View Poll Results: is pop HC after this season?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 37.50%
  • no

15 62.50%
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wanna say yes but pop is military so ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think so, mostly because he's finally agreed to be listed for the HoF ballot.

He'll finish out the year, make an appearance at the HoF ceremony and prolly disappear from the NBA world.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    prolly disappear from the NBA world.
    i wonder about that. i feel like he won't do that.

manu did that easily cause he had a wife and young kids ...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i think pop sticks around.

not as HC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it depends on how the ping pong balls land.

I have zero actual insight or even evidence of this but part of me could see him coaching one more year as Becky gets additional time as HC in the WNBA and then comes back as HC.

Otherwise, I’m kind of hoping Manu steps in as our next HC. Maybe PJ will come out of retirement as lead assistant to him, as it sounds like they have a good relationship.

Either way, I do think Pop will retain his position as President of BBall ops.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    timmy was on the coaching staff because he's a homebody who took up the role manu declined. manu is international, obviously, and loves to travel.

tony just doesn't wanna be in san antonio tbh. he'd be a part of the lakers / heat / knicks org if he had played with them. chicago as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a hard time Pop would leave without a clearly established line of succession that we don’t/wouldn’t know about. I don’t think it’s Brett Brown or Mitch Johnson.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Otherwise, I’m kind of hoping Manu steps in as our next HC.
    manu has said he doesn't wanna coach.

things change but if he was a coach i really don't think it'd be right away. it'd be more towards when his kids are later into high school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I have a hard time Pop would leave without a clearly established line of succession that we don’t/wouldn’t know about. I don’t think it’s Brett Brown or Mitch Johnson.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of felt the same after hearing that too. Ugh back to the days of Cotton Fitzsimmons, Bob Weiss, Jerry Tarkanian, John Lucas, Bob Hill, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He'll finish out the year, make an appearance at the HoF ceremony and prolly disappear from the NBA world.
    I think that had more to do with wanting to not beat the big 3 into the hall. Tony is the last, and they’ll go in together. Why would he put up with this miserable ing season, and then walk away? Makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll draft Wemby and Pop will want to stay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that had more to do with wanting to not beat the big 3 into the hall. Tony is the last, and they’ll go in together. Why would he put up with this miserable ing season, and then walk away? Makes no sense.
    Comes in and goes out year before a generational talent??

Gives another coach a chance to shape/mold the next team led by said talent??

He's so chipper with these guys when old pop would have been in their ass. Makes sense from 50,000 ft. view

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think us sucking the past couple years has lead to pop sticking around. If we were winning 45 games and getting bounced in the first or second round I think pop would have retired. I think coaching a bunch of young players and trying to rebuild has presented a new challenge that second round exits would have presented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop would only leave if he could right the organization back to winning ways, before he pass the helm to the next HC. Sure the upcoming draft could determine a lot. A top 2 pick could mean one final year and we see a steady return to winning, then he goes out quietly without much announcement like Manu did. No last year so all other teams would make a hoopla of tributes. Man he would hate that. He would announce it in the off season and be gone, off to write a book. I doubt he’d even be part of the organization. Enjoy him as the last vestige of the championship years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no he's not going out with his 2nd worst record ever. You know the old man got too much pride

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to unfortunately coach until his body breaks down regardless of who the Spurs get in this upcoming draft. Pop is an egomaniac much like Brady and Lebron in which he wants to be able to do his craft forever just like those guys want to. He also has no life outside of basketball so retirement would be torture for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no he's not going out with his 2nd worst record ever. You know the old man got too much pride
    I’m torn. He seems to be enjoying himself and he is actually coaching quite well, especially relative to the DDR era. The DJ situation is probably evidence he is still heavily involved in trades/drafting decisions and that is where I’d like to see him removed and B Wright given his wings.

Coaching and player development are where Pop’s time is still very valuable.

The franchise as a whole needs a strategy to become compe ive again and it’s not just lucking out on Wemby. Developing high end role players and trading them for draft capital might not lead us anywhere for a very long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to unfortunately coach until his body breaks down regardless of who the Spurs get in this upcoming draft. Pop is an egomaniac much like Brady and Lebron in which he wants to be able to do his craft forever just like those guys want to. He also has no life outside of basketball so retirement would be torture for him.
    Doesn't Pop have a winery in Oregon or something? Guessing that's what he'd work on in retirement from the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't Pop have a winery in Oregon or something? Guessing that's what he'd work on in retirement from the league.
    I thought it was NoCal?

Sniffer dream weekend getaway at his B&B/Winery if opened to the public.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    kawhi said he would pick manu coaching over timmy. even though manu said he never wanted to coach.

Thread Information