Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Kellen Moore just got the axe right now. Long overdue, but I'll take it now.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/kell...#post-12580232

Eagles probably are going to win the Super Bowl for the second time in five years.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    The Moore firing is just shuffling deck chairs on the anic. Honestly, I thought he was solid overall just got figured out like most O coordinators do after a few years. Seems like McCarthy knows he's got one more year left to fix things and wants complete control of the ship

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Moore firing is just shuffling deck chairs on the anic. Honestly, I thought he was solid overall just got figured out like most O coordinators do after a few years. Seems like McCarthy knows he's got one more year left to fix things and wants complete control of the ship
    tnh Moore didn't call wildly different plays than Linehan

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Largely true. Moore was with Linehan as a backup QB for a long time (7 years I believe), both in Detroit and in Dallas.

The Air Coryell passing system which sends most guys deep with one RB or TE checkdown option -- does no benefits to Dak Prescott. A more west coast type scheme like what the 49ers and Rams have done would definitely benefit Prescott and make him look like an MVP candidate, reduce his INTs and sacks, and hide his shortcomings like anticipatory throws over the middle and down the numbers that Prescott isn't very good at.

McCarthy's offense with Aaron Rodgers was very screen heavy, emphasized passing on 1st downs more than running but a lot of quick passes over the middle on 1st down which is one of Prescott's greatest strengths. Get the easy 5 to 9 yards with three curls on 1st if you can't pick up the first down on first down. Take a shot on play action on 2nd or run it to keep the defense honest. Hopefully then if you get to third down it's third and short so Rodgers/Prescott won't have to do to much to move the chains.

With Moore/Linehan it was always all or nothing. If the o-line wasn't having a great running game then it was all in the hands of Prescott to play hero ball and throw 20-30 deep bombs which isn't his specialty. With Moore in particular you could count on either a run up the middle or play action every 1st down. If the play action shot wasn't there then Dak isn't good enough to know what to do to improvise and pick up consistent positive gains unlike better QBs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bingo. He'll have one year as the HC/OC with Quinn as DC. If that can't get us over the hump (at least to the championship game and either a close loss in said game or a Super Bowl birth) then Dallas will clean house.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    rofl

sons, like clockwork whenever a flashy Cowboys player is up for a big contract he's all of a sudden "Top 5 player at his position" (Miles Austin, Vander Esche, Jaylon Smith, etc) now Tony Pollard is ranked the 3rd best RB in the NFL

https://nflpa.com/posts/the-players-all-pro/#top5

the manufactured Cowboys hype for ratings continues IMO either that or it's a NFL-wide conspiracy to get Jerruh to break out the check

McFatty to call plays next year per Jerrah.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yup. And on the other hand, I just don't know if they have the players to be creative with. I think they're weak as at the WR position. Pollard is someone who would probably excel with a different scheme but they don't have the other pieces to make that work. Lamb is fine but he's not a prototypical WR1. At least not with Dak. I can see him being a Michael Thomas kind of player but you've got to have a QB that can consistently put the ball in a tiny window on the short routes. Dak can't seem to do that.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    C ya Zeke
    Cowgirls finally rid themselves of that dead weight

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ~23K~ ............ in 2023 !!!!!

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    Post Count
    Can't wait to finally see Dak with a competent playcaller.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Can't wait to finally see Dak with a competent playcaller.
    You really think Schottenheimer's son is that competent?

He was pretty terrible in the second half of his stint in Seattle.

Post Count
    You really think Schottenheimer's son is that competent?

He was pretty terrible in the second half of his stint in Seattle.
    McFatty is calling the plays not schottenheimer.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    McFatty is calling the plays not schottenheimer.
    Oh. Oh. Okay. Expect a lot of quick screens to the wide receiver on first down. Alternating with quick four curls and usually a very quick throw to one of the tight ends over the middle for 5-7 yards on first down. Hopefully those are plays that Prescott can execute consistently. In Green Bay in the Rodgers era he LOVED to use the short passing game in lieu of the run on 1st down. Get ready for a "pass to set up the run" heavy approach to the offense.

Post Count
    Oh. Oh. Okay. Expect a lot of quick screens to the wide receiver on first down. Alternating with quick four curls and usually a very quick throw to one of the tight ends over the middle for 5-7 yards on first down. Hopefully those are plays that Prescott can execute consistently. In Green Bay in the Rodgers era he LOVED to use the short passing game in lieu of the run on 1st down. Get ready for a "pass to set up the run" heavy approach to the offense.
    McCarthys run packages are way better than Moores so I'm pretty excited about that. I'm not worried at the passing game because Dak is a dawg and will play at an elite level as long as we don't have to run out with Dennis Houston as our #2 again.

How is Tony Pollard really doing vs what the Cowboy PR ticket sellers have been instructed to peddle?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Trevon Diggs paid 5 year 97 million extension on top of this his final year on his rookie contract (2nd round pick). AAV 19.4M/ year. I want some of that bread. I can get interceptions and not tackle so well and give up lots of yards too.

ing assholes blacked out the cowboys game here in austin

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Christ, so much empty words coming from training camp...tbh in all my years of fandom, I'm not sure if I've actually hated a team I'm supposed to root for more than this year's Cowboys IMO. Just so tired of these @$$holes, choke year after year for 20 years, and yet this year it's supposed to be different ROFL.

Only thing that would satisfy me is if somebody carpet bombed their entire training camp facility tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Christ, so much empty words coming from training camp...tbh in all my years of fandom, I'm not sure if I've actually hated a team I'm supposed to root for more than this year's Cowboys IMO. Just so tired of these @$$holes, choke year after year for 20 years, and yet this year it's supposed to be different ROFL.

Only thing that would satisfy me is if somebody carpet bombed their entire training camp facility tbh
    Yeah, agreed. I went there (River Ridge Playing Fields, barely saw a few staff and some camp bodies participate) on my Cali trip on August 9th, 2021 and I was there an hour or two and was like it I'm going to six flags (magic mountain) instead of watching this crap.

I don't get the point of having that in Oxnard, LA, California anyway. It's sort of alienating your Texas base and nationalizing the team for the sake of profiteering. Jerry stinks. He's the very definition of a vulture capitalist, even though I like the fact he didn't shut down the stadium for business during the plandemic.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Yeah, agreed. I went there (River Ridge Playing Fields, barely saw a few staff and some camp bodies participate) on my Cali trip on August 9th, 2021 and I was there an hour or two and was like it I'm going to six flags (magic mountain) instead of watching this crap.

I don't get the point of having that in Oxnard, LA, California anyway. It's sort of alienating your Texas base and nationalizing the team for the sake of profiteering. Jerry stinks. He's the very definition of a vulture capitalist, even though I like the fact he didn't shut down the stadium for business during the plandemic.

well....I'm hoping the team is also there tbh

This bunch is flat out sickening. I shouldn't wish death on them, but it would be nice if they all got teleported to an alternate universe where I never could possibly hear about them again. 20 years of LITERALLY the same thing over and over and over. I can't even make Bot jokes anymore, because they were just as mediocre BEFORE and AFTER him...literally no difference, you know you're a sorry franchise when you let Jason F*cking Garrett off the hook. Is there any other franchise that has had a 20 year run like this in any sport? I seriously wouldn't doubt if such a long string of 'average mediocrity' has ever been or will ever be topped. This is an unprecedented dynasty of middling mediocrity tbh. Other than the occasional season where they suck horribly, usually due to key injuries, this team literally shows promise then falls apart in hilarious fashion in late December, the Wild Card game, or Divisional Round. Even with ENTIRELY different players and coaching staffs How many countless hours have been wasted watching these j@ckoffs hoping for a different outcome in the span of two decades?

tbh they take the same iden y of most of the population of DFW....fairweather frontrunning bags, who are over the top smug and arrogant for no apparent reason despite being useless at pretty much everything IMO. Hoping one of these Sundays they have a home game, an errant asteroid can strike the Big D and we start with a complete clean slate imho

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So when does Lance take over at QB? I put the o/u at 5 games tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So when does Lance take over at QB? I put the o/u at 5 games tbh.
    There's probably plenty of reasons why this trade happened: A lot has to do with Dak. Pressure, contract leverage, etc.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    There's probably plenty of reasons why this trade happened: A lot has to do with Dak. Pressure, contract leverage, etc.
    Daks getting paid next year no matter what, there is no leverage. 9ers got fleeced by the dolphins, and then the boys

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Daks getting paid next year no matter what, there is no leverage. 9ers got fleeced by the dolphins, and then the boys
    I would love to move on from Prescott. Whether it's Trey Lance or Cooper Rush, or a mix of both, I wouldn't mind completely discarding Prescott at the end of the season, benching him this year, maybe trading him for peanuts to a team willing to absorb most of his salary cap hit.

Prescott and Elliott era bursting on to the scene was fun in 2016 while it lasted but really 2016 was a toxic year that I'd change everything about if I had to do it over again. Prescott and Elliott symbolized everything that changed in my life for the worse. It appears my divorce will be finalized between now and January, and the courtship and marriage literally coincided with that 13-3 fool's gold season, literally the first date with my now-ex from out of country was the day after the opening game where Terrence Williams didn't go out of bounds. Sept 11, 2016. Remember that one? Yeah. I watched it from top golf in Carrollton TX. Stomped out of there dejectedly. But yeah. Didn't foresee that I would be getting married and getting a mortgage on a house before the end of 2016. Didn't foresee Trump beating Hillary, either. Also being a 22 year old dip and losing my job because I was immature and stupid back then. So many stupid choices. Though Trump beating Hillary was a good unexpected surprise.

I just want to get the bad taste of 2016 out of my mouth permanently which means getting a permanent divorce from my old black ex-wife as well as from Dak and Zeke forever.

last time Romo started a game for us, even a preseason game, my life was good and I was baggage free tbh with a newly-won bachelor's degree and essentially a clean slate in life.

Thread Information