Our current climate has caused it and the man with no accidents or tickets is footing the bill. Corporations have been doing like this since the beginning of time.

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    right, but my income for 2020 and 2022 was north of 400k, and in 2021 it was just north of 500k. It peaked and it's now on a downward trend, and before covid as you could see I was in that mediocre 100k-200k bracket, but back then I was actually fine with going to an office because work from home being the norm was pretty much unheard-of pre covid, and now I've been completely WFH for almost 3 years I will not even consider going back to an office full time.
    How do people make so much money?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Covid

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Laugh all you want, but that's a statement echoed by a lot of folks who have been nestled in a long term WFH situation since March 2020.

Elon Musk can go himself honestly over his mandatory 5-days-in-the-office policy for tech workers in his companies, especially considering the exorbitant California gas prices and traffic there. He's not doing right by his own employees.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Income is revenue minus the cost of doing business. If you're saying you pay 75% income taxes (you said in one thread you net less than 100K but made over 400K) you should explain how that works. Otherwise you're calling revenue "income".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    He doesn’t. I work in the tech world and 90% of what Andy spouts is so far off base. I pressed him in the past on what specifically he does for work, but never got a straight answer. He just used buzzwords to try and pass himself off. If Andy even works in the tech world, which I highly doubt, he is most likely help desk or desktop support tbh.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    He doesn’t. I work in the tech world and 90% of what Andy spouts is so far off base. I pressed him in the past on what specifically he does for work, but never got a straight answer. He just used buzzwords to try and pass himself off. If Andy even works in the tech world, which I highly doubt, he is most likely help desk or desktop support tbh.

Those guys are beneath me and are lucky to crack 50k pre covid or 60k post bidenflation/covid.

Also, those guys do way more actual work than me. I don't think I'm capable of doing that kind of work. Too tedious and menial.

I've said it before numerous times - my best job skill is interviewing. My second best job skill is answering emails professionally enough to not get canned and string out my employment as long as possible.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Income is revenue minus the cost of doing business. If you're saying you pay 75% income taxes (you said in one thread you net less than 100K but made over 400K) you should explain how that works. Otherwise you're calling revenue "income".
    I did lose $334k on a business deal last year straight up.

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    55k is average income for Dallas

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    he's a pathological liar. one of the reasons i put him on ignore a while ago

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bed Bath and Beyond is closing 87 more stores.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/01/busin...ist/index.html

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hopefully Andy's store isn't one of the ones effected.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hopefully Andy's store isn't one of the ones effected.
    Yeah...I get that. Imagine a community left in the dark where they have no one to recommend what towels to purchase.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    I did lose $334k on a business deal last year straight up.
    This reeks of a convenient patch for your slip-up. If you lose that much on a business deal, that means you didn't make 400K. Which is it bro? Did you net less than 100K while making 400K or did you lose 334K while making 400K meaning you made less than 66K before taxes. Businesses who have that many business expenses don't ignore losses when they talk about their earnings, unless you've never seen an earnings report you should know this.

I'm not calling you a liar, but your accounting is sus.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    This reeks of a convenient patch for your slip-up. If you lose that much on a business deal, that means you didn't make 400K. Which is it bro? Did you net less than 100K while making 400K or did you lose 334K while making 400K meaning you made less than 66K before taxes. Businesses who have that many business expenses don't ignore losses when they talk about their earnings, unless you've never seen an earnings report you should know this.

He is 100% a liar. Feel free to call him that all you want

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

I made 450K on W2 and lost 334K on a separate business deal because either the California guy my college frat buddy / best friend was working with duped us, or the real estate firm in Illinois that the California LLC invested in duped them, or both. Simple as that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He is 100% a liar. Feel free to call him that all you want
    So if ducks has more tech business experience than MM, imagine how much more he earns? A regular DaddyWarDucks, damn!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    I made 450K on W2 and lost 334K on a separate business deal because either the California guy my college frat buddy / best friend was working with duped us, or the real estate firm in Illinois that the California LLC invested in duped them, or both. Simple as that.
    You should really take some business classes. Your story goofs would be flagged all day on IMDB if it was a movie script.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i use nationwide. for both my cars i pay about 960/year. hadnt experienced any jumps or anything like that, though im not due for a term renewal until june, so i'll check it out around then.

unless its something crazy i doubt i'll care much. living in charlottesville, from a pure cost of living perspective, is so freaking easy compared to what i grew up used to in LA . even on a single income. for reference, ive been paying just under 1k/year to insure 2 cars. back in LA, the cheaper of those 2 cars would cost me about 1k every 6 months. so yeah, given that, idgaf if my rate jumps by 50%
    just paid $1,060 for my renewal, so rate didnt go up by all that much

Thread Information