Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Fitting with this being a Basketball first message board

I joined IG a couple years back and recently started to check out the reels. "Not interested" button is crucial. Anyhow this community of Sneakerheads is something else. They aren't exclusive to just USA but mostly Americans. Typically overweight and frequent NBA/Rap. Certainty not the lowest our society has to offer. The amount of time and resources they dedicate to a Chinese factory made, well gym shoe. The way they get territorial about colors. Are they aware the vast majority of us can't differentiate or want to.

This new Mystery Box controversy. At a show convention similar to ComicCon. A company(s) offers the opportunity to purchase a box for $300. Inside is promised to include a shoe and some extra items like a shirt and/or stickers. Generally the entire box is supposed to equal to around $300 on the overpriced market. Anyway there are a few boxes that include rare shoes. So the controversy is that this is basically gambling. Involving usually underage buyers. Seems rather fair to me but there is growing outrage.

Overall I was never into sneakers maybe because my family couldn't afford the best ones even if I wanted. I played sports and was given good ones - Iverson, Kemp, Pippen. The Internet seems to have turned regular Joe into a show entrepreneur

These days I wear Asics/Brooks for fitness and collection of others for regular wear. Sandals occasionally. Night out I'll go leather desert boot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    You lost me when you said you joined IG

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    These days I wear Asics/Brooks for fitness and collection of others for regular wear. Sandals occasionally. Night out I'll go leather desert boot.
    Brooks are pricey unless you get them at the DSW or some other liquidation outlet. I ended up picking me up a pair of Jordan's recently which were more than I'd like to spend on a shoe but less than what most bball shoes go for these days. These Jordan's are a combination of like 6-10 yrs of previous Jordan's released and they're comfortable but I barely wear them.

I believe these are the same model of Jordan's.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    You lost me when you said you joined IG
    Who are you? And where have you been all my life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Brooks are pricey unless you get them at the DSW or some other liquidation outlet. I ended up picking me up a pair of Jordan's recently which were more than I'd like to spend on a shoe but less than what most bball shoes go for these days. These Jordan's are a combination of like 6-10 yrs of previous Jordan's released and they're comfortable but I barely wear them.

I believe these are the same model of Jordan's.
    The Asics are train runners for about $60

Brooks are super light for gym treadmill. I got another pair too though I liked em so much. I don't think I've ever purchased sneakers beyond $90.

High tops! Never go wrong with all black. Good idea maybe I should go high top too out of retirement. Protect that ankle in the paint.

Asics Venture 7's. I just checked are $40. I went up to 8 model. Wide foot. I would try Mizuno but I think they are even more expensive.

Last edited by FrostKing; 02-17-2023 at 10:02 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm glad my dad was never dumb enough to give into my sneaker demands when I was a kid. There's way too much importance placed on having the nicest kicks in lower class -lower middle class schools. I think the most expensive shoes my dad ever bought me were the Tmac 3s and some Iversons, which were like in the $90 range back in the early to mid 2000s and getting those took a lot of nagging. Most of my other shoes were in the $50-75 range.

There were a lot of classmates regularly rocking $120+ Jordans though. Which is pretty stupid in retrospect.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Iversons and tmacs were pretty top tier back in the day tbh. Jordan’s didn’t start going through the roof until about 2014 I feel like. I had about 5 pairs of Jordan’s at one point and the most expensive was maybe like $114. I had multiples pairs of Jordan 1s that were only $100 at the time. Those have gotten insane these days

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jordan 1's aren't too bad and seem to be easier to obtain through regular retailers. You can get some nice lows for around $120. They're actually pretty comfortable which surprised me when I got my first pair. The Nike SNKRS app is useless for things like Jordan 3, 4 or 5 if you're looking to get the latest or special colorways. There are some very sought after shoes that drop on there but bots ran by scalpers override any chance the average buyer has.

I frequent Ross and Burlington for deals. There are a lot of nice shoes, Nike and Adidas, that show up there for a fraction of the price. You won't find anything too rare but still some nice stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Last edited by FrostKing; 02-19-2023 at 08:07 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Last edited by FrostKing; 02-19-2023 at 08:08 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The most comfortable shoe I ever had was New Balance 990. I needed a shoe that had a wide option and something reasonable for supination. They were like $200 or so which was hard to swallow but they felt great and lasted maybe a year and a half. But I wasn't doing a lot of stuff to wear them out. I'd buy a new pair and have the old one as a yard shoe. At some point, I noticed the new shoes felt way less comfortable and Googled it and iirc, they had started buying more components overseas. Whereas before, everything from components to manufacturing was done in the USA. I ended up switching to Asics (cant remember if it was ulus or Nimbus). They were also expensive but it was a great shoe and lasted a long time. But they only offered certain color schemes. I recently went back to New Balance because it's just a pretty boring grey shoe. It's fine.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The most comfortable shoe I ever had was New Balance 990. I needed a shoe that had a wide option and something reasonable for supination. They were like $200 or so which was hard to swallow but they felt great and lasted maybe a year and a half. But I wasn't doing a lot of stuff to wear them out. I'd buy a new pair and have the old one as a yard shoe. At some point, I noticed the new shoes felt way less comfortable and Googled it and iirc, they had started buying more components overseas. Whereas before, everything from components to manufacturing was done in the USA. I ended up switching to Asics (cant remember if it was ulus or Nimbus). They were also expensive but it was a great shoe and lasted a long time. But they only offered certain color schemes. I recently went back to New Balance because it's just a pretty boring grey shoe. It's fine.
    I got some NB FuelCell Prism v2 in mid December, they are great. I put some FP insole 3mm Gamechangers custom orthotics in them for the custom arch support.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I got some NB FuelCell Prism v2 in mid December, they are great. I put some FP insole 3mm Gamechangers custom orthotics in them for the custom arch support.
    That's a good looking shoe. I can't see that they offer in a wide though. It's weird though, if I go to Amazon, they show selections in wide.
    I should bite the bullet and get orthotics for my feet though.
    Edit on my previous post...I'm wearing the 993's now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That's a good looking shoe. I can't see that they offer in a wide though. It's weird though, if I go to Amazon, they show selections in wide.
    I should bite the bullet and get orthotics for my feet though.
    Edit on my previous post...I'm wearing the 993's now.
    Weird, i ordered 2E in size 13 in December off their site.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't find it. Don't want to waste your time but can you take a look at their site?
    I know Amazon sellers often sell their left over stock. I can go that route. I was just concerned that it might be a knock off because New Balance doesn't list it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I see some comments on Amazon that it might have been discontinued. For $81, I'm going to grab a pair. Always easy to return stuff to Amazon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I can't find it. Don't want to waste your time but can you take a look at their site?
    I know Amazon sellers often sell their left over stock. I can go that route. I was just concerned that it might be a knock off because New Balance doesn't list it.
    Yeah I couldn't see them there anymore. They have a different model of Fuel Cells but not the one I got

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

So used for a few weeks now. Like having another shoe in the rotation. I still think Brooks are better and pound for pound (outdoor fitness) I'll take Asics but loving these too. Probably the lightest gym footwear I've ever worn. Love the color scheme too, gray is versatile with many outfits & socks.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Diff shoes for different feet.
    Mine like Brooks.
    The older Brooks Addiction especially.

Thread Information