Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is always amazing to imagine the alternate universe, while forgetting that trade is executed by 2 teams and the other team is not our feeder club. We can point to PATFO making mistakes like not drafting Jokic or giving LMA/Gasol ridiculous high contract beyond necessary but criticizing them about not trading players away is always something fans does not have the full picture. How do we know they did not try?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After summer 2019 it was very apparent it was time to break up that team. Had Marcus Morris honoured his word, DeMarre Carrol had something left and LMA showed up to training camp in shape that team could have been more compe ive but 20 games into that season it was clear it was time to break it up and LMA still had value at that time. He had strong value on 2020 draft day. PATFO just dropped the ball.
    Again, for who/what? There weren’t many offers for him at that point as all the teams were aiming to shoot threes (it was a little overboard during that time). The spurs would be trading him away for little value just for the sake of being bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about the years patfo wasted 2-3 years of draft picks looking for that backup pg, when they couldve easily just sign some veteran pg....

how about finding the bowen replacement in the draft also...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is always amazing to imagine the alternate universe, while forgetting that trade is executed by 2 teams and the other team is not our feeder club. We can point to PATFO making mistakes like not drafting Jokic or giving LMA/Gasol ridiculous high contract beyond necessary but criticizing them about not trading players away is always something fans does not have the full picture. How do we know they did not try?
    Jokic wouldn't be doing all of that stuff with us. Popovich would have tried to turn him into Tim Duncan like he did Aldridge.

Thread Information