My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards changed their coverage but I also feel like Pop pulled back the reins on Sochan after his outburst. Didn't play him for like ten minutes between periods.

I don't see why KBD plays 34 minutes unless you want to bore fans to death and lose games.

Hmm...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards changed their coverage but I also feel like Pop pulled back the reins on Sochan after his outburst. Didn't play him for like ten minutes between periods.

I don't see why KBD plays 34 minutes unless you want to bore fans to death and lose games.

Hmm...
    He had to cover Sochans foul trouble. Picked up #4 early in the second half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins has been way better than Poeltl for a while now, it’s time to activate the trade machine and put Zach in the starting lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins has been way better than Poeltl for a while now, it’s time to activate the trade machine and put Zach in the starting lineup.
    We should have sold high on Jak when we had the chance. The problem with Zollins is he is abit of a tweener. Not quite a center, not quite a modern day 4 but I’d love to see what he could do as a consistent starter.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It definitely felt like Pop was trying to move away from whatever momentum they had in the first quarter. It makes sense in the big picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should get an A+ for the loss tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It definitely felt like Pop was trying to move away from whatever momentum they had in the first quarter. It makes sense in the big picture.
    Yeah, the foul trouble is important. But I do think Pop wants to cool Sochan down a little. It's clear he can score, but it's still coming in certain specific ways and letting him spam those moves isn't really teaching him. Sort of goes with Pop's 'he's wild' comments. It's good to be wild, in ways, but Ginobili was years older and knew the game more at that point. You don't want Sochan to think he can do it all and then get stuck in grooves.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well done, the Spurs have their sights on the big prize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. For a whole 1st quarter I saw Sochan just forcing his will unto the opponents’ chest in the tune of 15pts, giving the Spurs 36-30 lead at the end of 1st quarter. Pop saw what he wanted to see and gave Branham and Blake their chance. Right now it’s all about giving our youngsters playing minutes to develop, and if it turns into a loss, so be it, it gets Spurs closer to better pick. No qualms there about “why Pop pulled a guy when he’s hot.” See the big picture.

I like Collins a lot. Again, the guy competes, defends every possession and never complains, and he’s getting rewarded for his hard work. Poeltl, on the other hand, has to be nudged to respond, youndon’t know when he will play hard or decides to take laps on the court.

KBD has to be getting showcased with his 36 minutes of play. Somebody interested? He is long, can defend and hit 3’s. I think we could be seeing his last games with the Spurs, to make room for Roby, even Stanley getting more consistent minutes.

I enjoyed the game. I watched Keldon, Sochan and Collins playing good, and a Loss at the end. Good vibes here
    Last edited by John B; 01-31-2023 at 01:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only showcasing KBD is getting is for if we cut him and PATFO wants to see him make another roster. He has 0 trade value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades! To the bottom three with glee. That 1st quarter did look good though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD is a mystery to me. He often makes a good move to the basket, gets in close, and then misses a virtual layup. Look at the performance stats on two pointers, many of which are in the lane. Oh well, if he can't put 'em down someone else will come along who can.

Thread Information