Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Mehh Mavs needed a prime Klay/Bradley Beal type next to Luka Simone that can catch and shoot but hood enough ti carry the team while he sat … an iso scorer like Kyrie is basically a Brunson on steroids… but less natural PG skills.
    I'm not going to agree that Kyrie has less natural PG skills than Brunson. Brunson just isn't the 1st option quality of Irving, so Irving will look for his shot first, and as well he should. "Point guard" doesn't automatically conjure up "pass first" images unless you're still love sick over Stockton.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not going to agree that Kyrie has less natural PG skills than Brunson. Brunson just isn't the 1st option quality of Irving, so Irving will look for his shot first, and as well he should. "Point guard" doesn't automatically conjure up "pass first" images unless you're still love sick over Stockton.
    I have watched Brunson since college at Nova …
    And Kyrie since his half season at Duke …
    I would rather have Kyrie …
    But next to Luka being pass first is helpful
    Btw I think Stockton went from being an underrated star to being overrated in goat PG convos but that is just me for example Steph leapt Stockton years ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league is incredibly talented that’s why there is an explosion in scoring
    Not as many unskilled scrubs as in the 90s

But yeah paying exorbitant money to see stars in street clothes sucks, I agree

But fans are also re ed as they keep buying tickets only to be fleeced, load management has been a trend for years now
    They should stop going to games and vote with their wallets, that would force Stern Jr to tighten the leash.
    But that’s not going to happen, Muriican fans will keep buying tickets
    Hahaha. 18 year old vets still putting up numbers and being an integral part of the team. Lebron putting up numbers that are comparable to his prime at like 40 Years old. Rampant jaw profusion drugs. Sochan a no skill offensive player putting up 30 points and Braham scoring 26 points in like his 15th game in the league or something like that. Everyone can score in todays nba despite the fact that nobody has a post up game other than some euros. Sort ass players trying to act tough and waiting for people to pull them bag then throwing air punches. It’s worse than a bunch of suburban grade 7 kids.

No arguments in the rest.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What is it with Dallas sports owners and having this cuckold mindset of signing big-name players 5 years too late?

This is really a "championship or bust" type move for this season because one of three things are going to happen a) he'll go to LA in the offseason b) unlikely, but Cubes will sign him to a mega deal only for his body to start breaking down post-30 or c) he'll go full 'ooga booga' this season or next and sink the franchise/cause Luka to want out even sooner...

Either way, I like the chaos that this will inevitably bring...certainly more entertaining that inevitably bowing out in the first or second round with this limp roster. I wouldn't even call this "high risk/high reward" more like "high risk/medium reward"...still don't think they have what it takes to knocik off the elite teams in the West

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The incoming haul is pretty weak. Dinwiddie, as much as I like him, is no longer the player he was pre injury. Finney smith is Pretty bad on offence. The FRP could be good but that’s a huge gamble. Two SRPs is the equivalent in value to like a McDermott or a Josh Richardson.

They should’ve traded him to the lakers for the two FRPs and just blow the team up. Trade Durant for picks and young talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I have watched Brunson since college at Nova …
    And Kyrie since his half season at Duke …
    I would rather have Kyrie …
    But next to Luka being pass first is helpful
    Btw I think Stockton went from being an underrated star to being overrated in goat PG convos but that is just me for example Steph leapt Stockton years ago
    Brunson never averaged even five assists as a Mav, he never struck me as "pass first."

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Luka the teenaged babysitter

I'll take extra butter on my popcorn

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is it with Dallas sports owners and having this cuckold mindset of signing big-name players 5 years too late?

This is really a "championship or bust" type move for this season because one of three things are going to happen a) he'll go to LA in the offseason b) unlikely, but Cubes will sign him to a mega deal only for his body to start breaking down post-30 or c) he'll go full 'ooga booga' this season or next and sink the franchise/cause Luka to want out even sooner...

Either way, I like the chaos that this will inevitably bring...certainly more entertaining that inevitably bowing out in the first or second round with this limp roster. I wouldn't even call this "high risk/high reward" more like "high risk/medium reward"...still don't think they have what it takes to knocik off the elite teams in the West
    Are there even any elite teams in the West? The top 3 seeds are

1. Denver: on a 56 win pace
    2. Memphis: on a 50 win pace
    3. Sacramento: on a 46 win pace

As bad as I think this move was for Dallas the west has no one to really fear in a series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn now i have to hate the Mavs too despite Luka

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Brunson never averaged even five assists as a Mav, he never struck me as "pass first."
    Never said he was. In fact I said Kyrie was Brunson on steroids. I was implying that a guy that did not need the ball would be ideal and gave examples like younger Klay and Beal. Someone else mentioned pass first PGs and brought up Stockton

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Laker fan begging for this

How the once mighty fall. Pau ain't walking thru that door

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Laker fan begging for this

How the once mighty fall. Pau ain't walking thru that door
    Not me …
    I put us and Knicks as desperate…
    Also said Ballmer and Cuban could afford to throw a max at Kyrie tho I wouldn’t because I find fit dubious especially for Mavs more than clippers who have defenders to hide Kyrie
    Glad we didn’t offer two first and swaps for a team better on paper than on the court
    Still think we should make a smaller deal but if nothing good works out then I’m at peace …

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lefty no
    Last edited by LkrFan; 02-06-2023 at 09:45 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not me …I put us and Knicks as desperate…Also said Ballmer and Cuban could afford to throw a max at Kyrie tho I wouldn’t because I find fit dubious especially for Mavs more than clippers who have defenders to hide KyrieGlad we didn’t offer two first and swaps for a team better on paper than on the court
    Still think we should make a smaller deal but if nothing good works out then I’m at peace …

Kyrie (possibly) being a Mav rental and NOT going to the Clippers is a dub for me tbh.

If he doesn't re-sign with the Mavs this summer, the Mavs depleted assets for nothing then my dream of him bolting for LA one day is live and well haha.

And the Clippers doesn't get any better is the icing on the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets have had conversations with Toronto surrounding Fred VanVleet and Pascal Siakam per @TheSteinLine.

The goal is clear: find a second scoring option for Kevin Durant before Thursday’s deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie (possibly) being a Mav rental and NOT going to the Clippers is a dub for me tbh.

If he doesn't re-sign with the Mavs this summer, the Mavs depleted assets for nothing then my dream of him bolting for LA one day is live and well haha.

And the Clippers doesn't get any better is the icing on the top.
    Irving is an undeniable talent but a cancer and the ultimate headcase so it would be interesting to see him on LA - could help blow up another franchise is some probability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there even any elite teams in the West? The top 3 seeds are

1. Denver: on a 56 win pace
    2. Memphis: on a 50 win pace
    3. Sacramento: on a 46 win pace

As bad as I think this move was for Dallas the west has no one to really fear in a series.
    Nice to see us starting to transition out of the era of superteams tbh

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Thread Information