Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think theres still a path to Spurs LA deal (even if 3 team) if LA is rational. They can still add talent and not have to use 2 unprotected firsts if they stop trying to only get a star that is never available for what they have. Get some legit depth
    they might offer a protected pick for a richardson type but i dno if there’s a deal there if they passed on kyrie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe Dallas gave up so much unless Irving is ready to sign an extension right now.
    Knowing Cuban I wouldn’t bet on that. The guy just wanted to be the one landing the player everybody is talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they might offer a protected pick for a richardson type but i dno if there’s a deal there if they passed on kyrie
    I can see them wanting Doug/Josh/Jak to really bolster what they have depth wise…and I can still see them doing 3 team deal where SA gets WB too. Couple of paths.

Side note:

Looks like BKY isnt done (talks about moving Dinwiddie to another team and other moves)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how Irving and Luka could work side by side both needs the ball in their hands and big egos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how Irving and Luka could work side by side both needs the ball in their hands and big egos.
    Presumably the same way LeBron and Irving have worked in the past. Definitely risky for Dallas, but they were going nowhere anyway after making terrible mistakes, such as refusing to re-sign Brunson at 4/55.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Irving wanted to go to the Lakers, Nets’ owner Joe Tsai didn’t want to send him where he wanted to go. Good for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presumably the same way LeBron and Irving have worked in the past. Definitely risky for Dallas, but they were going nowhere anyway after making terrible mistakes, such as refusing to re-sign Brunson at 4/55.
    Lebron was experienced player with rings, best player in the league at that time, while kyrie was young and unproven. It was easy to accept lebron as a leader. Not so much with luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laughing at the Lakers. First Kawhi and now Irving lol
    F all those guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron was experienced player with rings, best player in the league at that time, while kyrie was young and unproven. It was easy to accept lebron as a leader. Not so much with luka.
    Well I meant basketball-wise. Nobody knows what's in Irving's head. Probably nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the situation they are, I honestly don't think they'd burn a FRP on Richardson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the situation they are, I honestly don't think they'd burn a FRP on Richardson.
    Richardson + a #2 might bring back a top 20 protected #1. Or Richardson and McD might bring back a lottery protected #1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least this didn't drag on until the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I meant basketball-wise. Nobody knows what's in Irving's head. Probably nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that all it was going to take to re-sign Brunson? How much did he get from the Knicks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that all it was going to take to re-sign Brunson? How much did he get from the Knicks?
    He signed for $100 mil with NY in the offseason, however, Dallas apparently had refused to give him a 4/55 extension multiple times during the season and not allow him to become a FA at all.

They shopped him during last year's trade deadline but didn't find a deal. Then he had a great second half of the season and playoffs and his value increased. Apparently he didn't even meet Dallas and give them the opportunity to re-sign him because he was salty and simply signed with NY at 12:01.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He signed for $100 mil with NY in the offseason, however, Dallas apparently had refused to give him a 4/55 extension multiple times during the season and not allow him to become a FA at all.

They shopped him during last year's trade deadline but didn't find a deal. Then he had a great second half of the season and playoffs and his value increased. Apparently he didn't even meet Dallas and give them the opportunity to re-sign him because he was salty and simply signed with NY at 12:01.
    Doesn't Brunson's dad work for the Knicks too?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't Brunson's dad work for the Knicks too?
    Yes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

I don't see that. Zero chance, a first in 4 years for J Rich or Doug... Maybe a three team trade if they want to unload Westbrook but unlikely too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Brooklyn there was a pecking order, too, or at least he and Durant co-existed pretty well. I can see Doncic and Kyrie working. With Doncic's gravity, he'll get him loads of looks everywhere. Could work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Luka is gone from Dallas and this move sealed it. They traded away all their picks for Zingy and Kyrie. This franchise is done.

If I’m Luka, I sign with Denver either in free agency or trade. Dallas gets back some picks plus Murray and Gordon. Seems fair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Luka is gone from Dallas and this move sealed it. They traded away all their picks for Zingy and Kyrie. This franchise is done.

If I’m Luka, I sign with Denver either in free agency or trade. Dallas gets back some picks plus Murray and Gordon. Seems fair
    Accounts are that he approved of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Accounts are that he approved of this.
    I’m sure he did. But Kyrie is a franchise killer and will bring drama to the Mavs. He will probably leave them as well and then Luka will once again have no second star as well as no draft picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure he did. But Kyrie is a franchise killer and will bring drama to the Mavs. He will probably leave them as well and then Luka will once again have no second star as well as no draft picks
    I don't disagree. Luka will be on the Lakers by the end of the decade. But this was the sort of big swing that could stop that. Christian Wood and Bertans wasn't cutting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Cuban will not be re ed enough to give drama queen a new max extension, Dallas pretty much had to for this 1/2 season rental.

Their offense outside of Doncic was just too sketchy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Cuban and Kyrie will get along just fine.I also think he’ll get extended. But don’t know that Luka and Kyrie will get along and work out well.

Thread Information