Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks man - retweeting on Twitter for more exposure as well.

Not surprised about POR - it seemed like a good fit. Just don’t know what they can offer.

POR, if they had any assets, would be a great fit for Jak…Nurk sucks and Jak would help them tremendously. I just don’t see a path where they can give SA much. They owe a first to CHI lottery protected for like 4 years, but I guess could do two future firsts…
    I am surprised at TOR being so aggressive. I mean, I get the fit, but they are all kinds of off this year but I guess they have no intention of selling off their team.

Spurs and BOS being such great trade partners is funny…getting a fully unprotected pick is very enticing…but not sure that it’s enough since SA can pick swap unless its pick 1 already….Is getting whatever you would have gotten from BOS (say pick 2-10) already + keeping your own pick too worth it? But having another fully unprotected pick + your own is enticing.

I truly hope they flip Richardson for a first. I would love to do one swoop deal with Lakers for Jakob/Richardson/Doug tbh…that is most attractive path. I value the vets too and they have been great. But I think they have served their purpose and I don’t know that losing them would do any damage and Spurs need to lose games tbh..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks man - retweeting on Twitter for more exposure as well.

Not surprised about POR - it seemed like a good fit. Just don’t know what they can offer.

I am surprised at TOR being so aggressive. I mean, I get the fit, but they are all kinds of off this year but I guess they have no intention of selling off their team.

Spurs and BOS being such great trade partners is funny…getting a fully unprotected pick is very enticing…but not sure that it’s enough since SA can pick swap unless its pick 1 already….Is getting whatever you would have gotten from BOS (say pick 2-10) already + keeping your own pick too worth it? But having another fully unprotected pick + your own is enticing.

I dunno about the boston offer...I'd want the protections removed and an additional protected pick...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno about the boston offer...I'd want the protections removed and an additional protected pick...
    I would be fine with just getting the pick as is vs it being a swap. The pick is only protected for #1 which is as good as it gets. Converting that to a legit trade and getting another first would be incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be fine with just getting the pick as is vs it being a swap. The pick is only protected for #1 which is as good as it gets. Converting that to a legit trade and getting another first would be incredible.
    I would push to leave the swap as is, and get either the 2027 or 2029 pick, unprotected. If the 2028 swap is converted to a traded pick, we can’t get either of those picks, since that would be consecutive traded picks, they own no others those years, and that would violate the stepien rule.

Basically, our hope is that by 2028, we’re good, and they suck,and we swap the pick. If they turn 2028 into a straight traded pick, we’d only be getting our good pick in exchange for Jakob, probably something in the 20s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is true, then interest in Poeltl is higher than many expect. Boston needs to go all-in now; Toronto is on the verge of collapsing fully into the lottery. I don't really buy NOP or POR having much interest in him. It just doesn't make sense.

I also don't know about Richardson or McBuckets being traded, although squeezing something out of Richardson before he leaves may be best.

The contract Poeltl is looking for is not a bad one at all. Although he anchors a terrible defense and doesn't seem to matter to whether the team wins or loses (Richardson and Buckets seem to matter more), he's still a piece that is hard to replace. They can always trade him later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deadline will come and go and Poeltl, J-Rich, and McNugget will all still be here imo

that TOR deal is interesting though, i wonder what third team it is and where GTJ would be going (assuming its the third team)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can a team devoid of talent trade away a top 10 center? Makes zero sense. Poeltl is just too valuable to winning. You need a player of his capability in order to contend. The dude is a winning player and trading him away will set the franchise back even more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can a team devoid of talent trade away a top 10 center? Makes zero sense. Poeltl is just too valuable to winning. You need a player of his capability in order to contend. The dude is a winning player and trading him away will set the franchise back even more
    We have the 4th worst record and the worst defense of all time his value to winning sure isnt showing up right now. For the right team, sure. But we are a looong way from that imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not making the calls, only fielding them. They’ve also set a rather high price, such that they should be able to replace him with a draft pick more aligned with the current timeline. Even if we get Wemby, Jak will likely be 30 by the time we contend for a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's always some bluff and smoke, and putting your demands very high and saying you won't budge from that allows you to start negociating from there, but if Wright can get 2 FRPs for Poetl, well big kudos, that would be his biggest coup so far as SA's GM...

But I don't see this happening other than a in 3 (or more) team deal... and I actually don't see it happening at all, although I wish it does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Veteran wing Josh Richardson is also available for a second-round pick, league sources told HoopsHype. Richardson, a 29-year-old 3-and-D swingman, will become an unrestricted free agent this summer.
    2 hours ago – via HoopsHype
    Veteran sharpshooter Doug McDermott could command one or two second-round picks on the trade market depending on the pick number and any protections, league sources told HoopsHype. McDermott has shot 41.8 percent from downtown during his Spurs tenure and is owed $13.75 million next season. 2 hours ago – via HoopsHype
    I trust TimVP's sources more. Not sure where these reports are coming from. A 2nd for J-Rich is not enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I trust TimVP's sources more. Not sure where these reports are coming from. A 2nd for J-Rich is not enough

thats all you're going to get for a journeyman wing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather keep J-Rich and try to re-sign him as vet mentorship going forward rather than just give him away for nothing. He seems to have respect of the youngsters and they look to him for leadership. every team needs guys like this regardless of how bad they are overall imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp actually have sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats all you're going to get for a journeyman wing
    Contenders, who usually pick in the mid to late 20s, value a wing who can shoot and defend, and playmake a bit over some pick they will likely never get a chance to develop. , both Boston and Phoenix muffed LOTTERY picks in Jalen Smith and Romeo Langford because they didn’t fit the timeline, and there were no development minutes for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Toronto and Boston were expected, NO & Portland definitely not. I can see the rationale of NO going all in for Poeltl, they're on the verge of contending and his prime is perfectly aligned with NO's core. They have a surplus of picks courtesy of LAL & Milwaukee plus their own, this could be their signal that they're going all in right now.
    Portland's interest puzzles me. Nurkic is on the books for 3 more years beyond this one, at 55M, adding 4 years & 80M for another center doesn't seem like the best use of the salary cap to me. Also, they can't trade a single first round pick, because of protections on the pick they traded to Chicago for Larry Nance Jr, and they don't have much interesting youngsters that they'd be willing to part with (besides Simons and Sharpe, whom they won't touch).
    As for Richardson and McDermott, it seems like posturing to me, much like Detroit is doing for Bogdanovic & Burks. They won't put out there that they'll take any deals, so obviously they want to negotiate from a position of strength, much like they tried to do with Dejounte when they said it'd take a Jrue Holiday package to get him. That served them well as Atlanta eventually made a nice offer, but not quite what they were asking for. A S&T is unlikely and even then it wouldn't require a first, unless we're talking about a bigger package taking back salary. I'd take a nice '23 2nd (say in the 30s) if no better option is available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contenders, who usually pick in the mid to late 20s, value a wing who can shoot and defend, and playmake a bit over some pick they will likely never get a chance to develop. , both Boston and Phoenix muffed LOTTERY picks in Jalen Smith and Romeo Langford because they didn’t fit the timeline, and there were no development minutes for them.
    Not only that but it allows them to offer him more than MLE money in the summer if they want to keep him, which most of the contenders wouldn't be able to otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would push to leave the swap as is, and get either the 2027 or 2029 pick, unprotected. If the 2028 swap is converted to a traded pick, we can’t get either of those picks, since that would be consecutive traded picks, they own no others those years, and that would violate the stepien rule.

Basically, our hope is that by 2028, we’re good, and they suck,and we swap the pick. If they turn 2028 into a straight traded pick, we’d only be getting our good pick in exchange for Jakob, probably something in the 20s.
    Yeah. An unprotected '27 or '29 first, removing no. 1 protection on the '28 swap, and Kornet would be perfect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clean house tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get two lightly protected first for an expiring poodle, that is some next level GMing stuff. They could still outbid the same team in the off-season and bring poodle back. That would be epic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we trade Poeltl, please trade him to the eastern conference so when plays against us he won't score 40 points and grab 20 rebounds, at least no more than twice a year. Boston and Toronto are the usual suspects but we we need something decent in return other than just late round draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get two lightly protected first for an expiring poodle, that is some next level GMing stuff. They could still outbid the same team in the off-season and bring poodle back. That would be epic.
    Likely any team that trades for Poeltl will have a (*wink* *wink*) "understanding" of what he expects and that he intends to resign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10855462[/URL]]I trust TimVP's sources more. Not sure where these reports are coming from. A 2nd for J-Rich is not enough
    He’s expiring and probably not coming back. 2nd rounder is better than nothing. Obviously, Spurs should try to get more, but if that’s the highest offer, Spurs should take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "-Speaking of ... McDermott, the Spurs aren’t in a hurry to deal either player. San Antonio values the veteran leadership both players provide to the team."

I hope that's a Spurs bluff.

Thread Information