Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can kind of get some animosity with parker, being a score first point guard and worst of all french

But the comments about breaking him and mind games and they were so mean they didn't give me the starting spot right away just come off as super soft and en led.. he was developed perfectly by the spurs, as was Jax for that matter..

Poor idiots don't realize they would have never gotten paid if it weren't for the spurs "breaking" (educating) their dumb asses

Watching that pod immediately reminded me of the Chris rock keeping it real standup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a clown. such a fake loser. glad he's gone tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an immature moron! Good riddance.

It makes the TD-Manu-TP core and the previous David Robinson generation just even more respectable. Winning cores require a lot of front office and coaching efforts, but ultimately it is the players who are the key ingredients. Having TD, Manu, TP, and D-Rob made the life of Pop and RCB much so easier. The next generation of sorts - Nephew and later, this moron Murray, exemplify the immaturity of most players in the NBA who are spoiled by money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    enrique was nothing more then a coatrider....this clown reminds me of that cuck pippen/horry, trying to get more credit then they actually deserve....
    lol putting Porker and Pippen in the same sentence

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, in fairness to Dejounte:

1. No he wasn't good enough to start when he was drafted and no, he wasn't ready to play point guard. But that's the hardest position to learn in the NBA and while he did legitimately look terrible to the NBA fan his first year, he certainly transformed in 3 years. Yes, the Spurs are great at developing talent, but it takes two to develop and DJM clearly put in the work and reaped the benefits.

2. As to the mental games, I don't see him as different than any other team from high school on. For every team, there is one or two guys that are head and shoulder above the rest. Everyone else has more or less enough skills that a coach could go one way or the other. So coaches just kind of pick their guy and that may change during the season or not. And if you are a talented player and you see yourself as better than someone playing in front of you, then it's human nature to try and get in the head of the coach and try and come up with why the coach thinks the way he does. So all that talk about putting one in his place or mind games, I think that's probably common on every NBA team and the only guy not thinking that way is the one who gets the ball and all the plays. And that guy is may be more concerned with keeping that role than winning.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is a clown. If you’re unsure, consider what he pulled with Jabari Smith Jr., for absolutely no reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23-22 with the Hawks as da man along with Tre.

Hit us back when you advance in the playoffs, fake gangsta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sunday March 19 @ San Antonio.

Hope some of you can give him an earful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever said DJ gives off “I’m the main character energy” absolutely nailed it. Such a perfect, concise summation of the way he views the world around him.

DJ and SJax obviously hold huge grudges against Tony, who I’m sure doesn’t think about them at all.

What strikes me through all of this is that you never hear DJ striving about winning a championship. Maybe that’s a function of the teams he has been on, or maybe its a glimpse into more of that “I’m the main character” energy. DJ isn’t driven by team accomplishments, but rather his own individual success. The way he talks about his rookie season and viewing it as some kind of mind game the Spurs put him through seems to reinforce this idea.

Honestly, DJ prob needs to spend some time with the team therapist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Murray take this down? I'd like to respond to the dip but don't see the post on his Twitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Murray take this down? I'd like to respond to the dip but don't see the post on his Twitter.
    It was on Instagram. Look up spursmemes_ and it is on their second post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was on Instagram. Look up spursmemes_ and it is on their second post.
    I wonder how many ST’s already flooded replied to that clown. I did

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how many ST’s already flooded replied to that clown. I did
    Yeah that'll show him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that'll show him
    Probably will make him take it all back, call TP and Pop how sorry he is, and it was just Capt Jack was nudging him??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that'll show him
    Just did, just for fun... Many dudes said he would just fade quicky, and that's probably the truth, specially with that at ude, being traded here or there still thinking he's da man (Melo style) before becoming a bench vet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I think Murray's comments on the Spurs were influenced by SJ being his interviewer. He said some good stuff about the Spurs, they drafted him, they developed him (and he worked hard too), and they paid him when he was injured. They gave him an opportunity when everyone else passed and they gave him the team last year to be the leader.

But it's a given he's not going to on there and rah rah the Spurs when SJAX is there and is negative on the Spurs. Even SJAX can't be 100 percent negative. He is mostly negative about Tony and the way he left the second time, but he said some good stuff about the organization too. I think him getting cut the last time hurt his feelings. Yes, even guys with rough backgrounds have feelings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at this point the fans and organization probably believe more in the draft picks your trade brought back than they ever believed in you DJM

lol throwing lapro under the bus. I love how for Murray to succeed everyone has to suck his . Tony has to bow down and mentor him, Lapro has to bow down and leave the mins for him, D White has to quit being so compatible with the coaches for him.

Imagine Manu and TD squabbling bout run/touches one win away from a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing he left that 95% out that would of made us hate the spurs fo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23-22 with the Hawks as da man along with Tre.

Hit us back when you advance in the playoffs, fake gangsta.
    Yeah, the way those millionaires try to talk like street/gangsta guys between themselves is hilarious..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray himself acknowledges draft day uncertainties surrounding his off the court involvements in this very interview. Pop gave him an open door into the league he might not have fully received elsewhere. I don't know, it's debatable. But Murray's game was RAW coming into the league, plus the red flags about his personal life? Spurs gave him a huge opportunity and he still doesn't feel like the franchise was invested enough on him? Spurs gave him more or less 3 seasons alone just to turn a corner. He was homegrown which SA has a history of valuing.

His at ude is what limited his relationship with San Antonio, not choices from the coaching staff.

I bet front office is LOVING this now though, for all the fanbase that second-guessed the Murray trade last summer its like, hey, this is what we were seeing internally, now you know, now you see the value in that trade crystalize a bit hopefully. Perfect lipstick on the pig sell high moment from Wright. Masterful franchise management through some tumultuous lately while still making sick trades like the White deal and this Murray deal now in hindsight?

Brian Wrong, more like Brian RIGHT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray himself acknowledges draft day uncertainties surrounding his off the court involvements in this very interview. Pop gave him an open door into the league he might not have fully received elsewhere. I don't know, it's debatable. But Murray's game was RAW coming into the league, plus the red flags about his personal life? Spurs gave him a huge opportunity and he still doesn't feel like the franchise was invested enough on him? Spurs gave him more or less 3 seasons alone just to turn a corner. He was homegrown which SA has a history of valuing.

His at ude is what limited his relationship with San Antonio, not choices from the coaching staff.

I bet front office is LOVING this now though, for all the fanbase that second-guessed the Murray trade last summer its like, hey, this is what we were seeing internally, now you know, now you see the value in that trade crystalize a bit hopefully. Perfect lipstick on the pig sell high moment from Wright. Masterful franchise management through some tumultuous lately while still making sick trades like the White deal and this Murray deal now in hindsight?

Brian Wrong, more like Brian RIGHT.
    Both DJ and SJax lack the basic self-awareness to understand that the Spurs is what enabled them to have a career. They see it as being “held back” without realizing that the Spurs helped build them. Without his playoff performances versus PHX and DAL, SJax doesn’t get the deal he does from Atlanta. Without the Spurs development path that “held back” DJ, he’s probably out of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its really evident who watched the 2 minute clip vs who actually watched the interview

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that'll show him
    Idk he is a pretty emo dude in his feelings a lot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If any of you followed DJ on IG for the last several years, this isn't a surprise tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both DJ and SJax lack the basic self-awareness to understand that the Spurs is what enabled them to have a career. They see it as being “held back” without realizing that the Spurs helped build them. Without his playoff performances versus PHX and DAL, SJax doesn’t get the deal he does from Atlanta. Without the Spurs development path that “held back” DJ, he’s probably out of the league.
    Yes, being held back is all relative. Kevin Love was considered one of the best players in the league in Minnesota. When he went to play with Lebron in Cleveland, then he became a starting role player. He didn't stop knowing how to score 25 points a game and getting 14 rebounds. It was that his role changed. So in a way, yes, he was held back, but that is what it took to win. Players get held back all the time, not because they can't do more, but because winning requires it. You could say the same about Manu. I mean, SJax complains, but he went to GS where he had a chance Manu never really had. He had the chance to become the leader and best player on that team. He had the chance to score and put up his best stats and they were not good enough to win.

The Spurs "system" is to win games and play efficient basketball. Not produce "stars" who score 25 empty points. Lots of guys in this league can score 20 points when they get as many shots as they want. But if it doesn't translate to winning, then it's just empty points. SJax was just empty points in GS. I think Manu would have been better. And the reason why Manu is so admired by the Spurs is when he wasn't scoring 20 points, he was hustling, playing hard defense, diving for loose balls, and making the extra pass. Sure, people got excited by his occasional dunk or circus style layup, but it was the little things that made him a great player. Take away scoring and SJax was mostly useless. He was an ok defender, but not elite by any stretch. But he didn't contribute to winning other than hitting open threes thanks to Tim Duncan.

You could say Parker was also limited to just scoring ability, but his speed changed the game and was weaponized by the Spurs in a way that contributed to the Spurs being great. It took a unique skill set that Parker had. SJax, well he was more replaceable. I don't say that to rip on his time with the Spurs. He took advantage of his role and played well and that's kudos in the NBA bc not all role players do that. But Danny Green could hit open threes and play unique defense. And there are other guys like that you can find to fill a role.

Thread Information