Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you’d have to put a number on it, who were the main culprits? imo.

1. Uncle Dennis - 20%
    2. PATFO not babying superstars like all other superstars - 5%
    3. The Hiring of Brian’s Wright - 40%
    4. The Draft Picks - 30%
    5. Coaching - 5%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The retirement of The Big 3 -- 85%
    2. neph and his family entourage -- 15%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Kawhi - 50%
    2. PATFO stubborness/ineptness - 50%

Another 5 yrs from now if we are still striving for the play-in or a first round KO, ST will still be blaming Uncle Denis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if "uncle dennis" just means "whatever happened with the kawhi situation" that is #1 and there isn't a close second

the other part would be wasting draft picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% - Steve Kerr ordering Zaza Pachulia to stick his fat foot under an already gimpy Kawhi Leonard when they were down 20+ in game one of their series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% - Steve Kerr ordering Zaza Pachulia to stick his fat foot under an already gimpy Kawhi Leonard when they were down 20+ in game one of their series.
    What a sickening turning point in franchise direction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright isn't responsible for what is happening now. He's been hired for what is happening now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh the Spurs has 3-4 years to build a team with a bright future. No one is saying they should be great now, but the draft picks, the trades have been so abysmal that I can’t even see this team competing 5 years from now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The retirement of The Big 3 -- 85%
    2016-17 Spurs 61-21.
    Leading the Golden gots by 25 and about to go up 1-0 in the WCF.
    Kawhi Leonard MVP.

Duncan was retired. Manu was limited to 15-18 mpg and Porker also limited, esp in the playoffs R2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016-17 Spurs 61-21.
    Leading the Golden gots by 25 and about to go up 1-0 in the WCF.
    Kawhi Leonard MVP.

Duncan was retired. Manu was limited to 15-18 mpg and Porker also limited, esp in the playoffs R2.
    They don't lose that game after Nephew's injury with prime Big 3. And that was one game anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't lose that game after Nephew's injury with prime Big 3. And that was one game anyway.
    So they'd be a Prime Big 4 with Kawhi?

What happened in 2004, 2006, (lets leave out abysmal 2008-11) 2013?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25 years without a top 10 pick will drain any team of assets. At some point it catches up, usually wayyyy earlier than it did the Spurs.

Also the big 3 (essentially, Tony's Charlotte cameo notwithstanding) all retiring as Spurs only players, which is great in its own way but didn't provide a bridge to the following era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Kawhi - 50%
    2. PATFO stubborness/ineptness - 50%

Another 5 yrs from now if we are still striving for the play-in or a first round KO, ST will still be blaming Uncle Denis.
    Dennis wanted Kawhi out of SA and back home in the big market of LA

So unless SA could magically appear back in LA, then nephew was gone, nothing to do with PATFO, you absolute clown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis wanted Kawhi out of SA and back home in the big market of LA

So unless SA could magically appear back in LA, then nephew was gone, nothing to do with PATFO, you absolute clown
    so 5 yrs later we are still irrelevant. How long are clowns like yourself going to use that as an excuse? That is the other 50%. Aussie tosser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25 years without a top 10 pick will drain any team of assets. At some point it catches up, usually wayyyy earlier than it did the Spurs.

Also the big 3 (essentially, Tony's Charlotte cameo notwithstanding) all retiring as Spurs only players, which is great in its own way but didn't provide a bridge to the following era.
    I think the Big 3 retiring as Spurs only players (TP Hornets' gig notwithstanding) was the reason why the Spurs' contention years were stretched out to two decades and change.

I think the Spurs missed the plot after Nephew left. They tried to compensate for him by getting Derozan and kept the role players when they should have done what they are doing now. Get more FRPs and tank and get more FRPs. But hindsight is always 20-20. The Derozan-Dejounte-Derrick-Rudy Gay-Patty-LMA Spurs at least gave us some good moments, if not contention. The Spurs' real and possibly only bad screw-up was last year when they drafted Joshua Primo over Sengun. Other than that, they have been hitting singles and doubles with the hand that they have been dealt with (sorry for the mixed metaphor).

If the Spurs luck out with Wemby.. it could mark a new beginning. Lets see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Big 3 retiring as Spurs only players (TP Hornets' gig notwithstanding) was the reason why the Spurs' contention years were stretched out to two decades and change.

I think the Spurs missed the plot after Nephew left. They tried to compensate for him by getting Derozan and kept the role players when they should have done what they are doing now. Get more FRPs and tank and get more FRPs. But hindsight is always 20-20. The Derozan-Dejounte-Derrick-Rudy Gay-Patty-LMA Spurs at least gave us some good moments, if not contention. The Spurs' real and possibly only bad screw-up was last year when they drafted Joshua Primo over Sengun. Other than that, they have been hitting singles and doubles with the hand that they have been dealt with (sorry for the mixed metaphor).

If the Spurs luck out with Wemby.. it could mark a new beginning. Lets see.
    Sengun is going to hurt watching for 15 years. And it's the curse of neph. The only reason we reached for Primo is because PATFO thought they had the next neph and were desperate to replace him and slot him where they thought he needed to play, like neph. So he was not only a reach but being played out of position, chasing the ghost of neph.

When they could and should have just taken the BPA.

At 20, Sengun is starting to put up some really nice numbers -- his assist stats already look like a top end center. He rebounds well and is starting to score at a efficient clip. He just started to start, too. He's being called their cog by Rocket insiders/fans. They know what they have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Nephew 80%
    - delaying tear down thereafter 15%
    - Dak Prescott’s interceptions 5%

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan retiring

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the Romans didn't stay on top forever.

It was inevitable the Spurs dynasty would fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was obviously when a group of perverts within PATFO decided to disband these fine creatures:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noone could've predicted what was going to happen with nephew, but desperately trying to stay relevant with DDR and LMA was just delaying the inevitable. Easy to say in hindisght, but PATFO should've done a full rebuild in 2018.

Hopefully squid Silver realizes biggest prospect since Lebron shouldn't go to a trainwreck franchise like the Rockets, Pistons or Hornets. If not, then we're in for another year of blatant tanking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80 percent of this is on Kawhi/Uncle Dennis. 20 percent of it is on Pop for being obsessed with chasing the all-time wins record for coaching and hence the reason why the rebuild was delayed by 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How bout the fat contract that was given to Pao Gasol.
    Wonder if that stirred some chit up among some Spurs players including Nephew.

Real n!gger Dewayne Dedmon cut after he rightly told Patrick Beverly to shove it during Beverleys 100 illegal prance into DDs free throw shooting area.
    Classy Pop quit playing DD after then and cut him.
    One of Klaws best friend on team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will never understand investing damn near $100 million in Gasol and Mills. That was the downfall of this team. made no fukin sense whatsoever, but people have their head up popovich's ass so deep, they will defend it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan retiring
    Only right answer. The man was carrying this franchise and masked a lot of the incompetent/dysfunctional aspects of it - which lots of winning often does. Greatest thing to ever happen to us as sports fans.

Thread Information