Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade to land Shaedon Sharpe

Sa: gets Sharpe + S. Barnes + O Porter
    Portland: gets Og Anunoby
    Toronto: gets Poeltl + Keldon Johnson + Josh Hart + 2025 first round from Portland + 2027 lottery protected from Portland

Portland gets another star to win now
    Toronto gets a nice return for Og Anunoby
    Spurs rebuilding for the future
    I do it if I'm the Spurs, but I doubt Portland or Toronto are down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. Cam Reddish is on his way out the league and was a top 10 pick.
    Stanley Johnson was in the gleague when we called, and he was drafted 8th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaeden Sharpe is by at least one metric the 6th worst defender in the league. Portland shouldn't trade him, and won't. Anyway, rascal, go watch the Blazers. Clearly you're in love with him. Just get League Pass and watch those awful Portland games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaeden Sharpe is by at least one metric the 6th worst defender in the league. Portland shouldn't trade him, and won't. Anyway, rascal, go watch the Blazers. Clearly you're in love with him. Just get League Pass and watch those awful Portland games.
    He’d fit in well with our “young core”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard enough teaching these players basketball. Imagine having a guy who didn't even bother to play for an entire year.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard enough teaching these players basketball. Imagine having a guy who didn't even bother to play for an entire year.
    The spurs aren't trying to win now. They are in rebuilding mode. That's why Portland may be willing to trade him if they land a proven star because their window is two or three years with Dame. Spurs need to make sure to have the best odds possible to land a top two pick this year. Sharpe has a great future.

You'd be a fool to turn down a trade like that if it were on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that bad, huh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His WS/48 is .036. If you’re not familiar with that stat, well it’s awful. His VORP is -0.6. You could literally grab a guard off waivers that would outperform him, but DUNKS, I guess.

Stanley Johnson is outperforming him in almost every area, WS/48 .120, VORP +0.2, 3G% .484, and we pulled him out of the gleague. I was the BIGGEST Stan non Stan on this board, and the crow actually tastes pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His WS/48 is .036. If you’re not familiar with that stat, well it’s awful. His VORP is -0.6. You could literally grab a guard off waivers that would outperform him, but DUNKS, I guess.

Stanley Johnson is outperforming him in almost every area, WS/48 .120, VORP +0.2, 3G% .484, and we pulled him out of the gleague. I was the BIGGEST Stan non Stan on this board, and the crow actually tastes pretty good.
    lol Sprinkles looks pretty e also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not that into Sharpe by any means, but is still a raw rookie... but this advanced stats aren't that much worse than Keldon's this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Sprinkles looks pretty e also
    His (Sochan) WS/48 is .007. If you’re not familiar with that stat, well it’s awful. His VORP is -0.6. You could literally grab a forward off waivers that would outperform him, but DUNKS, I guess.

Lonnie Walker is outperforming him in almost every area, WS/48 .0.64, VORP +0.1, 3G% .384, and not even the Spurs wanted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His (Sochan) WS/48 is .007. If you’re not familiar with that stat, well it’s awful. His VORP is -0.6. You could literally grab a forward off waivers that would outperform him, but DUNKS, I guess.

Lonnie Walker is outperforming him in almost every area, WS/48 .0.64, VORP +0.1, 3G% .384, and not even the Spurs wanted him.
    Haha i’m not a big advanced analytics guy but I think Sharpe passes the eye test. So does Sochan. Small sample size to be going too deep into the numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not that into Sharpe by any means, but is still a raw rookie... but this advanced stats aren't that much worse than Keldon's this season.
    Down low, though? Keldon's a bad player.

Sochan and Sharpe are both fine. Time will tell on Sharpe -- he has the same background as Jalen Green and Kuminga, i.e. no basketball instruction whatsoever, so what does he have to build on? Sochan clearly understands the game better at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DAYUM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are Sochan's advanced numbers since changing his shot? He's not the player he was two or three months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookies very rarely have positive advanced metrics. Especially not a historically bad team. Win shares are kinda pointless in terms of evaluating him right now

I suspect you'd see more impact from Sochan if he was playing next to LeBron and AD too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point wasn't really to knock Sochan. I think most of here would agree that he is coming along nicely and I'm not sure there are too many saying we missed that pick by any means. My point was just to highlight how absurd ex's out-of-context stat grabbing was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Box scores only advanced stats arent as much as worthy as plus minus driven ones are. And Sochan's numbers compare well with other rookies and sop res in RAPTOR and other such advanced metrics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We better take what we can get. Purtle’s stat line last night was horrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...efore-deadline

I fee like Jak’s value is dropping by the day. We definitely missed the boat to trade him for decent value. He is a lightly protected FRP at best at this point and if that is on the table we should jump at it.

If we pay him 4yrs/80mm we are going to regret it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I fee like Jak’s value is dropping by the day. We definitely missed the boat to trade him for decent value. He is a lightly protected FRP at best at this point and if that is on the table we should jump at it.

yea,something tells me spurs dont want any part of a jak extension. They definitely didn't get the offer they wanted for poodle power

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR , 646 minutes minumum (their default)

Bottom Six
    #245 -1.5 Will Barton, Shaedon Sharpe, Jabari Smith Jr.
    #248 -1.6 Jaden Ivey
    #249 -1.8 Malaki Branham, P.J. Washington

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Eh, I don't think so. Sure, one or two bad games happen. But over a season, he is a highly effective center for today's NBA. He can guard on the perimeter. He can switch and guard smaller, quicker players at least competently. He is a high quality passer. And he is unselfish and plays his role. He is a good offensive rebounder and he is starting to punish teams when they rotate smaller players on him in the post. If he had a three point shot, he'd be elite. Tbh, I hope the Spurs keep him. I think he could be a key part of a championship team. Not as the numbers 1-3 best players, but he is definitely good enough to be the center on a championship team. And I just like what he contributes to the Spurs on and off the court. But if we get two 1st round picks and one is unprotected, then a rebuild team can't pass that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I don't think so. Sure, one or two bad games happen. But over a season, he is a highly effective center for today's NBA. He can guard on the perimeter. He can switch and guard smaller, quicker players at least competently. He is a high quality passer. And he is unselfish and plays his role. He is a good offensive rebounder and he is starting to punish teams when they rotate smaller players on him in the post. If he had a three point shot, he'd be elite. Tbh, I hope the Spurs keep him. I think he could be a key part of a championship team. Not as the numbers 1-3 best players, but he is definitely good enough to be the center on a championship team. And I just like what he contributes to the Spurs on and off the court. But if we get two 1st round picks and one is unprotected, then a rebuild team can't pass that up.
    I like Jak and think he is solid. Having a bit of a down season but relative to last year but I think that is us missing what DJM brought. DJM made Jak’s life much easier.

Still I don’t like paying him top dollar for a role playing center. If it’s a front-loaded contract as you have suggested it makes more sense but i’d rather just wish him luck at 20/yr. The good thing is that few teams will have outright cap to sign him so hopefully we can get something to help facilitate his next deal via S&T.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The NBA isn't like the stock market where player values go up and down according to each game.

Thread Information