Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current top spots for Wama sweepstakes.

Stephen Silas Rockets
    . Strong candidate and current front runner. Some very impressive screw ups.

Dwayne Casey Pistons. Great start but running into some wins lately. Still holding down #2.

Gregg "CIA" Pop Spurs. Rough start to the season but really hitting stride now.

Steve Clifford Hornets Still in solid contention for bottom 3

Jamahl Mosley Magic. 5-5 recently, slipping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop wins by a landslide, because he's playing his rookies (unlike the Charlotte's) and developing them the right way (unlike Houston's who are being thrown under the bus).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking is not in Pop’s vocabulary. The right term is rebuilding. And if they happen to lose, then be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-12 for the Spurs last bakers dozen.
    Better then any of the other 5, and indeed the Spurs have sole possession of 3rd.

.266 was Pops career launching 1997 record.
    .269 at present.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as the Spurs end up with a top 4 pick, this will be a successful tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop had the balls to deal his #1 player in DJM getting hauls, likewise shipping White, cleared the Vets the previous year, to play Rookies who are developing pretty well despite the record, and Spurs are within reach in getting a generational talent of either Wemby or Scoot? I’d say Pop is doing a great job!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The race for #5 is going to be really interesting after the trade deadline. With Silver’s warning about blatant tanking, I don’t believer anyone outside of the bottom 4 can crash that party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The race for #5 is going to be really interesting after the trade deadline. With Silver’s warning about blatant tanking, I don’t believer anyone outside of the bottom 4 can crash that party.
    The parity across the league and the play-in are definitely working in our favour. Magic are caught in no-mans land but every-other team should be gunning for the playing as they aren’t catching the bottom 4.

We are a lock for a bottom 4 seed. If Jak/Jrich are moved at the deadline we are a lock for a bottom 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The parity across the league and the play-in are definitely working in our favour. Magic are caught in no-mans land but every-other team should be gunning for the playing as they aren’t catching the bottom 4.

We are a lock for a bottom 4 seed. If Jak/Jrich are moved at the deadline we are a lock for a bottom 3.
    5th isn’t a terrible spot, and it’s attainable by multiple teams. The odds are 42.1% for a top 4 pick, and 10.5% for #1. I can see an absolute death battle for 5 and 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5th isn’t a terrible spot, and it’s attainable by multiple teams. The odds are 42.1% for a top 4 pick, and 10.5% for #1. I can see an absolute death battle for 5 and 6.
    Agreed, I just feel that unless you lose a main player to injuries like DDR, Dame, Beal etc given the parity you should be gunning for the play-in.

This is the most open NBA season in recent memory.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, I just feel that unless you lose a main player to injuries like DDR, Dame, Beal etc given the parity you should be gunning for the play-in.

This is the most open NBA season in recent memory.
    Because of the parity, one of the most interesting things about this deadline is finding out who's going to be buyers. Even a team like Orlando could potentially be a sneaky buyer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of the parity, one of the most interesting things about this deadline is finding out who's going to be buyers. Even a team like Orlando could potentially be a sneaky buyer.
    They need to consolidate some of their pieces. Between TRoss, Gary Harris at the 2 and Cole Anthony, Suggs, Fultz at point they might be able to turn that into one solid vet. Mo Bamba also seems to have fallen out of favour.

If Isaac stays healthy and they move the above plus use their cap space wisely they could easily be a solid playoff team next season.

They did a great job selling high on Vuc/Gordon. If only we could have done the same with DDR/LMA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to consolidate some of their pieces. Between TRoss, Gary Harris at the 2 and Cole Anthony, Suggs, Fultz at point they might be able to turn that into one solid vet. Mo Bamba also seems to have fallen out of favour.

If Isaac stays healthy and they move the above plus use their cap space wisely they could easily be a solid playoff team next season.

They did a great job selling high on Vuc/Gordon. If only we could have done the same with DDR/LMA.
    I'm with you on that.... I try to look at it from our perspective, who would we have that would interest them, but there isn't much. Devin is the only one I can see if I squint a little but, with his injury that's probably not feasible either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you on that.... I try to look at it from our perspective, who would we have that would interest them, but there isn't much. Devin is the only one I can see if I squint a little but, with his injury that's probably not feasible either.
    I’d move Vassell for Issac but doubt they would. If we could package multiple seconds and McD for Mo Bamba I’s take a flier there. Especially if we are able to move Jak for an FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-18*

Just an incredible run by Pop. But Houston and Detroit remain formidable opponents.

Gregg Pop, fresh off a one game medical leave, came roaring back from his broken streak with 2 losses to the Houston Rockets.

Pop has thus now pulled within a half game of Silas of the Rockets and Dwayne Casey of the Pistons.

No stranger to high stakes losing, Pop has channeled his 1996-7 epic .266 % which laid the foundation for the Spurs next 20 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d move Vassell for Issac but doubt they would. If we could package multiple seconds and McD for Mo Bamba I’s take a flier there. Especially if we are able to move Jak for an FRP.
    Vassell for Isaac?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The back to back Rocket blowouts were a thing of beauty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is Pop's best coaching season since 2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is Pop's best coaching season since 2017
    Getting Wemby and Pop retiring is a dream come true.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If by some miracle they land Victor - I don’t believe Pop will be able to leave. Him coaching the team may be required initially by everyone involved. JMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop retiring is a dream come true.
    Fixed it for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If by some miracle they land Victor - I don’t believe Pop will be able to leave. Him coaching the team may be required initially by everyone involved. JMO.
    Anyone who thinks Pop's done should the Spurs draft at #1 is not thinking straight. Now, if the Spurs fall to 4th or 5th...then maybe....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have some bad news for you. If we pull Wemby in the draft, Pop is going nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who thinks Pop's done should the Spurs draft at #1 is not thinking straight. Now, if the Spurs fall to 4th or 5th...then maybe....
    Nah.

Im about convinced its going to take a health scare, or maybe RC saying its time, but who knows.

We’ve had him retiring for 5 years now.

Thread Information