Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forum members need to back up their hope floats for 12th-15th men. Coach Pop can’t turn Stanley Johnson into Kahwhi Leonard. David Robinson can’t turn every player into a dominate big man, Manu can’t turn Branham into a 6th man facilitator and Chip England’s successor can’t turn Wesley into Steph Curry.

No one gives AF about KBD, Langford, Barlow, Bassey, Roby, I could go on for days. These guys have ZERO trade value.
    It really doesn’t matter what you think it what a GM thinks - I have seen a lot of ty trades in the NBA just like drafting it just takes one team to like you to get picked or traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really doesn’t matter what you think it what a GM thinks - I have seen a lot of ty trades in the NBA just like drafting it just takes one team to like you to get picked or traded.
    Yeah I guess you are spot on there. Drafting Primo is a prime example even before his side hobby was exposed.

All of those players I mentioned if a GM had a hard on would still only get you are a few SRPs at most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon's stock isn't at its highest. He's under contract for 4 seasons beyond this one, and it's front loaded. If he improves his efficiency (which IMO he could do with a better supporting cast where he's not no. 1 option), given the structure of his contract and the projected cap raise, he'll become a bargain and his trade value could go up significantly. I'd hold on to him for a year or so, unless we get an offer "we can't refuse".
    Tre has value as a projected good backup, I'd keep him unless a) his salary demands are too high, b) we land Scoot c) the offer is too good (unlikely at this point).
    Vassell should keep improving, no reason to trade him unless extension talks go awry

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon's stock isn't at its highest. He's under contract for 4 seasons beyond this one, and it's front loaded. If he improves his efficiency (which IMO he could do with a better supporting cast where he's not no. 1 option), given the structure of his contract and the projected cap raise, he'll become a bargain and his trade value could go up significantly. I'd hold on to him for a year or so, unless we get an offer "we can't refuse".
    Tre has value as a projected good backup, I'd keep him unless a) his salary demands are too high, b) we land Scoot c) the offer is too good (unlikely at this point).
    Vassell should keep improving, no reason to trade him unless extension talks go awry
    I'd wait on Keldon too... if you're gonna move him I'd think the draft would be the earliest you'd want to do that... but he had netter numbers playing as a 2nd option next to DJ last year and I don't think DJ creates that much gravity...so unless it's a real good offer I'd keep him and play him as a 2nd or 3rd option again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed.

Keldon was set up to fail this year unfortunately as he became the man by default. My hopes for him were that he could piggy back on last year and with his slimmed down physique and repatriation to the 3 he could improve as a defender plus maybe show a little savvy to find his teammates when the defence collapses.

His contract it still a great asset as you mentioned and will never be under water. I still see the most likely scenario as him being moved in the next 12-18 months unless he adds another dynamic to his game be it consistent 3pt shooting on volume or impactful defender/rebounder.

Vassell is more of a natural scorer and his size and length at the two should hopefully help him become an impactful defender. If he signs a Keldon type deal his clock starts ticking also.

I wouldn’t overpay Tre Jones but we may have to as he is needed as our only true PG be it for stability and consistency and to help the rest of the young team develop. I think it may surprise ppl what he gets this offseason. Might not be far off from 15/yr on a shorter deal than Keldon/Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no ing way tre is getting anywhere near 15 per from the spurs. That's insane.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like consensus has turned against Keldon, I think unfairly in some ways. He has some great skills but also limitations. I like that he gets to the rim often. I hope he can improve his passing, that would be helpful.

It’s a ty season. Pop deemphasizing defense hasn’t been good for Keldon.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we just traded for Dedmon…Poetel on his way out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we just traded for Dedmon…Poetel on his way out?
    Sure. Nothing says we no longer need our starting center like getting Dewayne Dedmon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. Nothing says we no longer need our starting center like getting Dewayne Dedmon.
    Spurstalk is undefeated

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Keldon was set up to fail this year unfortunately as he became the man by default. My hopes for him were that he could piggy back on last year and with his slimmed down physique and repatriation to the 3 he could improve as a defender plus maybe show a little savvy to find his teammates when the defence collapses.

His contract it still a great asset as you mentioned and will never be under water. I still see the most likely scenario as him being moved in the next 12-18 months unless he adds another dynamic to his game be it consistent 3pt shooting on volume or impactful defender/rebounder.

Vassell is more of a natural scorer and his size and length at the two should hopefully help him become an impactful defender. If he signs a Keldon type deal his clock starts ticking also.

I wouldn’t overpay Tre Jones but we may have to as he is needed as our only true PG be it for stability and consistency and to help the rest of the young team develop. I think it may surprise ppl what he gets this offseason. Might not be far off from 15/yr on a shorter deal than Keldon/Vassell.
    Man, I think Keldon will be just fine. Neither he nor Vassell register as best player on a team, but they do register as NBA starters. They'll be fine. Both are years away from their primes. They are good players. Add a couple lottery picks on rookie salaries and we'll be good in short order if we draft/develop right. We aren't the Sacramento Kings. Johnson has been a solid scorer and would be top notch with a little improvement on defense and three point shooting. That's clearly within his reach and he clearly shows the drive to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So does anybody actually want this guy? Seems like every contender would be chomping at the bit to get a Top 10 Center. Spurstalk takes here man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedmon's contract for next season is non guaranteed. This season we're below he minimum salary, so taking in his contract doesn't cost one dollar. Also, Miami is sending US a 2028 2nd round pick. So this is mainly about finance and flexibility on he part of the Heat, and we get a 2nd round pick for helping out. Can Poeltl be traded besides this deal? sure. But this doesn't necessarily mean anything in that regard.
    Last edited by Ariel; 02-07-2023 at 12:39 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I think Keldon will be just fine. Neither he nor Vassell register as best player on a team, but they do register as NBA starters. They'll be fine. Both are years away from their primes. They are good players. Add a couple lottery picks on rookie salaries and we'll be good in short order if we draft/develop right. We aren't the Sacramento Kings. Johnson has been a solid scorer and would be top notch with a little improvement on defense and three point shooting. That's clearly within his reach and he clearly shows the drive to improve.
    No, if we were the Kings we would have drafted Haliburton and actually would have an all-star caliber player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So does anybody actually want this guy? Seems like every contender would be chomping at the bit to get a Top 10 Center. Spurstalk takes here man
    Crazy nobody want’s to pay multiple FRPs for the chance to pay Jak 80m/4yrs in free agency

Crazy!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn. i come in here for updates and get trapped in that damn ST loop each time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn. i come in here for updates and get trapped in that damn ST loop each time.
    Come back earlier on Thursday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that offer from Boston that involved turning the protected '28 swap into an unprotected pick still holds, I'd seriously consider taking it. Boston is unlikely to keep Jakob long term at his price range and we can still put in a serious offer in free agency, so I'd take the value now which for a rental is pretty good, and gamble we can sign him for the long term later, which in the end may or may not happen whether we trade him or not, so might as well take something now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, if we were the Kings we would have drafted Haliburton and actually would have an all-star caliber player.
    Well they were like 1 for 13 in the lottery. But the Kings traded Haliburton, so the Kings.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well they were like 1 for 13 in the lottery. But the Kings traded Haliburton, so the Kings.
    And got another all-star back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t have a subscription to the Athletic, but apparently they are saying the Wizards have emerged as a team interested in Jak… which is interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing do it. GTJ could be flipped this summer. Any draft compensation is a bonus.

Worst comes to worst he is a perfect tank commander for years to come. He’d be dropping 40 a night on this current Spurs team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TOR seems confident they can move Anunoby for three FRPs. Obvs. it depends on where those picks are. But it might make them feel more comfortable getting closer to the Jakob Poeltl asking price.

I don't know enough about Trent to know why they're moving him. He seems like the type of efficient shooter lots of teams are looking for right now they way there's a market for Eric Gordon. He pushes against the logjam of guards this team is trying to develop, so I dunno what the shortterm is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Trent has a player option for $18.5 million next year. Yikes.

Thread Information