Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ce la vi

Beleaguered Crypto Billionaire Was Hobnobbing at White House Just Six Months Ago

https://freebeacon.com/biden-adminis...ix-months-ago/

A cryptocurrency billionaire facing federal investigation for mishandling customer funds had high-level White House meetings just months ago, as Congress was debating how to regulate his company—and just weeks before he pledged to donate up to $1 billion to Democrats ahead of the midterm campaign.

Sam Bankman-Fried, the owner of cryptocurrency exchange FTX, met on April 22 and May 12 with top Biden adviser Steve Ricchetti, according to White House visitor logs reviewed by the Washington Free Beacon. At the time, FTX was lobbying Congress and federal agencies to shape regulation of the crypto industry.

The meetings are likely to raise questions about the extent to which Bankman-Fried used the promise of political donations to nudge Democrats toward helping his firm. FTX is teetering on the brink of insolvency after announcing it could not fulfill its customers’ withdrawal request due to lack of funds. Bankman-Fried lost nearly all of his $16 billion fortune in the liquidity crunch. And his troubles might get worse. The Securities and Exchange Commission and Commodity Futures Trading Commission are investigating whether FTX mishandled customer deposits in order to prop up the 30-year-old entrepreneur’s hedge fund, Alameda Research, according to Bloomberg News.

It is a remarkable fall for Bankman-Fried, who has emerged as one of the Democratic Party’s biggest campaign donors. He gave more than $5 million to Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign, and has given millions more this cycle to the Democratic Party. In early May, between his first two visits to the White House, Bankman-Fried doled out $865,000 to the DNC, according to Federal Election Commission records. Earlier, in March, he cut three checks totalling $66,500 to the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, and later in June he sent $250,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

He said in June, weeks after his most recent White House meeting, that he might give up to $1 billion to support Democrats in the midterms, though he backed away from that pledge in September.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 30-year-old Bankman-Fried has been a major force in Democratic politics, ranking as the party’s second-biggest individual donor in the 2021–2022 election cycle, according to Open Secrets, with donations totaling $39.8 million. That ranks only behind George Soros (about $128 million) but ahead of many other big names, including Michael Bloomberg ($28.3 million). What’s more, he had promised to spend far more on Democrats moving forward, predicting in May that he’d fund “north of $100 million” and had a “soft ceiling” of $1 billion for the 2024 elections.
    Bankman-Fried was a major donor to President Joe Biden in the 2020 election and is the primary donor to the Protect Our Future PAC, the political action committee which endorsed Democratic candidates such as Peter Welch, who this week won his bid to become Vermont’s next senator, and Robert J. Menendez of New Jersey, who secured a House seat.

https://fortune.com/2022/11/10/sam-b...biggest-donor/

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we didn't even need him this time around to beat you, hater?

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukraine Partners With FTX, Everstake to Launch New Crypto Donation Website
    FTX is converting crypto contributions to Ukraine’s war effort into fiat for deposit at the National Bank of Ukraine.

The Ukrainian government launched a new crypto donations website on Monday, streamlining its multimillion-dollar effort to turn bitcoin into bullets, bandages and other war materiel.
    “Aid for Ukraine,” which has the backing of crypto exchange FTX, staking platform Everstake and Ukraine’s Kuna exchange, will route donated crypto to the National Bank of Ukraine, Everstake’s Head of Growth Vlad Likhuta told CoinDesk. Ukraine’s crypto-savvy Ministry of Digital Transformation is also involved.
    The country's collective efforts have already raised some $48 million in bitcoin (BTC), DOT, ether (ETH), SOL, tether (USDT) and other cryptocurrencies, according to the website. Other estimates place the amount closer to $100 million, but totals vary with market swings and exactly which websites are included.

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022...ation-website/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you going to post the same thing in three threads?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP's meltdown
    MAGA s will eat up literally anything

Here's another one to add to the conspiracy, tbh...

Miami Heat to cut ties with bankrupt FTX, rename arena
    Miami-Dade County and the Miami Heat are ending their arena naming rights deal with bankrupt cryptocurrency firm FTX.
    The county, which owns the arena, signed a 19-year, $135 million deal for the bayfront Heat homecourt's name in 2021. After an initial balloon payment of $14 million, FTX was scheduled to make a $5.5 million payment in January.
    The arena will still technically be referred to as FTX Arena for Saturday's game between the Heat and Charlotte Hornets, but signage and the name will soon come down.
    "The reports about FTX and its affiliates are extremely disappointing," the county and team said in a joint statement. "Miami-Dade County and the Miami HEAT are immediately taking action to terminate our business relationships with FTX. We will be working together to find a new naming rights partner for the arena."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ame-home-arena

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boo hoo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Busted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sonja van den ende
    @SonjaEnde
    Independent journalist. Geopolitical commentator. Follow me on my website (Dutch). Reporting from the Donbass and Russia
    Media & News Company
    Moscow, Russia
    Joined March 2013

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Internet Archive FTMW

Zelensky's FTX donation site has been scrubbed: https://donate.thedigital.gov.ua/

but Internet Archive still has it

https://web.archive.org/web/20221013...igital.gov.ua/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lery

Ding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your conspiracy theory here, hater?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your conspiracy theory here, hater?
    it was a bipartisan shop; SBF's partner Ryan Salame gave $24 million to the GOP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . s gona get real soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh hey, did somebody post this funny tweet yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing Media sat on this until after the midterms.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it $100 million or $40 million?

Thread Information