Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge left when his contract was up. Kawhi forced his way out with two years and an option year left. He didn’t leave ‘just like Aldridge’.
    So Aldridge left his team for nothing while the Spurs got a return for him that you have celebrated on a number of occasions. I'm not sure if that's worse. As I said the Spurs are now forever aware that they can lose stars after basically not having to worry about that outside of Tim flirting with the idea until David talked some sense into him and Doc Doc'd. It was a hard lesson, but they learned it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think I remember reading that Leonard cleared the air with Pop personally before he was even traded.
    Site owner cited something like '50-50' as to sharing blame of the Kawhi - Spurs fallout. Of course it apparently can never be revealed by those in the know.
    For all we know Popped may not have been a large or even small part of Uncles beef.

Sure, giving in to Muh Touches Aldridge whining like a selfish in the midst of a 67 win season can and did hurt Kawhis MVP chances and that legitimately could piss him off. But appears it was way way more then that and perhaps didn't even involve Pop.

Again, top secret will not be revealed. As to timvp i'm not buring on him at all, he's simply staying loyal to his source(s) and will not reveal per their assumed promises.

But no one in the media, 5 years later can say what came down? FFS.
    Oh well lets move on.

Conclusion. Pops huggy lovey dovey goes on with every team in his Overdue Retirement Tour. So the hugfest with Kawhi is a nothing burger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge inconceivably gets a bad rap on this board by some posters and it doesn’t make a bit of sense. Dude gave everythinghe had and was a great teammate. Literally carried the team on both ends of the court while neph refused to show up.

So what that he wanted out at one point. He didnt leave after pop and him had a conversation wherein pop acknowledged he was misusing Aldridge. They hashed it out privately then went on to give this team 2 more great seasons including an all-star appearance.

LA requested a trade in private. Never badmouthed this team, the organization, the coaches, the fans, the city. He was a huge FA and bascially played out his career here.

Quite frankly those of you that about LA don't ing get it or comprehend that he held this franchise together, practically single-handedly. Without him, thanks to the neph pulled, we'd currently be in year 6 of an officially declared rebuild.

Wake up and smell the suckage neph left. And get on your knees to praise LA for keeping us from being near the bottom of the league since.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think part of the bad taste is LA being fairly rigid in how he wanted to play. But I suppose that’s how it is with most star players. Really, the FO should have never tried to make LA and DDR both try to coexist for so long. But that’s the past.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that for convincing a star to sign in our small market you probably have to promise something accomodating with his playing style... in a team oriented style like ours have always been, that's probably a promise you can't make if if you malke its easy to see problems coming.
    No doubt that if such promise wasn't made probably LA would have signed with Phoenix instead...and who knows if Kawhi would have behaved in a different way...
    The point is that reputation and style and accountability are valuable in our organization, and its very difficult to mix them with a selfish star system...expecially, sorry to say this, with the USA star mentality.
    Needless to say that our three/four stars (Robinson, Duncan) of the championships were a) exceptional american people known not only for their exceptional basketball skills but for exceptional character qualities like intelligence, unselfishness and loyalty;
    b) people coming from different basketball cultures (european and latino american, Parker and Ginobili).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge inconceivably gets a bad rap on this board by some posters and it doesn’t make a bit of sense. Dude gave everythinghe had and was a great teammate. Literally carried the team on both ends of the court while neph refused to show up.

So what that he wanted out at one point. He didnt leave after pop and him had a conversation wherein pop acknowledged he was misusing Aldridge. They hashed it out privately then went on to give this team 2 more great seasons including an all-star appearance.

LA requested a trade in private. Never badmouthed this team, the organization, the coaches, the fans, the city. He was a huge FA and bascially played out his career here.

Quite frankly those of you that about LA don't ing get it or comprehend that he held this franchise together, practically single-handedly. Without him, thanks to the neph pulled, we'd currently be in year 6 of an officially declared rebuild.

Wake up and smell the suckage neph left. And get on your knees to praise LA for keeping us from being near the bottom of the league since.
    Kawhi did the same hahaha. He never even spoke at all to the media

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi did the same hahaha. He never even spoke at all to the media
    Someone here evidently never heard of uncle dennis and neph's agent and sister that were throwing shade at the spurs constantly through cowardly, untrue leaks.

LA never did that or anything close to it and shame on you for even attempting to conflate the two situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone here evidently never heard of uncle dennis and neph's agent and sister that were throwing shade at the spurs constantly through cowardly, untrue leaks.

LA never did that or anything close to it and shame on you for even attempting to conflate the two situations.
    I'm going to ask this one question. Have you ever heard Kawhi say anything? I don't give a damn if his entire family did it. The statement was that LA never said anything and I said, Kawhi didn't either. Did I lie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to ask this one question. Have you ever heard Kawhi say anything? I don't give a damn if his entire family did it. The statement was that LA never said anything and I said, Kawhi didn't either. Did I lie?
    Convenient that neph doesn't talk to anyone ever. He let others do his dirty work trashing the city, team, certain players, coaches including pop, medical staff, franchise even insinuating racism was at play.

neph said very little, you're right. even after demanding his way out he said nothing but that takes nothing away from letting his reps do it for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Convenient that neph doesn't talk to anyone ever. He let others do his dirty work trashing the city, team, certain players, coaches including pop, medical staff, franchise even insinuating racism was at play.

neph said very little, you're right. even after demanding his way out he said nothing but that takes nothing away from letting his reps do it for him.
    That's the only point I was trying to make. Thank you. Nothing else is needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the only point I was trying to make. Thank you. Nothing else is needed.
    Yeah nothing except context.

It's a brilliant point indeed that completely disregards the fact neph has never been involved with the media. He has others speak for him. Had he been a talker and then shut up during g this episode you might have a point.

Thread Information