Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that we shouldn't dump Poeltl at any price. But the reports that we wouldn't take back Kuminga in a package for him don't make much sense to me. Unless there's some really hardcore stuff about him pesonally (like he's on hard drugs, or really toxic personality, or whatever), he's a 20 y.o. forward who's a freak athlete, a good defender, and not a horrible shooter (33% 3PT and 68% FT for his career). I get that he's underwhelmed so far, but that's exactly the kind of player we could make the most profit from, even if he wasn't part of our long term plans. At worst he'd get you a first back down the road, and potentially much more, besides being on a 2nd year of a rookie scale contract, meaning you have control over him for a while before you have to make a decision on him.
    I recall he also had a lot to say about wanting to get drafted by the Spurs. Weird that we have no interest, apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, we pass. I don't think any team in the league would trade for Wiseman.

It's not simply that he's unplayable, he cannot stay healthy even if he was. But the real thing is that he stands to make $12 million next season and that's before the next contract kicks in. The salary track he's on as a top pick is absurd.
    Instead of viewing Wiseman as a young asset, we can just view him as a salary dump. Wiseman + one lightly protected FRP + one swap or a protected FRP for Jak and I'm in. If Wiseman turns it around, great, if not, who cares.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall he also had a lot to say about wanting to get drafted by the Spurs. Weird that we have no interest, apparently.
    I also think it’s bizarre. I’d happily do Josh and that ty CHA FRP for Kuminga.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    28, he went one spot ahead of Keldon. But still, they blew it with Wiseman over Lamelo/Haliburton/Vassell/Desmond Bane(Lamelo was a bad fit culture wise, though), Kuminga over Wagner, and Moody over Tre Murphy or Sengun. Overall their drafting as of late has been underwhelming, there's no way around it.
    Wiseman actually wasn’t awful his rookie year, but his development was derailed by missing all of last year. It’s tough enough finding a developmental curve on a le contender without missing a whole season. He’s worse this year than his rookie season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hayes and two FRPs. Some of those late Milwaukee FRPs may be decent.
    Spurs wouldn’t touch Hayes…

https://www.tmz.com/2022/03/25/nba-j...-arrest-taser/

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/24/pelic...d-los-angeles/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just my take, is that the most they can realistically get for Poeltl is 1 middling first and a young middling player. You might get two firsts but those will probably have heavy protections of some sort. Do the spurs really want that for one of their top players ?

Every player is worth a lot now (wink wink), but come the deadline the price comes down due to some team desperately wanting to make a deal. Opinions are all over the place on this subject but in less than 2 weeks, we'll know for sure. Stay tuned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

May have an impact on Jak both in FA if he stays + on trade deadline if this means Turner is off market

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

May have an impact on Jak both in FA if he stays + on trade deadline if this means Turner is off market
    Here's how the money breaks down from Shams-

Myles Turner and Pacers reach agreement to keep Turner under contract through 2024-25 season, salaries as followed, per sources:

- $35 million this season ($18M salary plus $17M of Pacers’ salary space)
    - $20.9M in 2023-24
    - $19.9M in 2024-25

Total: 2 additional years, $58M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Myles Turner and Pacers reach agreement to keep Turner under contract through 2024-25 season, salaries as followed, per sources:

- $20.9M in 2023-24
    - $19.9M in 2024-25

Has to mean IND is not trading him - so Jak value in trade market just gets better. But this is a number that will be referenced by Jak in FA some too I am guessing. Not that he will get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this really take Turner off the market, or does it now provide the acquiring team more security that he is under contract (or is there a recently signed restriction)? Pacers just using up their cap space that they had to anyway.

Seems odd that the Pacers would take themselves out of the trade market with so much time to go before the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But if it does take Turner off the market, and provide guidance for Jak's market value, that's awesome. Do we peg Jak slightly below Turner due to offensive skillset? $17-18MM/year for Jak?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this really take Turner off the market, or does it now provide the acquiring team more security that he is under contract (or is there a recently signed restriction)? Pacers just using up their cap space that they had to anyway.

Seems odd that the Pacers would take themselves out of the trade market with so much time to go before the deadline.
    I don’t see why the Pacers would give up an additional 17 million simply to trade him. The move to me looks like a heavily front loader deal to keep him affordable so they can be aggressive in adding help around him the next two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think that takes Turner off the trade market unless they get blown away by an offer. Indy is ahead of schedule on their rebuild and he's young enough to fit their timeline.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But if it does take Turner off the market, and provide guidance for Jak's market value, that's awesome. Do we peg Jak slightly below Turner due to offensive skillset? $17-18MM/year for Jak?
    People will still Jean on the extra 17 million upfront. But I don’t think it does much for Jaks value one way or another. It’s kinda right where he was pegged to begin with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has to mean IND is not trading him - so Jak value in trade market just gets better. But this is a number that will be referenced by Jak in FA some too I am guessing. Not that he will get it
    He's easily going to get his 20M.... some team might offer more at this point... I wouldn’t be surprised if the Turner extension doesn't go ahead and push someone to get this trade done quickly for Jak though..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One other thing...this reduces Indy's cap space this year, so they're out of the running for a Westbrook dump....that could be significant..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- $20.9M in 2023-24
    - $19.9M in 2024-25

So he's getting roughly $30M per year he extended, yet still counting as $20M for each of the next 2 years... and apparently allows for him to be traded immediately... hmmm... i wonder if this speaks of Indy simply wanting to raise his trade value to get a much larger return in the short term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see why the Pacers would give up an additional 17 million simply to trade him. The move to me looks like a heavily front loader deal to keep him affordable so they can be aggressive in adding help around him the next two years.
    Well... maybe they figure that it's money they'd have to spend anyways, and they'd get better returns by trading an extended Turner (as opposed to an expiring one) vs what they'd get by renting that cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's getting almost 30M per additional year, despite the weird structure. This doesn't drive Poeltl's expectations down by any means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One other thing...this reduces Indy's cap space this year, so they're out of the running for a Westbrook dump....that could be significant..
    Still open for all your cap-dumping needs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turner can be traded. Hold Your horses. Value is just higher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically it costs Indy 20M per, because that money had to be redistributed regardless, and Turner gets 58M... he gets the money, they either keep him or up his trade value for less than they'd otherwise have to pay. This is too easy and smart not be illegal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turner can be traded. Hold Your horses. Value is just higher
    Can't be traded for six months after renegotiating

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are your thoughts on the what this does to the market from Spurs perspective: both Jak and being a team with cap space to absorb a Westbrook type easily

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/sta...59327546523648
    Here is a breakdown of the Myles Turner renegotiation. Because this was a renegotiation, Indiana was allowed to decrease the salary in the first year of the extension to 40%. Turner is still eligible to be traded by 2/9.

Thread Information