Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Chiefs are fine, but the Eagles and Philly fans are one of the most insufferable franchises I’ve ever seen, just a tick below the Lakers.
    I was browsing their subreddit briefly when the game was about finished and one of their fans was calling for the defense to "Michael Irvin" Deebo Samuel...this with the game in the bag at that point. And before the game they were warning 49er fans not to cheer for their team openly in the Linc because the game means "more to their fans" then others in the NFL and that a fight would break out

What it is it about Philadelphia that makes it where a) their fans act like complete barbaric bags and throw explosive temper tantrums like a five year old when things dont go their way and b) they all proudly embrace the fact like it's some badge of honor? I've never been to that sh!thole, so I don't know what the thinking is, but I can't think of any reasonably successful adult male, with an IQ above 60, that would act anywhere close to how Eagle fans are described regularly over a football game

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    tbh I've heard the Linc isn't that bad. The crazy Eagle fan stories I thought were more for the old Veterans Stadium where a "certain type of crowd" would ooga booga at the 700 level where tickets were dirt cheap. But NFL tickets nowadays are crazy expensive, and whenever they panned the crowd today in Philly most of the fans looked like your typical beer drinking, dad bod cuckolds.

IMO, all northern cities are more passionate about football in general since the Southern, warm weather cities are full of apathetic transplants with many more things to do yearound than watch football tbh

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What it is it about Philadelphia that makes it where a) their fans act like complete barbaric bags and throw explosive temper tantrums like a five year old when things dont go their way and b) they all proudly embrace the fact like it's some badge of honor? I've never been to that sh!thole, so I don't know what the thinking is, but I can't think of any reasonably successful adult male, with an IQ above 60, that would act anywhere close to how Eagle fans are described regularly over a football game
    Cheez whiz

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    tbh I've heard the Linc isn't that bad. The crazy Eagle fan stories I thought were more for the old Veterans Stadium where a "certain type of crowd" would ooga booga at the 700 level where tickets were dirt cheap. But NFL tickets nowadays are crazy expensive, and whenever they panned the crowd today in Philly most of the fans looked like your typical beer drinking, dad bod cuckolds.

IMO, all northern cities are more passionate about football in general since the Southern, warm weather cities are full of apathetic transplants with many more things to do yearound than watch football tbh
    Absolutely. The rust belt teams are where football was born and bred and where football loyalty will always come first.

People in LA, Dallas and Florida care more about liquor, beer, and who they're ing that night and they neglect the actual game. Not the case in Pitt/GB/PHI/BUF, even CIN/CLE/IND and to a lesser extent MIN/CHI/DET. Like Cris Collinsworth once best said it, even the ladies of those fanbases know their football down to the finest detail.

The Patriots and the NY/NJ area teams are in their own category because they're full of ty bandwagoners. They're not rust belt; they're just big cities on the east coast.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Great finish but overall not a sharp game for either team

Bengals just didn't play quite well enough. Joe's 2 picks...
    The Chiefs wouldn't have won without favorable foul calls. Whether it was the refs' fault or not, they got a bunch of gifts including the last play from scrimmage of the game.

The Eagles will smash them.

I'm calling ::

Eagles 31
    Chiefs 20

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Cincy gave up the 1st down, I think KC makes the FG either way.
    Idk, the probability of a make goes down significantly from 45 yards to 60.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Rigged

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Lubbock is a battery throwing town just like PHI

Unfortunately for the Eagles, the NFL is in the process of building the Chiefs dynasty. Eagles had a nice run but they're just a stepping stone on Mahomes' resume.

25 years from now, media and Chiefs fans will stroke their s and remember the time Mahomes won the SB on one leg. This is Mahomes' flu game.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Real talk. Where was the rigging? The only real awful call (that wasn't even a call) is that 3rd down replay, but it didn't matter 'cause the Chiefs ended up punting anyways.

Heck, folks in this thread were saying the Chiefs got robbed of a TD early in the game.
    I'm just hating tbh I wouldn't be complaining if my Cowboys got some calls

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Purdy being left out from that?
    Purdy about to Paul Pierce this .
    Purdy needs to get out there and play, still a very win-able game. This reminds me of when Colt McCoy got hurt against Alabama and ed out because of his "future", went on to do jack in the NFL. Purdy's career may not recover if he doesn't get out there and at least try to play.
    Niners win this game if Purdy wasn't a .
    Hasn't gone back to the locker room at all. Trainers were with him a bit but otherwise he's been by himself throwing on the sidelines. Think he got intimidated.
    9ers should start Trey Lance next season. Not that he's any good but this kid Purdy is obviously a pussy. Sitting out a playoff game over a slap on the wrist
    “hE wAs jUsT bEiNg a PuSsY!”

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Makes me feel better tbh. Hope he has a full and swift recovery.

How the H does Purdy not see the rusher coming?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    He’s a 7th round rookie.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Kyle had a TE blocking one of their best pass rushers. This bit us in the ass last season too.

He’s a 7th round rookie.
    Was 8-0 as a starter, including 2 playoff wins.
    He'd seen rushes before.

Kyle had a TE blocking one of their best pass rushers. This bit us in the ass last season too.
    Ya Cincy did the same thing on some plays. You can have a GOOD blocking TE on a beast. Not an average one.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Was 8-0 as a starter, including 2 playoff wins.
    He'd seen rushes before.
    Oh sure yeah, a 7th rounder with 8 starts should have Peyton level pocket awareness.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Absolutely. The rust belt teams are where football was born and bred and where football loyalty will always come first.

People in LA, Dallas and Florida care more about liquor, beer, and who they're ing that night and they neglect the actual game. Not the case in Pitt/GB/PHI/BUF, even CIN/CLE/IND and to a lesser extent MIN/CHI/DET. Like Cris Collinsworth once best said it, even the ladies of those fanbases know their football down to the finest detail.

The Patriots and the NY/NJ area teams are in their own category because they're full of ty bandwagoners. They're not rust belt; they're just big cities on the east coast.
    Partly true, but also brain drain. Let's face it most intelligent people that grow up in these rust belt cities, go on to University, get a degree, then move somewhere South/West Coast instead of staying in their hometown where it snows half the year. And anybody who takes football serious enough to get extremely emotionally invested is a) someone without many hobbies b) not very intelligent or c) most likely both. Bucktooth Bob from Podunk St in Philadelphia who has only ever worked at his dad's autobody shop, probably is not going to have a lot of varied interests in life compared to Chad who grew up in Chestnut Hill then went on to major in Business at Penn State before moving to Dallas making $100k/ year. At 26, Chad is probably too busy enjoying the city nightlife, networking with his old frat bros from college, investing, getting promoted, saving up for a house, and banging Stacies to worry about the Eagles anymore. Bucktooth Bob, however, probably has 20 differnet jerseys hanging in his sh!tty mancave and was too poor/limited to move out of Philly...therefore he saves all his energy for getting drunk at the tavern with his buddies on the weekend and looking forward to The Big Eagles Game on Sunday year after year

IMO, you could swap Philly out with any of those cities you listed except for Chicago and maybe Minneapolis

Oh sure yeah, a 7th rounder with 8 starts should have Peyton level pocket awareness.
    Nice goalpost move Ralphie.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Nice goalpost move Ralphie.
    You’re the one acting like a rookie having less than stellar pocket awareness is some unprecedented thing.

It takes Peyton Manning level stellar pocket awareness to see a rush coming from the strong side.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

How could a rookie with 8 career starts make such a rookie mistake?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

Yeah, I just saw and I was going to comment.

It didn't look like much but it clearly was. Hopefully this isn't a signal of him being made of glass, tbh.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    How the Pro Bowl has fallen.

From this, to flag football.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Love how the Eagles are still celebrating tackles like they're doing something impressive.

Hope they get murdered by Chiefs/Bengals.
    Not exactly murdered, but still... these arrogant pricks. Got what they deserved, tbh.

Thread Information