Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I like him if u can't hit threes don't kno that anyone wants u nowadays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I like him if u can't hit threes don't kno that anyone wants u nowadays
    Since he moved on to Chicago, DeRozan has made one All NBA team,and two all star games. He doesn’t shoot the three often or very accurately. Teams would want him, and he’s a wing player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trent. Jr. opting in and the expectation being that they work together on a long term contract, is shocking.

Still, I can't see them losing Poeltl (if they do, that'd be the most inexplicably trade I can remember).

They're too arrogant to re-build and too cheap to pay the tax (not that they should for this mediocre, low ceiling outfit), so expect more or less the same.
    Last edited by TD 21; 06-20-2023 at 06:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trent might have been a planned opting in. This can get him to a team that's over the cap with things already worked out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back Jakob. And Murray too. , why not throw in Primo while you’re at it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob wants to play for a contender, and neither Pee-Wee Primo nor Murray and his IG drama will ever be Spurs again tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jak leaves, that trade will have to go down as one of the worst in history - perhaps only surpassed if Kyrie leaves Dallas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl will test the market. I’m not blaming him for getting the most, which could be his highest paycheck. But yes, this guy is all about the money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since he moved on to Chicago, DeRozan has made one All NBA team,and two all star games. He doesn’t shoot the three often or very accurately. Teams would want him, and he’s a wing player.
    And what's he known for? Always crumbling in playoffs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    other then raptors....who needs a center and can offer him money

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mid bring back Poeltl and Murray.

they’re both quality players.

you’d be foolish to not want them back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not want Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jak leaves, that trade will have to go down as one of the worst in history - perhaps only surpassed if Kyrie leaves Dallas
    Pippen for Olden Polynice. Tractor Taylor for Dirk. Vlade for Kobe. Harden for Ben Simmons is way worse tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen for Olden Polynice. Tractor Taylor for Dirk. Vlade for Kobe. Harden for Ben Simmons is way worse tbh.
    Gobert to Minnesota, Tatum + future pick for Fultz. Yes, Poeltl would be a senseless costly rental, but we've seen much worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trent might have been a planned opting in. This can get him to a team that's over the cap with things already worked out.
    Could have worked a S&T.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we re-sign Poeltl then trade him in 3 months for another FRP to a contender .

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is not a winning basketball player. Next to useless off the ball, can’t shoot.

His defense is decent but even that’s become overrated.

If you put the ball in his hands and maximise his effectiveness he’s not good enough to elevate a team to a winning record.

That trade with the Hawks was highway robbery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree about DJMs skills as a player. He’s good. But there is NO WAY I want him influencing the culture we build around Wemby.
    Making a run at Poeltl is tempting but probably won’t happen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can he test the market, where there is no market, since barerly anyone have cap space for free agent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree about DJMs skills as a player. He’s good. But there is NO WAY I want him influencing the culture we build around Wemby.
    Making a run at Poeltl is tempting but probably won’t happen
    Yeah, I agree. It's not solely based on his skills for me. It's more about his at ude and personality. I don't want that around Victor at all. Victor is already ahead in that department IMO. I don't want Murray dragging him down. If Murray had actually grown the way I thought he did before being traded, then I wouldn't mind him back. I just wouldn't want him causing issues in the locker room and influencing players the wrong way. Wembanyama is already a true Spur IMO based just on his personality and maturity at such a young age already. Even if the Spurs have even the tiniest issue about selecting him number one health wise, there is no issues about the type of person he is on and off the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl will test the market. I’m not blaming him for getting the most, which could be his highest paycheck. But yes, this guy is all about the money
    I don't blame him. Now is his time to collect that check, probably the last big deal he is going to get.

I doubt he feels a huge sense of loyalty for the team that dealt him to acquire Kawhi for one season, then for some reason gave up assets for a mid-season rental when they weren't even really in the contending picture. Maybe he really likes Toronto, maybe not...but I agree he will go to the highest bidder and I doubt that will be the Spurs.

How can he test the market, where there is no market, since barerly anyone have cap space for free agent
    Yeah, this is a really crappy year to be an FA since a bunch of teams are going to be making moves to shed salary and try to avoid the new CBA rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't blame him. Now is his time to collect that check, probably the last big deal he is going to get.

I doubt he feels a huge sense of loyalty for the team that dealt him to acquire Kawhi for one season, then for some reason gave up assets for a mid-season rental when they weren't even really in the contending picture. Maybe he really likes Toronto, maybe not...but I agree he will go to the highest bidder and I doubt that will be the Spurs.

Yeah, this is a really crappy year to be an FA since a bunch of teams are going to be making moves to shed salary and try to avoid the new CBA rules.
    I'm far form an expert, but wonder if the new CBA is going to limit the market or salary for players like this-very good role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm far form an expert, but wonder if the new CBA is going to limit the market or salary for players like this-very good role players.
    I think it depends on how teams approach.

Obviously, the Suns are going all-in with three guys (Booker, KD, and Beal). They won't be affected by the second apron for a couple years so they have a window, but it's going to become very expensive and very difficult to fill out talent around those three. Ishbia seems willing to open his wallet for the short term.

Other teams who are already in the tax and pushing the second apron will be looking for cheap talent, which means they would be low-balling players like Poeltl and hoping the chance to contend brings them in.

Stars are always going to get paid, so I think it will have a significant effect on the mid-tiers and role players

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d only bring him back if there is a “dunks” incentive in his contract.

Thread Information