List your cons and your pros.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will happen soon or later, but not right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be murder on a team like Denver. But everyone's tapped out and the Spurs don't want to take on long-term salary.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not opposed to it, depending on the return of course. Nobody on the team is untouchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be murder on a team like Denver. But everyone's tapped out and the Spurs don't want to take on long-term salary.
    Off the bench. That is his ceiling. High energy bench player who can play the 3/4 situationally and provide instant energy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't think you'd get value now based on his contract, extension kicks in next year?

Will be a Spur forever? I dunno. Could see the Spurs moving on from him for the right offer at some point. But I'd be highly surprised if he's traded right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his value would definitely be higher after showing how he can be a contributor as a 3rd/4th option rather than as King Chucker on one of the league's worst teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his value would definitely be higher after showing how he can be a contributor as a 3rd/4th option rather than as King Chucker on one of the league's worst teams.
    His value as Keldon Tank Commander is more than his open market worth. He could go down tomorrow and JRich could serve his role easily if given 30+ mins and 20+ shots a game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

List your cons and your pros.
    I'm not selling low on him....he has his limitations, but he was better last season when he wasn't expected to be the first option. Is he off limits? No, but I wouldn't sell him cheap and nobody with a high draft pick is buying until we get past the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not selling low on him....he has his limitations, but he was better last season when he wasn't expected to be the first option. Is he off limits? No, but I wouldn't sell him cheap and nobody with a high draft pick is buying until we get past the lottery.
    He is going to be a solid trade chip in the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is going to be a solid trade chip in the future.
    I agree..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs don’t get compe ive in the next two years, Keldon is shipping out. Already he doesn’t seem like the giddy guy we used to know. He’s a high octane guy, losing is affecting him deeply.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to blow it all up and tank.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to blow it all up and tank.
    Blow what up? All the talent on this team went to Atlanta last summer. What's the point of nuking rubble?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blow what up? All the talent on this team went to Atlanta last summer. What's the point of nuking rubble?
    Put some respect on Sochan’s name!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuz it's funny, scroseph. Gotta give the upstairs folks something to about imo. Spurs could wheel out 10 child coffins on the floor next season and someone will still start a thread asking "should we trade the coffin with the best ornamentation on it?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseline Bum wins this thread.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero percent chance Keldon gets traded. You guys seem to be forgetting what team we are. This isn't the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely, if we can get something better. KJ has a buttload of flaws but the league thinks he's legit. I always say the Spurs should take these prospects they've gotten and "flip" them before a closer looks takes place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell seems like the player who might be traded this summer given his potential discontent. Johnson is a big negative, and he's going to take a lot of protecting to make work as a starter on a contender. If the Spurs draft Scoot, then Henderson/Vassell/Johnson/Sochan and Poeltl or some other high-priced center could be interesting. I think with Wemby, it'd be hard. I think the idea of rostering Sochan as a PG is patently ridiculous. So you have Jones or some high-priced PG/two of Vassell, Johnson or Sochan/Wemby/Poeltl or high-priced center. That the future rotation wouldn't be set after the draft isn't a bad thing, but I think it's hard to see how Sochan and Johnson fit together long term if the team gets another forward. It feels like Keldon would be better off the bench, but I can't imagine the Spurs would be able to do that to him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If KJ is not getting back his 3pt, he will not worth much in trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell seems like the player who might be traded this summer given his potential discontent. Johnson is a big negative, and he's going to take a lot of protecting to make work as a starter on a contender. If the Spurs draft Scoot, then Henderson/Vassell/Johnson/Sochan and Poeltl or some other high-priced center could be interesting. I think with Wemby, it'd be hard. I think the idea of rostering Sochan as a PG is patently ridiculous. So you have Jones or some high-priced PG/two of Vassell, Johnson or Sochan/Wemby/Poeltl or high-priced center. That the future rotation wouldn't be set after the draft isn't a bad thing, but I think it's hard to see how Sochan and Johnson fit together long term if the team gets another forward. It feels like Keldon would be better off the bench, but I can't imagine the Spurs would be able to do that to him.
    I can see multiple scenarios where Sochan pushes Keldon out of a starting role quite quickly. Together, Vassell and Keldon are only playable as high end bench players. Both of their upsides are not far from peak Josh Richardson. Yeah I said that Spurstalk. Let that ish burn.

Thread Information