Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the spurms can get by with a collins/bassey front court...sign a vet big for 3 bigs rotation....

i still think with any trade/draft, spurs still need that alpha scorer....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing about this years deadline is that there are very few teams that are sellers.

Spurs are in a great position to extract a lot of value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about Bassey tbh. If Poeltl/Collins get traded his contract gets converted imo.
    Could be...I just wasn't sure what his injury situation looks like...reports haven't been really detailed..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the spurs need to pull the trigger on a trade. I think. Thad young and raptors protected top 10 1st is on tbh table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading some of the overnight 'rumors' it kinda feels like NY is going to try and add a piece and with no real stars to chase OG could be the guy they target. That could revive a Toronto-Jak trade as part of a 3 team deal there. Toronto won't go full rebuild or give up an unprotected 1st in this draft but, they could use a couple of the NY picks they get moving OG to satisfy everyone here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10859208[/URL]]I think the spurs need to pull the trigger on a trade. I think. Thad young and raptors protected top 10 1st is on tbh table.
    Teams will sometimes pay more in reaction to other trades made by their rivals, rarely does it makes sense to do trade so early unless you get exactly what you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most teams are waiting for bigger chips to fall, likely Toronto (OG, Van Vleet, Gary Trent) & Phoenix (trade for a star? Ayton? Crowder?).
    Once the bigger moves happen (or it's known they won't), smaller moves will follow. Poeltl may or may not be moved (I think he will but not at our price target), and Richardson is plan C for a lot of teams, meaning he may have to wait until the very end of the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be...I just wasn't sure what his injury situation looks like...reports haven't been really detailed..
    Didn't even know he got hurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing about this years deadline is that there are very few teams that are sellers.

Spurs are in a great position to extract a lot of value.
    I don't know if I agree. There are Bogdanovic and Gordon and other players available. Definitely pieces there for teams wanting to shore up contention.

The issue is that the buyers don't have much to work with in terms of picks/assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So anybody actually want this scrub? Or is it just a buncha wishing on our end?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So anybody actually want this scrub? Or is it just a buncha wishing on our end?
    I wouldn't expect to see any real trades until next week, probably all on the day before or day of the deadline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't expect to see any real trades until next week, probably all on the day before or day of the deadline
    How can people post here for a while, and not realize that almost everything happens after lunchtime on the deadline day? Boston pulling the trigger on White last year in January was beyond bizarre. Almost never happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can people post here for a while, and not realize that almost everything happens after lunchtime on the deadline day? Boston pulling the trigger on White last year in January was beyond bizarre. Almost never happens.
    The White trade was on deadline day, not in january.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The White trade was on deadline day, not in january.
    Yeah it was the Bryn trade that was in January.

Exact timeline of Spurs transactions last season, since there always seems to be confusion:

-Aug 3: Signed Doug on the first day of Free Agency, which was a late start due to COVID seasons, though the deal wasn't official via S&T until the 7th
    -Aug 6: We take part in that big 5 team trade that send Westbrook to the Lakers. Spurs got Wizards SRP and Chandler Hutchinson for Nikola Milutinov
    -Aug 11: We S&T Demar to Chicago
    -Aug 25: Signed Bryn Forbes. I think this is officially a holiday in San Antonio
    -Jan 19: We trade Bryn to the Nuggets. We got back Juancho, cash and a Nuggets 2028 SRP
    -Feb 9: We trade Juancho to Utah and we get Storansky and Utah's 2027 SRP
    -TRADE DEADLINE FEB 10:
    -We trade Drew, Thad and that Wizards 2022 SRP for Dragic and the pick that became Branham
    -We trade Derrick for Romeo, Josh, the pick that became Blake, and a top-1 protected swap in 2028
    -June 23: We trade rights to Kennedy Chandler (38th overall) to MEM for Lakers 2024 SRP and cash
    -June 30: We trade DJM for Gallo, and all dem picks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exact timeline of Spurs transactions last season, since there always seems to be confusion:

-Aug 3: Signed Doug on the first day of Free Agency, which was a late start due to COVID seasons, though the deal wasn't official via S&T until the 7th
    -Aug 6: We take part in that big 5 team trade that send Westbrook to the Lakers. Spurs got Wizards SRP and Chandler Hutchinson for Nikola Milutinov
    -Aug 25: Signed Bryn Forbes. I think this is officially a holiday in San Antonio
    -Jan 19: We trade Bryn to the Nuggets. We got back Juancho, cash and a Nuggets 2028 SRP
    -TRADE DEADLINE FEB 10:
    -We trade Drew, Thad and that Wizards 2022 SRP for Dragic and the pick that became Branham
    -We trade Derrick for Romeo, Josh, the pick that became Blake, and a top-1 protected swap in 2028
    -June 23: We trade rights to Kennedy Chandler (38th overall) to MEM for Lakers 2024 SRP and cash
    Wow, that’s helpful perspective. What a busy and productive year it was. Wright earned his check for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the Pistons second, not Wizards. The Washington pick went to Sacramento

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the Pistons second, not Wizards. The Washington pick went to Sacramento
    Yes that does sound correct. Basketball Reference has it listed without mentioning that it was DET's pick. https://www.basketball-reference.com...nsactions.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-TRADE DEADLINE FEB 10:
    theres also the Vonleh trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres also the Vonleh trade
    That was this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Wiseman's contract status?

(Sorry for the meltdown.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

James Wiseman

2022-23, $9.6 M.
    2023-24, $12 M. (team option)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuminga and Moses Moody seem to be better prospects at this point than Wiseman. I used to like Wiseman, but it seems he isn’t going to be anything special.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Wiseman

2022-23, $9.6 M.
    2023-24, $12 M. (team option)
    I have a hard time seeing them pick up that option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(Sorry for the meltdown.)
    It's not cool by any stretch of the imagination and his agent is most likely going to milk his status to it's fullest intent.

Then again... if zero teams sign him...

He could be free game.
    I would definitely take a sit back and watch approach instead of being proactive on a player like Wiseman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wrong thread

Thread Information