Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jax comments on Parker don't make sense. He blames Parker for freezing him out of game 6 in OKC and says Tony was trash that game. But Tony only shot the ball 6 times in the 4th and made 3 of them. He didn't freeze Jax out at all. Also Tony had a pretty damn good game leading in points and assists. Manu was the one who struggled of the three and all the other role players as well.

And as far as Tony and DJ goes, why would Tony mentor anybody? The dude couldn't dribble, pass, or shoot. Wtf is he gonna mentor him on? Ok this is how you do a pocket pass. This is how you keep your handle under your waist. This is how you do a gooseneck so you don't have to do 20 foot floaters in an actual game. DJ was pretty trash early on.

Now it's a credit to DJ and his work ethic that he got his game to where it is now, but it's revisionist history for DJ to say the Spurs tried to break him when the dude couldn't pass, dribble, or shoot. He was already broken. Plus whining about Derrick White is hilarious to me. Dude couldn't handle playing in any other era than today's coddled NBA. Tim didn't talk to Tony for an entire ing year. Bruce tried to end Manu's career during a practice season his rookie year. Just soft stuff from DJ
    ing refs froze Jack out of Game 6 in OKC. Still can't ing believe he got a tech for staring down Mo Cheeks when Cheeks was running on the sideline and screaming at him right before Stack dropped that three right in front of their bench. Most ing rigged game ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made it 43 seconds. I feel like a genius after listening to these players talk. I'm actually surprised he didn't conduct the interview on Snapchat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care how good he is, could you imagine deep in the playoffs, a series defining possession, and the knucklehead is thinking bout his touches instead of our championship ring?

It's gonna rear its ugly head if he ever gets there before his issues are resolved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably my favorite part of this interview is Jackson's delusion that the spurs were scared of him and didnt want to face him when they finally waived him

he was literally one of the worst players in the NBA that season. couldnt defend anymore. couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, and committed about as many turnovers as assists. after we waived him he only appeared in 9 other games in his career and averaged 1 ppg

what a narcissist lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13:55 Murray acknowledgment and check out when the camera cuts to DJM in the crowd, lol, bad at ude from his body language.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porky catching a lot of strays this week tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the entire thing. It's honestly not THAT bad. The way people are reacting to this is like how snippets of Parker's interview were taken extremely out of context with regards to Kawhi leaving. Stephen Jackson definitely provokes more and speaks way more about the Spurs than DJ does. Sure DJ comes off a little en led expected TP to mentor him but I guess I would feel the same way coming in as a unorthodox super young PG in the Spurs coached by Pop. That's not on Parker to do that if he doesn't want to and DJ shouldn't hold a grudge because of that.

I'm glad we got the return for Dejounte that we did. Seemed like it would've gotten messy no matter what we did since we couldn't compete with him as our #1 guy. Dejounte probably will get into more trouble/controversy as he opens his mouth more and that's fine by me. Not the Spurs problem anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porky catching a lot of strays this week tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the entire thing. It's honestly not THAT bad. The way people are reacting to this is like how snippets of Parker's interview were taken extremely out of context with regards to Kawhi leaving. Stephen Jackson definitely provokes more and speaks way more about the Spurs than DJ does. Sure DJ comes off a little en led expected TP to mentor him but I guess I would feel the same way coming in as a unorthodox super young PG in the Spurs coached by Pop. That's not on Parker to do that if he doesn't want to and DJ shouldn't hold a grudge because of that.

I'm glad we got the return for Dejounte that we did. Seemed like it would've gotten messy no matter what we did since we couldn't compete with him as our #1 guy. Dejounte probably will get into more trouble/controversy as he opens his mouth more and that's fine by me. Not the Spurs problem anymore.
    It might be a bit diluted in the long ITV but if you add up, he talk a lot of trash and just saying today...

"Never Said Nothing Bad But The Truth And Left Out 95% Of Stuff That Would Really Have YALL Second Guessing Who You Cheering For..."

...is enough for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, the perception was at the time that Tony was the one who went to Pop championing for DJ to get the promotion for Starter. Where he drew the line however, was being shelved in favor of Patty Mills getting the backup PG minutes the next season.

He subsequently left in FA to go to Charlotte as backup PG, and as mentor to Kemba Walker for the majority of his lone season there.
    That was until Charlotte was under-performing and Borrego and the coaching staff had a candid conversation about embracing the youth
    for the final part of the season which meant sitting TP down permanently. He subsequently retired at the end of the year.

The story, (as with most things in life) probably resides somewhere in the middle of TP and DJ's recollection of events. Stephen Jackson however should not be called on as a "Key witness" as that guys recollection, perceived grievances are likely self-inflicted.
    "They could have one more championships except for TP being selfish..." yet they dumped you going into the 2014 Playoffs and went on to win another....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too few people don't allow for Murray being foolish and prone to mistakes. I don't miss him, but I don't think he should get dragged for having a complicated opinion on a place he spent so much of his early adult life. He's trying to strike out and build his brand and deal with the consequences of the trade. Without a filter, he's going to say stuff that's all over place. While I imagine his overall view of the Spurs is pretty positive, I also think it's not that hard to get into a headspace where he's very critical. That's basically where Jack lives, but I think DJM only goes there at certain times, like when he feels the need to defend himself from criticism. Obviously the Parker stuff is ridiculous, but he probably won't be able to understand Tony's perspective (as he interprets it) until/unless he finds himself in a similar position. Could easily be an Aaron Rodgers situation.

I don't think DJM's likeable, but I do think it's not hard to see his basic humanity throw his flaws. I hope he's not helping the Hawks win games in 2025, but I wish him no ill before then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not that DJM is on the same level, but Brett Farve didn't want to groom Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers has no desire to groom Jordan Love.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll say this after listening to pretty much the whole thing, I came away liking him more and also liking him less if that makes any sense. I feel pretty confident that he is completely speaking his mind as far as how he sees it. The problem is how he sees situation seems so different than how most people perceive it. It’s hard for me to take him seriously. Or maybe another way to put it is where he comes from and where the Spurs front office comes from are so different and it’s shocking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jax comments on Parker don't make sense. He blames Parker for freezing him out of game 6 in OKC and says Tony was trash that game. But Tony only shot the ball 6 times in the 4th and made 3 of them. He didn't freeze Jax out at all. Also Tony had a pretty damn good game leading in points and assists. Manu was the one who struggled of the three and all the other role players as well.

And as far as Tony and DJ goes, why would Tony mentor anybody? The dude couldn't dribble, pass, or shoot. Wtf is he gonna mentor him on? Ok this is how you do a pocket pass. This is how you keep your handle under your waist. This is how you do a gooseneck so you don't have to do 20 foot floaters in an actual game. DJ was pretty trash early on.

Now it's a credit to DJ and his work ethic that he got his game to where it is now, but it's revisionist history for DJ to say the Spurs tried to break him when the dude couldn't pass, dribble, or shoot. He was already broken. Plus whining about Derrick White is hilarious to me. Dude couldn't handle playing in any other era than today's coddled NBA. Tim didn't talk to Tony for an entire ing year. Bruce tried to end Manu's career during a practice season his rookie year. Just soft stuff from DJ
    DJ uses social media to post like a emotional woman. I'm not surprised he's soft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting all defensive team selection, yet never lock down anyone....that selection he received that year was nothing more then a consolation prize for the spurs by the league being a yes man trading away nephew

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker is one of the best point guards in the history of the NBA, while Murray is one of the dumbest players in the NBA. I'm sure Tony or pretty much anyone with brain really cares what a re has to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker man, what a legend. Love that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't post here as much as I used to but just gotta say this: Murray and JACKSON. My history here shows I've been a Murray guy too but those comments were completely baseless and unnecessary. He also used to talk about Kawhi leaving too and now he likes him? that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What bothered me more about the whole interview is Murray inferring that Pop disrespected him after White started getting more run. Not cool at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, the perception was at the time that Tony was the one who went to Pop championing for DJ to get the promotion for Starter. Where he drew the line however, was being shelved in favor of Patty Mills getting the backup PG minutes the next season.

He subsequently left in FA to go to Charlotte as backup PG, and as mentor to Kemba Walker for the majority of his lone season there.
    That was until Charlotte was under-performing and Borrego and the coaching staff had a candid conversation about embracing the youth
    for the final part of the season which meant sitting TP down permanently. He subsequently retired at the end of the year.

The story, (as with most things in life) probably resides somewhere in the middle of TP and DJ's recollection of events. Stephen Jackson however should not be called on as a "Key witness" as that guys recollection, perceived grievances are likely self-inflicted.
    "They could have one more championships except for TP being selfish..." yet they dumped you going into the 2014 Playoffs and went on to win another....
    TP only left so that he could create the best piece of trivia ever, like the boss that he is - the only player in NBA history with a winning record against all 30 teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is undeniably true. But that's part of what makes the best players so good. They always have the belief but they are the best and that is the case even when they aren't. This is why Timmy and Manu are so special. To be that good and be humble is crazy. I don't fault Tony for not having that as his pride was part of the reason he was so good, but he wasn't a life long spur and I'd bet he regrets that a bit now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made it 43 seconds. I feel like a genius after listening to these players talk. I'm actually surprised he didn't conduct the interview on Snapchat.
    That's your problem, you listened 1 second too long. The answer to the universe is 42.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't post here as much as I used to but just gotta say this: Murray and JACKSON. My history here shows I've been a Murray guy too but those comments were completely baseless and unnecessary. He also used to talk about Kawhi leaving too and now he likes him? that .
    I've never seen one Spur speak negatively about neph. I always wanted one to come out and roast him, and I mean really ROAST his ass, but no one ever did. David took the high road. Duncan took the high road. Manu. Tony. Patty. And on down the line.

And of course you had players like Robert Horry and SJax defending neph at the time.

Spurs got on during that time and have never recovered. Might have been our peak on the Spur timeline unless we can reverse the curse. As it is now, I have little doubt that ping pong ball will not land on the Spurs. Charlotte or Detroit will get it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your problem, you listened 1 second too long. The answer to the universe is 42.
    And thanks for all the fish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is just one of those deluded, attention queens who sees the universe only from his own little perspective, where he's da man and the world just exists for him, with anything going against that being "mind games" or people wanting to hurt him. Zero distance or introsprection...

Imagine he believes he was smarter than an all time great coach + an all time great GM (Bufford) in team filled with future HOFers and thinks that a 5 time NBA champion franchise had nothing better to do that play "mind games" with a no name rookie... It's called teaching, genius.

TP earned the starting spot, 4 games into his NBA career cos he was not just fast but really smart and able to get spurs complicated system, like that "point guard from Argentina" did while Murray will always be clueless, That's the difference between an HOFer and some random talented guy nobody will remember...

And TP had hiw own litlle disagreements with the spurs, reason why he left but he didn't burn the house behind him. Time and karma will catch Murray and his delusion.

Thread Information