Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The value of that Boston pick is difficult to figure out. If you're already getting the better pick (as long as it's not Boston's #1 overall pick), you're limiting the upside quite a bit.

Let's see what kind of protections this pick has. And let's see if it still flips to a second rounder right away.

Plus, I want to know if the Spurs got their second round pick this year. That looks like it could be quite valuable. A 30-something pick and a first rounder that isn't heavily protected -- and another second rounder? Yeah, pretty good -- especially compared to these other trades that were scaring me today
    I mean, it’s 2028 with the Spurs pick….how good of a pick from TOR would it have to be to choose that over your own pick? I would say anything 10+ and the BOS deal looks MUCH better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast the spurs didnt sign and trade jakob for absolutely nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone on a Raptors forum just pointed out that the trade fails in trade machine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, it’s 2028 with the Spurs pick….how good of a pick from TOR would it have to be to choose that over your own pick? I would say anything 10+ and the BOS deal looks MUCH better
    To me the important part of the protections isn't the initial one, but whether they get reduced in the following years. Say, top 10, top 8, top 8 or something like that would be great. If it turns into 2nds immediately then obviously the value plummets.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop trading with Toronto. Wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs desperately need a top2 pick in this upcoming draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 2023 Raptors second rounder would be 39 right now. That'd be a pretty sweet one to get in this trade, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop trading with Toronto. Wtf
    its like brian wrights goto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SRPs are so overvalued on this board. They rarely if ever turn into even 3 yr vets, let alone 10 yr vets, let alone all-star vets. Let alone HOF vets.

"So on a flat base, the odds that a team will find a player who sticks in the league for three-plus years in the second round are roughly the same as finding a player who isn’t good enough to ever play."

From a really good article I read recently:

https://the-cauldron.com/the-2nd-rou...total%20sample.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me the important part of the protections isn't the initial one, but whether they get reduced in the following years. Say, top 10, top 8, top 8 or something like that would be great. If it turns into 2nds immediately then obviously the value plummets.
    Absolutely - on the surface though with the only known (Khem) it screams SA settled and Jaks value wasn’t good….which then begs two questions: Why did SA tank his value and hold on too long and/or why didnt SA just keep him since he’s a good player (and this is from someone that wanted him traded - I just never thought his value fell so far assuming this pick is lottery protected or falls off sharply as you said)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 2023 Raptors second rounder would be 39 right now. That'd be a pretty sweet one to get in this trade, IMO.
    Lightly protected 1st and tor next two seconds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are saying you would take on that 2nd rounder for Khem’s deal in isolation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am going to jump off of a very high cliff if HOU lands Wemby lol

Mavs: Generational talent in Luka

NO: Possible multi all nba maybe MVP caliber if healthy Zion + extra picks

MEM: Franchise engine in Ja and JJJ

HOU: Generational talent possibly in Wemby + all of imploded BKY picks

SA: Khem Birch and a lottery protected pick lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone on a Raptors forum just pointed out that the trade fails in trade machine.
    Bwa haahahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You starting his ST fan page slick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely - on the surface though with the only known (Khem) it screams SA settled and Jaks value wasn’t good….which then begs two questions: Why did SA tank his value and hold on too long and/or why didnt SA just keep him since he’s a good player (and this is from someone that wanted him traded - I just never thought his value fell so far assuming this pick is lottery protected or falls off sharply as you said)
    I would have also favoured keeping Jak, even at something like 4/80 in the summer, but as far as trade value goes, I doubt his was ever that high. Role players that are about to get paid don't fetch 2 firsts, never have, let alone good firsts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good point

Guessing the Spurs get Banton too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good point

Guessing the Spurs get Banton too.
    Now we're cooking with gas...or hot air...one of the two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have also favoured keeping Jak, even at something like 4/80 in the summer, but as far as trade value goes, I doubt his was ever that high. Role players that are about to get paid don't fetch 2 firsts, never have, let alone good firsts.
    He’s a winning guy though so I at least expected a pick equal to or better than where he was drafted (10) + no ballast and maybe a player that has value (like a Richardson type).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of the day I am glad he’s gone. I didn’t want SA paying a Center who has quite frankly fallen off some 20M or anything close. I doubt he gets that. I bet 65m or something like that. But SA isnt going to be a playoff team even with Wemby and they arent finding a PG next year that is playoff ready either so Jak would still fall off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny that the discourse "Poeltl is a good rim protector" inflated last season by local residents, based on really very impressive, but deceptive statistics, began to fade this season. Some attribute the weak performance of the Austrian to the unwillingness of the rest of the team to defend. Others - on the wrong scheme. Still others on the lack of personal motivation. People don’t want to admit that there was nothing special there, because last season they all actively told how good Poeltl is.
    He's a role player that has never cost 2 FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A chance for six total first round picks in the 2024 and 2025 draft. A lot of draft assets to play with if we hit the lotto for Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on how bad this deal was for us IMO... I have reason to believe Toronto "owes us one" in the future.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be totally honest, the reason why I like this deal at first blush is because the other Raptors deal that I heard about today was Thaddeus, Banton and a heavily protected first that immediately flipped to a second rounder if it didn't convey. I'd rather the Spurs get Birch, a not as heavily protected first (hopefully) and two seconds.

This deal also looks better than what the Celtics were offering (PP, Gallo and that 2028 pick outright instead of the swap).
    ing , so this is going to be heavily protected huh?

Thread Information