Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

[FONT="]
    [/FONT]

They could import water in from Flint, MI.

The boil water advisory was lifted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...em/ar-AA17ndZm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Feb. 10, the EPA sent a letter to Norfolk Southern Railway Company reporting five toxic chemicals found in air, soil, or water surrounding the crash site. They are: vinyl chloride, butyl acrylate, ethylene glycol, isobutylene, and ethylhexyl acrylate.

https://www.statnews.com/2023/02/21/east-palestine-train-chemicals/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They love the President

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They love the President

But you guys said there's no problem there.

Trump inspecting his handiwork.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's concerning. It seems like if anyone wanted to create chaos, ing up a train rail would pretty simple.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They love the President

Unemployed man finds time for photo op before sitting President and transportation secretary, breaking news!

sycophant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unemployed man finds time for photo op before sitting President and transportation secretary, breaking news!

sycophant
    Is he unveiling his health care plan or explain how Mexico will pay for the wall?

Or is he just there to throw paper towels at the crowd?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They love the President

Imagine how stupid one has to be to not know -
    that trump -DE-REGULATING the train industry caused this accident and

not knowing that after 7 years - trump is playing the stupid - again - for fools - again!

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could import water in from Flint, MI.

The boil water advisory was lifted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...em/ar-AA17ndZm
    Fire both Whitmer & DeWine and replace them with ..... John Gibbs & JR Majewski

I Got 99 Problems But.... SpurForLife's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fire both Whitmer & DeWine and replace them with ..... John Gibbs & JR Majewski
    No Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    toxic chemicals from the cleanup being transported to Harris county for deep well injection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    toxic chemicals from the cleanup being transported to Harris county for deep well injection
    And Hotwheels will welcome them as he takes the money.

C'est la vie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how stupid one has to be to not know -
    that trump -DE-REGULATING the train industry caused this accident and

not knowing that after 7 years - trump is playing the stupid - again - for fools - again!

Get debunked nerd.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Get debunked nerd.
    You believe this fact checking site.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Get debunked nerd.
    So - NO HAZARDOUS materials/

Great

those trumpers can STFU up then and so can the traitor
    since this is a yuuge nothing-berger!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the Ohio EPA, approximately 2.7 million gallons of liquid wastewater have been hauled out of East Palestine in total. (Note: Yesterday's reported estimate of 3.2 million gallons should have read 2.5 million.)

Approximately 230,000 gallons have been shipped to Vickery Environmental in Vickery, Ohio, to be disposed of through deep well injection.
    Approximately 2.1 million gallons have been shipped to Texas Molecular in Deer Park, Texas, to be disposed of through deep well injection.
    Approximately 320,000 gallons have been hauled to Detroit Industrial Well in Romulus, Michigan to be disposed of through deep well injection.
    The Ohio EPA reports that approximately 1,970 tons of solid waste have also left the derailment site.

Approximately 290 tons have been hauled to Ross Incineration Services in Grafton, Ohio, to be incinerated.
    Approximately 800 tons have been hauled to Heritage Thermal Services in East Liverpool, Ohio, to be incinerated.
    Approximately 440 tons have been shipped to U.S. Ecology Wayne Disposal in Belleville, Michigan, to be placed in a landfill.
    Approximately 440 tons have been hauled to Heritage Environmental Services in North Roachdale, Indiana to be placed in a landfill.
    https://highlandcountypress.com/Cont...sed/2/20/88577

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "DEI policies at Norfolk Southern may have caused the derailment"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capitalists sucking down the wealth in the many $Bs while "external costs" are horrendous

"The Democrats’ letter, led by Rep. Jamie Raskin (Md.), focused on the company’s history of cutting staff and operating costs while sending

$18 billion to shareholders since 2018.

As its dividend payouts and stock buybacks increased, Norfolk Southern began “simultaneously scaling back its workforce and running longer, heavier trains in an apparent effort to reduce costs,” "

https://thehill.com/policy/equilibrium-sustainability/3886234-democrats-call-for-answers-from-nortfolk-southern-on-east-palestine-derailment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two soil samples in East Palestine measured as high as 700ppt, the federal "safe" level is 1000ppt.

EPA scientists in 2010 put the cancer risk threshold for dioxins in residential soil at 3.7 ppt, and the agency recommended lowering the cleanup trigger to 72 ppt.

“When you run the numbers and do your best state-of-the-art risk calculations, that’s the number you get for the cancer risk,” said Stephen Lester, a toxicologist who has researched dioxins for 40 years and is science director for the Center for Health, Environment and Justice. “That’s why dioxins are described as one of the most toxic chemicals ever created.”

The rules were ultimately killed ”for political reasons”, Lester said. Exposure to that level of dioxin is probably widespread, and making the change would create fallout that would be extremely difficult for the government to manage, he added.

Instead of making adjustments for the high risk of these chemicals, they dropped it, they just walked away from it
    “Instead of making adjustments for the high risk of these chemicals, they dropped it, they just walked away from it, and that’s the crazy part of this story,” Lester said. Now the EPA can legally claim the levels in East Palestine are safe, even if agency science has suggested it is not.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...hemical-levels

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC Officers Became Sick While Assessing Contamination in East Palestine

The reports add "confirmation that

the symptoms reported by East Palestine residents are real and

are associated with environmental exposures from the derailment and chemical fire,"

https://www.commondreams.org/news/east-palestine-cdc-sick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the immediate aftermath of Norfolk Southern’s train derailment in East Palestine in early February, reporters, first responders and officials seemed confused about exactly what chemicals were even in the train’s burning cars. Yet, right on cue, despite not knowing what effects the various chemicals could have within an explosive situation, the EPA reported that the surrounding air and water was safe to breathe and drink.

As more reports trickled out, we learned the train cars were carrying at least
    five toxic chemicals: vinyl chloride, ethylene glycol monobutyl ether, butyl acrylate, ethylhexyl acrylate, and isobutylene. According to government and scientific data, exposure to these chemicals can cause multiple forms of cancer and other serious health issues. But Norfolk Southern failed to initially disclose those chemicals as highly hazardous, and first responders — not to mention the public — had little idea what they were dealing with.
    Three days after the derailment, on Feb. 6, we watched as Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, in consultation with Norfolk Southern representatives,
    greenlighted a plan to blow holes in five of the cars containing toxic chemicals, which would lead to a ​“controlled release,” and residents in nearby communities were ordered to evacuate. This decision to release and burn off the chemicals was defended by public officials and Norfolk Southern as the ​“safest way” to handle the situation. The resulting fire’s black plume of smoke, ash and debris, created a toxic pall that hung over the communities for days. EPA tests found the air contaminated with phosgene, hydrogen chloride, VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and particulate matter.

By Feb. 7, according to a Norfolk Southern service alert, trains were running through East Palestine again. As thousands of dead fish floated in local waterways, as nearby residents were reporting sickness and dying pets, as untold long-term health and environmental problems lurked in the hazy future, the railroad chugged back to business as usual.

“We basically nuked a town with chemicals so we could get a railroad open,” said hazardous materials expert and retired Youngstown, Ohio Fire Chief Sil Caggiano.
    https://inthesetimes.com/article/eas...ental-disaster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reached by phone, Brown, who last week visited East Palestine for the fourth time since the derailment, says the picture is not as sunny as the one painted by Shaw and other Norfolk Southern officials.

"Too many people are still getting sick. Too many worry about their farms or even their gardens," Brown said. "They worry about their homes losing value. They worry about what happens after two or five or 10 years of breathing this stuff."
    While many residents have returned to their homes, hundreds are still living in temporary housing without proper compensation for the displacements, Wright said.

They are concerned about their health and the environment. Wright said a colleague recently found oil slicks in waterways. Families and businesses are struggling and expect more from Norfolk Southern and the EPA.

"Farms are very (plentiful) around us here. So that's a huge issue for people that have crops. And even if their land is OK, unfortunately people are scared to get food now from them. These farms are losing their business," Wright said.
    https://www.dispatch.com/story/opini...n/70130750007/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    operating a fake charity is presumably optional

A political consultant who acted as U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s 2020 campaign manager and two others have agreed to pay more than $50,000 in res ution and penalties for their roles in operating a phony East Palestine charity in the aftermath of a widely-publicized train derailment.

Under a settlement announced Thursday by Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost, Isaiah Wartman and Luke Mahoney of WAMA Strategies must pay more than $22,000 in res ution to a local food bank, as well as $3,000 in investigative costs and fees to Yost’s office.

Michael Peppel, the co-founder of the fake charity, called the Ohio Clean Water Fund, agreed to pay a $25,000 civil penalty and a lifetime ban on him starting, running or soliciting for any charity in Ohio, according to a Yost release.
    https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/...rity-scam.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But is it really a fake charity if they really, really, bigly really believed it was a real charity?

Asking for a Yam s looking for a legal defense.

Thread Information