Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I was about to publish. Thought I had a few hours. 2,000 words down the drain

But, yeah, the Raptors have been the team pushing the hardest for Poeltl for months now. Kinda like the trade at first look but have to look further.
    Please show me what I’m missing. Khem is terrible and has money guaranteed. Sure, SA gets more cap space this year, but it hurts it (SA still ok there but why take on any money) next year for a nothing player and relented on not only getting 2 picks but it’s protected and not even this years pick which looks like it could be lottery??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noway spurs we're paying poodle. Think tor got us again but the protection will be telling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hatteeeeeeee that they took on Khem in the deal. I wont care if its pick 8 or less protected but if its lottery protected and they took on Khem who unlike Jak has 7M guaranteed next season I will puke. So dumb to agree to Khem unless its a of a pick
    Meh, $7M to the Spurs right now at this stage isn't anything to worry about, IMO. It's not like they are going to be going after a big free agent this summer. They'll continue to have more cap space than they'll know what to do with for the next year, it appears to me, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate already it was Khem.. ok you dont get GTJ and a first, I get that. But you ask for 2 firsts, get only one and take on 30 year old Khem who has 7M on the books guaranteed next year????

I also dont love that it’s not this years pick??? WHY???
    It was always going to be Khem for salary matching purposes unless it was a three team trade, look at their contracts - there are hardly other alternatives. It's a cheap deal for a back up big, who cares. Not like the Spurs were going to use cap space in the summer in a meaningful way.

As for the pick being in 2024, it's difficult to know until we get info on the protections but perhaps, being where they are in the standings, they were more open to set a lower protection on their 2024 pick, rather than the 2023 one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COULDNT EVEN GET THE RAPTORS PICK THIS YEAR. any 2nd rounders we coulda gotten. just give us their 2023 1st unprotected

terrible day to be a spurs fan since game 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please show me what I’m missing. Khem is terrible and has money guaranteed. Sure, SA gets more cap space this year, but it hurts it (SA still ok there but why take on any money) next year for a nothing player and relented on not only getting 2 picks but it’s protected and not even this years pick which looks like it could be lottery??
    As I just posted, $7 million is whatev, IMO. For the next year, cap space doesn't appear like it'll be an issue.

I want to know the protection before I judge the trade, though. I like it well enough if the protection terms are decent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, $7M to the Spurs right now at this stage isn't anything to worry about, IMO. It's not like they are going to be going after a big free agent this summer. They'll continue to have more cap space than they'll know what to do with for the next year, it appears to me, tbh.
    But why take KHEM on when you are giving up the best player in the deal?? You have the asset and let’s say Jak was going to cost 20M…Now it would have only been 13M which is worth it for Jak.

Like, I get its “ok” to be lazy but why do they always do this unless taking on that contract was for a purpose….like very limited protections. Otherwise make them give you a decent player or expiring. Don’t care if they have enough space it’s just bad business period IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was always going to be Khem for salary matching purposes unless it was a three team trade, look at their contracts - there are hardly other alternatives. It's a cheap deal for a back up big, who cares. Not like the Spurs were going to use cap space in the summer in a meaningful way.

As for the pick being in 2024, it's difficult to know until we get info on the protections but perhaps, being where they are in the standings, they were more open to set a lower protection on their 2024 pick, rather than the 2023 one.
    Huh? Thad young is sitting right there…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea,this is not a great trade but a top 5 or soo protected would be nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a big fan of this draft in the 10 to 25 range so I like it being 2024 -- as long as the pick isn't exceptionally protected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a top 20 protected pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COULDNT EVEN GET THE RAPTORS PICK THIS YEAR. any 2nd rounders we coulda gotten. just give us their 2023 1st unprotected

terrible day to be a spurs fan since game 6
    No one is giving away their Wambanyama ticket. People should be way more reasonable when judging trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Zach starts with Bassey/Barlow as backups. I doubt they play Dedmon-walking, and Khem .
    Bassey might just play better than Poeltl was over the last 2 weeks.

Bassey potentially getting some consistent run in SA might just be the one silver lining I take from this depending on how protected the pick turns out to be.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I just posted, $7 million is whatev, IMO. For the next year, cap space doesn't appear like it'll be an issue.

I want to know the protection before I judge the trade, though. I like it well enough if the protection terms are decent.
    Define decent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t imagine this being worse than any offer we got tomorrow afternoon tbh! That’s probably my biggest issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont understand this always cavalier at ude of being lazy in deals just because “you can” lol. I really dont. Thad Young was right there for the taking.

I dont really care if SA doesn’t have plans for the cap space, Khem is a bad deal and no reason SA should have had that forced upon them IMO because its not good period. Not bad does not equal good.

It’s money they could have used to absorb maybe a Simmons deal next year vs not. Or whatever. Just no reason to be lazy for no good reason like saying it’s ok to overpay for a car just because you are rich. Value is value and SA better have gotten a GREAT pick for both relenting on 2 firsts and taking KHEM

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a top 20 protected pick
    Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is giving away their Wambanyama ticket. People should be way more reasonable when judging trades.
    WHat? Just protect it top 3 and problem solved..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nba low balling spurs into a corner again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 1-3 protected is probably the only way I’d say decent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 1-3 protected is probably the only way I’d say decent
    that be great imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Thad young is sitting right there…
    Doubt he was ever in play, he's a part of their rotation. Spurs have zero need of him.

The contract of Birch is cheap. It's weird getting wound up on the contract coming back. It's all about the pick's protections - this is what makes or breaks the deal from the Spurs perspective. Who cares if the Spurs have 60 mil or 53 mil of cap space plus a back up big in the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt he was ever in play, he's a part of their rotation. Spurs have zero need of him.

The contract of Birch is cheap. It's weird getting wound up on the contract coming back. It's all about the pick's protections - this is what makes or breaks the deal from the Spurs perspective. Who cares if the Spurs have 60 mil or 53 mil of cap space plus a back up big in the summer.
    Correct to a degree (which I already said). If it’s lightly protected like pick 8 or less. Don’t care much for Khem side because that was compensation for doing it. Top 10 or worse then I think it’s pretty silly to take on Khem for that when your asking price was 2 firsts and you only got one. And it’s not cheap. Khem isnt an nba player IMO. He’s eating up a solid number (not for Spurs but in general). He’s a league min guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHat? Just protect it top 3 and problem solved..
    It's solved if they wanted to do it. Clearly they weren't going to and no one else was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top4 protected would be nice, Top10 is acceptable, but I think it's time to burn it all down when it inevitably pops up in the teen's.

Course we won't know until tmrw since one of the biggest trades in NBA history came 5 minutes later.

Thread Information