Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBF it didn't seem like Brunson was interested in staying in Dallas. Dude wanted to go to NYK.
    IIRC that all came later…Brunson wanted an extension, for even cheaper than he signed for NY and Dallas balked and negotiations stopped. Then he balled out and that deal was off the table and DAL never even really tried to match what NY offered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trading with the Lakers put your Spurs in the lottery. You'd have 25 year old Brandon Ingram leading you right now....and still have an opportunity to get Wemby (after all Pop is the tank Commander, circa 1996-1997).
    Lakers offered Kuz, Hart, and a FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    extremely busy

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://tenor.com/xwOK.gif
    You mean more like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC that all came later…Brunson wanted an extension, for even cheaper than he signed for NY and Dallas balked and negotiations stopped. Then he balled out and that deal was off the table and DAL never even really tried to match what NY offered.
    https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/new...pacers-pistons
    "Dallas could have signed Brunson to a four-year extension for as much as $55.5 million before the season, but the Mavs didn't offer it then, nor did they engage in negotiations with Brunson's representatives."

The Mavericks even declined an opportunity to get a contract extension done with Brunson as recently as January, per ESPN. Jalen's father, Rick, encouraged him to "take the money" to lock in the security of getting a deal done, but again, Dallas declined.

"I told him once the season is started, that's it," Rick Brunson told ESPN. "I told the Mavericks, 'Once the season is started, there's no contract talk,' and I went back against my word. In January, I thought he did enough where he deserved [the extension] in January. I said, 'Hey, take the money, man.' He wants security. He wants to live here. And they declined."
    Mavs had the ball in their hands and fumbled it, and by the time they realized they f*cked up, it was already too late. Serves them right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/new...pacers-pistons

Mavs had the ball in their hands and fumbled it, and by the time they realized they f*cked up, it was already too late. Serves them right.
    I mean Brunson is balling out on the Knicks but Somebody has to. They should have traded him for assets earlier same way we should with Keldon and Vassell. 2nd/3rd tier talent putting numbers up on 3rd/4th tier teams. Brunson is >Keldon/Vassell but still not even on DJ’s level. Extract value before they get paid elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Brunson is balling out on the Knicks but Somebody has to. They should have traded him for assets earlier same way we should with Keldon and Vassell. 2nd/3rd tier talent putting numbers up on 3rd/4th tier teams. Brunson is >Keldon/Vassell but still not even on DJ’s level. Extract value before they get paid elsewhere.
    He’s better than them now, but I will take Vassell next few years and prob Keldon too (but thats closer)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s better than them now, but I will take Vassell next few years and prob Keldon too (but thats closer)
    This. I think Vassell is someone to hold onto. It'll be interesting to see Keldon when he's not carrying so much of the scoring load.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t care for any of them now or longer term. Highly replaceable. So unless you have the peices in place for a decent playoff team keep flipping guys like this versus paying them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t care for any of them now or longer term. Highly replaceable. So unless you have the peices in place for a decent playoff team keep flipping guys like this versus paying them.
    Maybe thats how it ends up but I think they are winning players. You just need the star too.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is the latest? Lebron's plans have totally tanked. The Spurs are left with a lot of holes. Keldon imo is not very good, shot is horrible, undersized, can't close games. Poetl can't shoot. McDermott is worth a fifth round pick. I just don't see it fellas. 1-12, all of these dudes are horrible and unwatchable. Sad.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last trade deadline and this off season spurs pulled some tanking magic out they ass so i am going to remain hopeful that we move Poeltl for something cause aint no way we should be paying this dude 15 mil a year while we try to lose. We really shouldn't be paying Keldon 20 mil either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is the latest? Lebron's plans have totally tanked. The Spurs are left with a lot of holes. Keldon imo is not very good, shot is horrible, undersized, can't close games. Poetl can't shoot. McDermott is worth a fifth round pick. I just don't see it fellas. 1-12, all of these dudes are horrible and unwatchable. Sad.
    What exactly are you expecting?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early for both our wings. Brunson was 6 months from UFA before he ever had value.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ever wonder what the Lakers would be like if they still had Ingram, Hart, Kuz, Randle and even D’Lo?
    No les? No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No les? No thanks.
    fake ass bubble le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie deleted his apology to Jewish ppl lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie deleted his apology to Jewish ppl lol
    Saw that. Let's see how Markie Mark Cubes responds, if at all.
    I'm sure it will depend on any, and how much backlash.

You can hate and disagree with Kyrie all you and I do, but he sticks to his guns as much as he feels he can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can hate and disagree with Kyrie all you and I do, but he sticks to his guns as much as he feels he can.
    Sticking to your guns 100% of the time isn’t a strength, it’s a weakness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One thing I will say about Kyrie is he has taken plenty of cash off the table these
    last few years. Being anti vaxx cost him materially and he accepted that and never batted an eye. I don’t have strong opinions on his supposed anti semitism insensitive post.

Doubt Cuban or Dallas ppl give a care lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sticking to your guns 100% of the time isn’t a strength, it’s a weakness.
    Sometimes times yes, sometimes no.
    I don't look at things in black, or white.
    Everything is shades of gray and thoughtful compromise is key.

As far as Kyrie?
    You're probably right. No argument on that front.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I will say about Kyrie is he has taken plenty of cash off the table these
    last few years. Being anti vaxx cost him materially and he accepted that and never batted an eye. I don’t have strong opinions on his supposed anti semitism insensitive post.

Well I do know most Texans give no shiv about any anti-vaxxer, unless you're from the Austin area.
    Maybe El Paso.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN is running on their chryon that Irving felt "Very disrespected" by the Nets.

Like, why even ask him what he thinks? He's a full on looney-tunes. He feels disrespected not because they disrespected him, but because they wanted very basic things like, dunno, wearing a ing mask and getting the vaccine and, you know, not claim that Jewish people eat babies.

Just irresponsible journalism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kyrie got something like over a hundred million dollars from the Nets and played like twenty games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN is running on their chryon that Irving felt "Very disrespected" by the Nets.

Like, why even ask him what he thinks? He's a full on looney-tunes. He feels disrespected not because they disrespected him, but because they wanted very basic things like, dunno, wearing a ing mask and getting the vaccine and, you know, not claim that Jewish people eat babies.

Just irresponsible journalism.
    Why does anyone ask a Kardashian what they think?
    These are the Times we live in now.
    Sucks.

Thread Information