Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he didn’t.

Of course there were crybabies back then. Laimbeer, jordan, but to compare with players today? Durant, harden, westbrook, Kyrie. It’s embarrassing. The league has bent over backwards and the players are taking over. This todays nba.
    it’s retribution from the players

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I'll get you a backbrace for all this current player BS & excuses you are carrying

And yet you seem anti-Warriors. The team that built from the ground up.

Do you work for ESPN Lefty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can agree on that. The league has gone soft on the players and they are now running the asylum. The players then followed suit and went soft on the court. The fans are now getting held hostage but kept being stupid and pay $150 for a nosebleed seat, $15 for a beer and $30 for parking while watching your favourite player in street clothes and the thirteenth man score the third 50 point game in the last 10 games shooting unguarded wide open threes and driving in the lane like it’s autobahn.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So he didn’t.

Of course there were crybabies back then. Laimbeer, jordan, but to compare with players today? Durant, harden, westbrook, Kyrie. It’s embarrassing. The league has bent over backwards and the players are taking over. This todays nba.
    Hate to sound like an old man … but Amb is right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can agree on that. The league has gone soft on the players and they are now running the asylum. The players then followed suit and went soft on the court. The fans are now getting held hostage but kept being stupid and pay $150 for a nosebleed seat, $15 for a beer and $30 for parking while watching your favourite player in street clothes and the thirteenth man score the third 50 point game in the last 10 games shooting unguarded wide open threes and driving in the lane like it’s autobahn.

The league is incredibly talented that’s why there is an explosion in scoring
    Not as many unskilled scrubs as in the 90s

But yeah paying exorbitant money to see stars in street clothes sucks, I agree

But fans are also re ed as they keep buying tickets only to be fleeced, load management has been a trend for years now
    They should stop going to games and vote with their wallets, that would force Stern Jr to tighten the leash.
    But that’s not going to happen, Muriican fans will keep buying tickets

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka got help!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka got a cancer who might walk to LA this summer. God I hope the Mavs got Irving to agree to sign an extension right away because otherwise they got fleeced.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Luka got a cancer who might walk to LA this summer. God I hope the Mavs got Irving to agree to sign an extension right away because otherwise they got fleeced.
    Cuban is a ing moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban is a ing moron.
    ROFL no contract offered by Dallas. He's gone this summer. WTF Mavs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Not sure what to think of this even in short term. Irving is a huge upgrade over Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith became kind of expendable because of Green's improvement I guess. They're not that good at drafting so maybe won't miss that first round pick... but they also won't be able to use it in other trades now. No idea how Irving and Luka will mesh. Basketballwise I guess it will be fine but not sure how Irving being a headcase will go over and if Irving will accept Luka's the boss there.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not being able to unload Hardaway or Bertans is brutal. Now Kyrie & Wood are gonna leave and there still won’t be any cap space

All for a minuscule little chance that Kyrie stays focused and Luka agrees to share the ball.

It’s a terrible trade but also I love it. Go down swinging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Not sure what to think of this even in short term. Irving is a huge upgrade over Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith became kind of expendable because of Green's improvement I guess. They're not that good at drafting so maybe won't miss that first round pick... but they also won't be able to use it in other trades now. No idea how Irving and Luka will mesh. Basketballwise I guess it will be fine but not sure how Irving being a headcase will go over and if Irving will accept Luka's the boss there.
    That 2029 pick is surely top 5 if they can't hold onto Doncic in the summer of 26.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka and Kyrie will be interesting, no doubt. I think this is a slight upgrade for the Mavs in the short-term. For the long-term.. who knows. Maybe they can get an unknown European as a free agent. There's also always the Luka and Dwight Howard pairing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 2029 pick is surely top 5 if they can't hold onto Doncic in the summer of 26.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Don’t like it much at all for Luka. Kyrie is absolutely the best offensive playmaker / scorer Luka will have played with in his NBA career. But it doesn’t scream perfect fit, or even great fit imo. And all the peripheral, non-basketball Kyrie brings will likely allow Luka to finally get the sayings “ me” and “kill me now.”

Also doesn’t seem like a wise investment for Cuban. Seems like a bad gamble. However, he might just be at a breaking point knowing how garbage the rest of the team is outside Luka that he’s just making the move because in his mind he needed to do something big or possibly lose Luka in the future. And at least with a move like this, he can appeal to Luka saying he tried and swung for the fences even if it blows up in his face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Don’t like it much at all for Luka. Kyrie is absolutely the best offensive playmaker / scorer Luka will have played with in his NBA career. But it doesn’t scream perfect fit, or even great fit imo. And all the peripheral, non-basketball Kyrie brings will likely allow Luka to finally get the sayings “ me” and “kill me now.”

Also doesn’t seem like a wise investment for Cuban. Seems like a bad gamble. However, he might just be at a breaking point knowing how garbage the rest of the team is outside Luka that he’s just making the move because in his mind he needed to do something big or possibly lose Luka in the future. And at least with a move like this, he can appeal to Luka saying he tried and swung for the fences even if it blows up in his face.
    They did need a decent PG though. Playing with someone from halfway across the flat Earth could be rewarding for the native American Kyrie.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not being able to unload Hardaway or Bertans is brutal. Now Kyrie & Wood are gonna leave and there still won’t be any cap space

All for a minuscule little chance that Kyrie stays focused and Luka agrees to share the ball.

It’s a terrible trade but also I love it. Go down swinging.
    This.
    Not mad at the deal I think nets could have got more …
    I think Dinwiddie was a better fit next to Luka but Kyrie has a much higher ceiling…
    Cubes can afford to pay him the $200 million …
    So we shall see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.
    Not mad at the deal I think nets could have got more …
    I think Dinwiddie was a better fit next to Luka but Kyrie has a much higher ceiling…
    Cubes can afford to pay him the $200 million …
    So we shall see
    You think the Mavs will be able to keep Doncic when he's up for free agency in '26? Because if not that '29 pick Brooklyn got is gold and will probably be top 5. Could end up looking like trade Utah did with the Lakers for Gail Goodrich.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh and Mavs nay have the most skilled offensive backcourt in NBA history but worst on dense in this year’s playoffs with wood as the rim protector and anchor

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They did need a decent PG though. Playing with someone from halfway across the flat Earth could be rewarding for the native American Kyrie.
    Mehh Mavs needed a prime Klay/Bradley Beal type next to Luka Simone that can catch and shoot but good enough to carry the team while he sat … an iso scorer like Kyrie is basically a Brunson on steroids… but less natural PG skills.

Plus why would kidd or Luka give the ball to a playmaker with less vision and a shoot first mindset?

Thread Information